Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-21-2013, 09:02 PM   #1

FF: Let's keep this goin!

Here we go again!

New Pentax K2 Di Y – Full Frame Camera by Christmas | PhotoSafari

Truth or joke?

Last edited by blisskid; 10-21-2013 at 09:20 PM.
10-21-2013, 09:05 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Looks like a joke to me!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-21-2013, 09:07 PM   #3

Oh god. Not AGAIN..
10-21-2013, 09:09 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Well it's obviously an early April Fools Day joke. The "kit" looks pretty scary (to say the least) and that gives it away. Surely you need not have asked?

10-21-2013, 09:10 PM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Remember that youtube video where some kid said he had his hands on a K-3 FF, and then admitted that it was just to keep a friend from jumping ship?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-21-2013, 09:10 PM   #6
Veteran Member

So this "new member" (er.. troll) thinks this is very funny.. actually I do too so I can forgive said Troll.
10-21-2013, 09:12 PM   #7
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
1000 USD?
Not possible. That would be much cheaper than the K-3 even. It sounds like a distasteful joke.

"There are plans to make mounts for Canon, Nikon, Sony, Olympus, Zeiss, Kiev and Leica lenses."
Makes no business sense.

If it was true I would order two straight away...

10-21-2013, 09:12 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Remember that youtube video where some kid said he had his hands on a K-3 FF, and then admitted that it was just to keep a friend from jumping ship?
Sorry I don't Adam... I don't always pay attention to these things.
10-21-2013, 09:17 PM - 1 Like   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not So Fast!

Oh, no. Let me be the first to whine. No tethering, didn't change the flash sync speed, no TTL, didn't announce any new lenses, no articulating screen?
Did I miss anything?
Pentax is DOOMED!!!!
LOL
Ron
10-21-2013, 09:21 PM - 1 Like   #10
Veteran Member

Pentax K2 Di Y

Emphasis on the Di Y
10-21-2013, 09:26 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I will file this under Troll, however, if they apply the changeable mount idea, similar to the Ricoh GXR and offered mounts for Nikon and Canon, they don't need any full frame lenses.
The problem with this ideas is lens revenue would go to another company.
Imagine being able to shoot anybody's lense catalog. I see all the camera companies encrypting the signals in the near future.
10-22-2013, 02:53 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Strange this "rumour" should emerge at the same time as the Nikon FM lookalike. The bit about the varying mounts is hard to swallow, too. The registration distance of the K-mount would make that very problematic.
10-22-2013, 04:05 AM   #13

economics favor a FF in the K3 body to keep expenses down on ricohs side. If you set up a factory, tool it up to produce a certain model, you best make most of the pieces from different cameras usable by the most models. keeps the costs of production down. wasn't there a letter from ricoh concerning a factory hit by an earthquake? Now why would the company reassure people that all is ok, if their "eggs" where all in the same basket?
10-22-2013, 04:19 AM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Katmandude Quote
economics favor a FF in the K3 body to keep expenses down on ricohs side. If you set up a factory, tool it up to produce a certain model, you best make most of the pieces from different cameras usable by the most models. keeps the costs of production down. wasn't there a letter from ricoh concerning a factory hit by an earthquake? Now why would the company reassure people that all is ok, if their "eggs" where all in the same basket?
But that would be like admitting the K-3 has excess unneccesary bulk. If it has the spare room to house the FF sensor and its larger mirror, mirror mechanism, SR mechanism and what not...
10-22-2013, 04:21 AM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

They could at least have illustrated the rumour with an exploded K2, rather than a Spotmatic-F…