cp+

just found this
------------------
asahi man
Regular Member • Posts: 351

Re: What will the Sony A7 Full Frame do to the K-3
In reply to Anastigmat, 6 hours ago

Anastigmat wrote:
Full frame and only $400 more than the K-3. Sony shatters the lie that a full frame body must be a behemoth.

For 400$ i will get a new flash,there is no optical finder,low frame rate,if flash system like NEX 7,than lower compare to K-3,AF prediction should be faster in K-3,cause of the AF Type and module,body to small to handle 300+converter or 560mm,same with other bigs comming up next (CP+)...
I see only a little bit bigger sensor,thats all.
Donīt need
And try the resolution between NIKON D7100 and D 600....not a big deal...
With K-3 i get the better camera,better flashsystem,better finder and better lenssystem.
More @ CP+

--------------------

from

Re: What will the Sony A7 Full Frame do to the K-3: Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

10-16-2013, 01:27 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by twophase Quote
just found this
------------------
asahi man

Anastigmat wrote:
Full frame and only $400 more than the K-3. Sony shatters the lie that a full frame body must be a behemoth.

For 400$ i will get a new flash,there is no optical finder,low frame rate,if flash system like NEX 7,than lower compare to K-3,AF prediction should be faster in K-3,cause of the AF Type and module,body to small to handle 300+converter or 560mm,same with other bigs comming up next (CP+)...
Donīt need
With K-3 i get the better camera,better flashsystem,better finder and better lenssystem.
More @ CP+

--------------------

from

Re: What will the Sony A7 Full Frame do to the K-3: Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review
Looks like somebody's upset that the K-3 isn't a FF

But this is like comparing apples to oranges, really. The K-3 is better in some ways, the A7 is better in others, make your pick based on your needs.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

10-16-2013, 01:31 PM   #3

Original Poster
yes.. perhaps heīs itching to say something very nice, who knows
10-16-2013, 01:42 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

yes.. perhaps heīs itching to say something very nice, who knows
CP+ would be way too early. If we do see a Pentax FF, I think it will come in a year, at the earliest. Though it would be nice if they could at least show off a prototype or something like that.

Adam

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

10-16-2013, 02:01 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
CP+ would be way too early. If we do see a Pentax FF, I think it will come in a year, at the earliest. Though it would be nice if they could at least show off a prototype or something like that.
So we can go to sleep until Photo Kina 2014?
10-16-2013, 02:02 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Way too early, quite possible; but it's a major show and I'm sure we'll see interesting things there.
After all, the K-3 is only the beginning

Ron: don't go to sleep (that would be a long hibernation); sit tight and enjoy the show.
10-16-2013, 02:04 PM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
So we can go to sleep until Photo Kina 2014?
Probably. Will you be there?

Adam

10-16-2013, 02:13 PM   #8
Forum Member

just found this
------------------
asahi man

Anastigmat wrote:

Donīt need
More @ CP+

--------------------

from

I think he is mainly talking about lenses here and not about a FF camera. My guess would be, that the 100-400 ~ish Zoom (and maybe the TC?) will be announced at CP+

10-16-2013, 02:19 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
That is also my understanding; no lenses where announced with the K3, there should be some lenses Under development
10-16-2013, 08:36 PM   #10
Pentaxian

I agree, he is not saying there will be FF at CP+. He doesn't see a need for the Sony because all it offers is a larger sensor, and will not handle big lenses like the 560mm and other large lenses that are coming (I assume the TC and supertele zoom).

Last edited by audiobomber; 10-16-2013 at 08:43 PM.
10-16-2013, 10:46 PM   #11
Pentaxian

Yikes, I hope they don't wait over a year. To be fair, we've been giving them "another year" for years.

Last edited by jeffshaddix; 10-16-2013 at 10:52 PM.
10-17-2013, 02:23 AM   #12
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Probably. Will you be there?
Yes offcourse, it's only a 100 miles drive for me.
10-17-2013, 04:11 AM - 1 Like   #13
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffshaddix Quote
Yikes, I hope they don't wait over a year. To be fair, we've been giving them "another year" for years.
Anyone who's paid attention to what Pentax was saying knows that they flatly stated, at every opportunity, that FF was not on the table. The first time this changed was about a year ago, when they finally said they were considering it. Anyone who's been waiting for years set up false expectations. New product development takes 18 months to two years, according to a Pentax exec. It is no surprise that it will take another year to produce a FF body and a couple of lenses for the release.

FF is just a distraction, a small corner of the market. APS-C is 90% of the show, and there was an immense need for an updated, pro-spec body. There are significant holes in the lens catalog. That's where they need to focus their attention now.