Both are equally so exciting, I'll have to up my meds 138.84%
Excuse me, do I look like I care? 4933.33%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
10-09-2013, 06:14 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JinDesu Quote
I don't need FF. I need better AF, high burst rate, quiet shutter, and WR. Fortunately the new k-3 looks like it ticks off every one of those boxes (crossing my fingers on the shutter sound).
As long as the K-3 shutter is no louder than the K-5 it will be quieter than the D610 because I think it has the same sound as the D600 and one of the guys I did the Worldwide Photowalk with this past weekend was using a D600 and another was using the D7000 and my K-5 was quieter than both of them.

10-09-2013, 07:54 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The Nikon 610 is nothing more then a fix for the 600's defective shutter assembly. They went with this first shutter to cut cost and it failed to hold up. So marketing decided to change a fix into a selling opportunity. My two cents.
10-09-2013, 01:06 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
NIKON is DOOMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Point, shoot, collapse: Why big camera companies are the next BlackBerry | Financial Post

QuoteQuote:
“You’re talking about a 10-15% decline [in DSLR shipments] all over the world. Which is kind of shocking because that market’s been growing double digits for almost ten years,” said Christopher Chute, market intelligence firm IDC’s research director of worldwide digital imaging.

According to Mr. Chute’s research, the rate of market decline is accelerating each quarter — with global shipments of all digital cameras falling 36.2% to 19.2 million units in the second quarter alone, and interchangeable lens cameras, which include DSLRs, falling 10.9% to just 4 million units shipped. Canon has sold 23% less cameras than a year earlier, Nikon is down 18.2%, and Sony and Fujifilm are each off about 35%.

“Nikon recently said they have a five year plan to address this. And my view is, that five year plan should have come out five years ago,” Mr. Chute said.

“They’re not going to be around in five years.”
10-09-2013, 01:26 PM   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
They certainly need to change things up, but they'll simply be bought if things go bad. I expect the F-mount will be around for awhile still. Pentax seems to have the right idea by not over-manufacturing and letting stock sit on shelves. However, the money is really in the enthusiast and pro segments. They don't make a lot of money putting Rebels into the hands of people who'll only ever shoot with the kit lens.

Last edited by kenafein; 10-09-2013 at 01:37 PM.
10-09-2013, 03:59 PM   #35
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kenafein Quote
They certainly need to change things up, but they'll simply be bought if things go bad. I expect the F-mount will be around for awhile still. Pentax seems to have the right idea by not over-manufacturing and letting stock sit on shelves. However, the money is really in the enthusiast and pro segments. They don't make a lot of money putting Rebels into the hands of people who'll only ever shoot with the kit lens.
At what price do you guys think the pentax FF would debut, if it were to happen?
10-09-2013, 04:21 PM   #36
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by PBandJ Quote
At what price do you guys think the pentax FF would debut, if it were to happen?
mid $2,000's if it has K-3 specs.
10-09-2013, 04:54 PM   #37
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I don't get exited over any new bodies. The first and last camera I bought when it just came out was a K10D and it went a week or so until the built in flash fried the main PCB. The replacement had the tilted viewfinder and developed the corner crack and also died before a year was up. It seems all the new stuff has a glitch and we are the ones to sort it out. It's a lot cheaper to wait for a while. I got great deals on used bodies and spend my dough on lenses. I might break my own rules for a 7dii if it had a sensor as clean as my 1diii but with more MP though.

10-20-2013, 01:14 PM   #38

Photos: Albums
I think is difficult make certain comparison mainly because:
- on DSLR you should evaluate the all system (1)
- the Nikon D610 is identical respect the Nikon D600 so everyone known the performance while the Pentax K3 we known only on paper

Anyway if the AF performance on the Pentax K3 prove to be good enough respect the best product of the competition for those who are interested in staying within the DSLR the Pentax should be more the sufficient since in the end what matter isn't much the best on asolute term but what is sufficient good for your own need.

Once the Pentax K3 will be on the street with more informations I think I will select a choice from the survey.

(1) Though remain annoying the lack of support for automatic radio trigger on Pentax camera and, in general, the flash solution remain inferior respect the Nikon system.