Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 13 Likes Search this Thread
10-24-2013, 06:40 PM   #106
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by x-country Quote
Well I don't think I'm the only one who just placed an order of a Sony A7r with k2e-adapter? It will be exciting to use my FA-limiteds, the A50/f1.2 and the A28/f2.8 without crop factor and at 36 megapixels.
X-country I'd be very interested, as would many others, in hearing how you like the new a7r & adapter with Pentax glass. Hope you will write a post when after you've tried it out.

10-24-2013, 07:12 PM   #107
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jon404 Quote
@kenafein -- as one of the masses, and a happy K-01 owner, it would be wonderful to upgrade to a K-02 with a 24-or-36 MP FF sensor that you guys are going on about. Body's big enough for it to fit, right?

OTOH, why not re-package the 645 with a 36 MP 135-format FF sensor? Retail, body only, at $1,995? Possible? Sure would look impressive -- and the ergonomics are PERFECT on that camera...
Too big for many people's tastes, especially Pentaxians.

I can't tell if you're trying to say you want to use 135 lenses on the body or not - I suspect you aren't saying that. In the off chance you are... well you can't.
10-24-2013, 09:53 PM   #108
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
@ElJamoquio -- you're right... of course you can't use 135 lenses on the 645 body, as it stands... but what if, on that same body, you stuck a 135 format FF sensor inside, and a new mount on the front for the 135 lenses?

I would LOVE a camera like that... the full 645 best-handling-camera-in-the-world merged with a decent 135 FF sensor and all our existing 135 lenses. But, as you said, 'too big for many people's tastes, especially Pentaxians'. Darn. Hey, guys, more is more!
10-25-2013, 12:39 AM   #109
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ElJamoquio Quote
Too big for many people's tastes, especially Pentaxians.
Even unnecessarily big for 645. I think the next 645 model will have larger sensor and smaller body.

10-25-2013, 12:24 PM   #110

QuoteOriginally posted by gazonk Quote
Even unnecessarily big for 645. I think the next 645 model will have larger sensor and smaller body.
A la the Q. The 645D-Q? The Dairy Queen body!
10-25-2013, 12:48 PM   #111
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jon404 Quote
@kenafein -- as one of the masses, and a happy K-01 owner, it would be wonderful to upgrade to a K-02 with a 24-or-36 MP FF sensor that you guys are going on about. Body's big enough for it to fit, right?

OTOH, why not re-package the 645 with a 36 MP 135-format FF sensor? Retail, body only, at $1,995? Possible? Sure would look impressive -- and the ergonomics are PERFECT on that camera...

That would be interesting.
10-25-2013, 01:05 PM   #112
Pentaxian

As in the photographic Chinese curse: "may you use interesting cameras"?

By the way:
Some say they are profitable and growing, and next year they will actually launch a Pentax "full frame" DSLR. All we know, they're called Ricoh Imaging!

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/240639-pentax-ricoh-ru...oh-future.html
Straight from the Ricoh Imaging's Russian cousin.

10-25-2013, 04:22 PM - 1 Like   #113
Veteran Member

The current 35mm prototype is jusing a Sony 24mp sensor,with sr
The firmware is still not complete,a part is still on labcomputers,but the camea concept is working.
It shoulb be the reason that the 645II is still not in sight.
The plan before Ricoh was end of this year,close after the K-3.
The K-3 is also different to the K-3 from last Photokina and what i have seen on Roadmap.
It shoult have the same autofocus like the K-5II.
Ricoh stopped the presentation last year,so it was only to see under the hand for a hand full of people.
Ricoh has changed a lot,more than a lot.
And we should see the 35mm Pentax in autumn 2014.
Best regards
10-25-2013, 04:41 PM   #114
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by asahi man Quote
And we should see the 35mm Pentax in autumn 2014.
And our long international nightmare is over.

Maybe.

10-25-2013, 09:37 PM   #115
Pentaxian

Hi asahi man,

welcome to the forum!

I hope we'll see you here more often.

The customers should never be tired to have ideas,Pentax and Ricoh are still watching for good recommendations.
Are they reading the "Dear Pentax" thread?

I wonder how to best make them aware of ideas. Whether they take them up is another matter, but I wonder whether the "Dear Pentax" thread serves its purpose or not. If you have a suggestion how to share ideas with them, please let us know.

