Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
10-22-2013, 04:52 AM   #16

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
But that would be like admitting the K-3 has excess unneccesary bulk. If it has the spare room to house the FF sensor and its larger mirror, mirror mechanism, SR mechanism and what not...

really, have you already taken a K3 apart?

10-22-2013, 04:58 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Katmandude Quote
really, have you already taken a K3 apart?

LOL!

If I make a box for a as small as possible for tiny Fiat 500. And then later I take out the Fiat 500 and manage to shoehorn a big longhaul truck with a 40' container in that very same box. Then we can safely conclude that that box wasn't as small as it could have. We most probably don't have to take the box apart for that.

Last edited by Clavius; 10-22-2013 at 05:05 AM.
10-22-2013, 05:00 AM   #18

title says it all : DIY !

10-22-2013, 05:26 AM   #19
Banned

QuoteQuote:
Lens mount – K-mount and is compatible with all K-mount lenses. There are plans to make mounts for Canon, Nikon, Sony, Olympus, Zeiss, Kiev and Leica lenses.

10-22-2013, 06:47 AM   #20

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
LOL!

If I make a box for a as small as possible for tiny Fiat 500. And then later I take out the Fiat 500 and manage to shoehorn a big longhaul truck with a 40' container in that very same box. Then we can safely conclude that that box wasn't as small as it could have. We most probably don't have to take the box apart for that.
well , in this case, unless you can show me there isn't space left in the K3 enclosure, i don't see why not. And that's beside the point.
we are speculating, not making definitive statements. from your line of replies, i can feel some hmmm, tension with this issue? have you seen the specs on the lastest Sony model? it has most of what the K3 has i terms of extras (mic jacks, input out put, RGB sensor etc... for a smaller frame! ok, there isn't stabilization on the sony model, but then again, the K3 is Approx. 131.5mm (W) x100mm (H) x 77.5mm (D) (excluding protrusions) and the sony is 127 x 94 x 48 mm (5.00 x 3.70 x 1.89″) so considering by how much the sensor has to move to be able to cope with the stab. I'm wondering if it's possible.
10-22-2013, 07:15 AM   #21
Veteran Member

well , in this case, unless you can show me there isn't space left in the K3 enclosure, i don't see why not. And that's beside the point.
we are speculating, not making definitive statements. from your line of replies, i can feel some hmmm, tension with this issue?
Nope, no tension, just amazement.

have you seen the specs on the lastest Sony model? it has most of what the K3 has i terms of extras (mic jacks, input out put, RGB sensor etc... for a smaller frame! ok, there isn't stabilization on the sony model, but then again, the K3 is Approx. 131.5mm (W) x100mm (H) x 77.5mm (D) (excluding protrusions) and the sony is 127 x 94 x 48 mm (5.00 x 3.70 x 1.89″) so considering by how much the sensor has to move to be able to cope with the stab. I'm wondering if it's possible.
Ever thought of the mirrorbox, the bigger mirror, the bigger mirrormechanism, etc?

Face it, Pentax isn't known for making things any bigger then they have to be. In fact, they've long been known for making worlds smallest APS-C DSLRs that pack a big punch. Canon only recently introduced a smaller one... with an ever so much smaller punch.)

And do you really see any extra spare space in here:
10-22-2013, 07:47 AM   #22

nice section bit, where was it, that's awesome ^^

10-22-2013, 08:50 AM   #23
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Pentaxians do not need a full frame camera. They can step up to an obsolete medium format with similar image quality at three times the price.
10-22-2013, 09:22 AM   #24

QuoteOriginally posted by civiletti Quote
Pentaxians do not need a full frame camera. They can step up to an obsolete medium format with similar image quality at three times the price.
I think it's more in tune with versatility, why not have a few different formats, with different strengths. If you think along the lines "one format to rule them all" what's the point of the 645D, of microphotography, of telescopes, of anything but APS... hmmmm ??
10-22-2013, 11:03 AM   #25
Veteran Member

nice section bit, where was it, that's awesome ^^
I don't know. I knew this image was available so I just googled "half K-5". Oh yes, it's not the K-3 of course, but the K-5II. I really like the good amount of detail. You can trace the entire path of light from the lens to the VF.