The K-3 and recent marketing activities show a lot of promise. I'm very glad to see such a competitive product from Pentax.

A few things concern me though:
  • There is no K-3 alternative with a Bayer-AA-filter. The AA-simulator is a great concept, but it only works up to a certain shutter speed. What if I get moiré and/or colour artefacts at 1/2000s?
  • The D-BG5 design is a major step backwards from the D-BG4. I do not understand how Pentax who were class leading in ergonomics managed to produce a button layout on the grip that is so different to that on the camera. I realise that the grip isn't wide enough to replicate the layout on the camera, but buttons that are used as frequently as the AF button (and to some extent the "green" button) should be at the same positions (relative to the rear wheel) on both camera and grip.
  • The FLUcard concept sounds great in theory, because it addresses both (wireless) tethering and with a good live view stream is even better than an articulated screen, but I haven't seen any demo of it working yet and past customer feedback for FLUcards has not always been stellar. I can only hope that the Pentax-specific FLUcard will work as advertised.
  • The USB-3 connector would be ideal to support fast tethering, but there do not seem to be any plans for using it for that purposes. It seems like a waste of hardware to me to only use it for standard image transfer. USB card readers are better suited for that, AFAIC.

P.S.: Autumn 2014 sounds like an eternity to bridge until we'll see a Pentax FF, but I'll have tons of fun with my K-5 II till then.
10-29-2013, 03:22 AM   #116
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The current 35mm prototype is jusing a Sony 24mp sensor,with sr
The firmware is still not complete,a part is still on labcomputers,but the camea concept is working.
Best regards
You have forgotten to use plural — there are various models for the FF DSLR prototype. (And not so DSLR).
The one based on the K-5 body was already made a year ago and was seen by Pentax Australia.
But according to my spies, the first FF DSLR will be most likely be the variant of the K-3 (which is very similar to K-5 anyway).
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited by Uluru; 10-29-2013 at 03:46 AM.
10-29-2013, 06:18 AM   #117
Veteran Member

Correct
Of corse will be the actually body type,the new body for 35mm.
I also think it is the K-3 Type for the slr.
I believe,Pentax will bring DSLR and Mirrorless with 35mm,but this is only wishfull thinking with a little backround.
But,till next summer we will get no 100% newes about this.
At CP+ Pentax will show the new Tele lenses and earlier the Limited Zoom for aps-c.
Tele will be 35mm Type,like the DA*300,but it´s a zoom.
Don´t know the range.But they are talking about 400mm zoom range.
Fullframe.
But at first,i will enjoy the great K-3
10-29-2013, 06:36 AM   #118

Honestly I just did realize that there will be no Pentax FF DSRL. This is business and FF is not going to make much profit for Ricoh. They just not want to say no strait cos its not good to do business in that way. There is no Pentax FF digital and newer will be. That has been plan in Pentax for many years now. As result there is no FF zoom lenses in production.

Ok we all know this allready. But there is something new happened that we must notice. FF has been like maybeif promised to come for long time now but still nothing. Instead this forum has started to marketing other brand FF dsrl cameras for pentax users to use with their current FF pentax lenses. This all can read between the lines. No Pentax FF DSRL is coming sorry.
10-29-2013, 06:40 AM   #119
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by 123jippo Quote
Honestly I just did realize that there will be no Pentax FF DSRL. This is business and FF is not going to make much profit for Ricoh. They just not want to say no strait cos its not good to do business in that way. There is no Pentax FF digital and newer will be. That has been plan in Pentax for many years now. As result there is no FF zoom lenses in production.

Ok we all know this allready. But there is something new happened that we must notice. FF has been like maybeif promised to come for long time now but still nothing. Instead this forum has started to marketing other brand FF dsrl cameras for pentax users to use with their current FF pentax lenses. This all can read between the lines. No Pentax FF DSRL is coming sorry.
Oh it's probably coming, but why on earth wait for an entire year?! And remember, a lot can happen in a year, and that ETA can move further away many times.
10-29-2013, 06:43 AM   #120
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by 123jippo Quote
No Pentax FF DSRL is coming sorry.
Perhaps you should re-read the posts above?
A real Pentax FF has been solidly indicated by both Ricoh and also well-informed people like asahi man.