Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-08-2014, 02:56 PM   #1

FF - more than photos, Ricoh take notice!

Hopefully this hasn't been posted before. From Reddit

From the set of Sherlock Holmes. I can see at least 44 D800s. One studio, multipled by how many? And its not like Nikon is the 'go to' brand for movie makers.. If Ricoh nailed FF imaging AND moving images there is plenty of available market outside the Enthusiast Pentaxians we see here on the forums.

I will be going to FF this year, I hope its a Pentax.

Last edited by Ben78; 01-08-2014 at 03:02 PM.
01-08-2014, 03:41 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This technique was one of the more brilliant brain storms of recent movie-making. So simple, but so cool!
01-08-2014, 04:28 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by TaoMaas Quote
This technique was one of the more brilliant brain storms of recent movie-making. So simple, but so cool!
It's actually one of the very oldest, as it is an extension of Muybridge's fast-motion explorations using multiple cameras near the advent of the motion picture.

Unfortunately, I think we are a long way away from any television cinematographers using a Pentax product. The name just doesn't have any equity in the motion picture / television industry.
01-08-2014, 06:12 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Can someone explain what is happening here? or point me somewhere? And in small words as I don't do video, but that looks interesting.

01-08-2014, 06:17 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Can someone explain what is happening here? or point me somewhere? And in small words as I don't do video, but that looks interesting.
Sorta how the matrix time-stop/slomo rotating scenes were shot. By shooting a bunch of shots from cameras around the subject, you can post process to "rotate" the scene as though the time has stopped but the cameras haven't.

01-08-2014, 06:25 PM   #6
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
A technique of stop motion filming that lets the cinematographer do a virtual pan a frozen subject.

It took the movie world by storm with the release of "The Matrix". There are some very cool scenes in the movie. In fact I loved the movie - pity about the sequels!

More information: Bullet time - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Example:
01-08-2014, 06:34 PM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by fuent104 Quote
It's actually one of the very oldest, as it is an extension of Muybridge's fast-motion explorations using multiple cameras near the advent of the motion picture.
Yeah...sort of. Muybridge's work pre-dates motion pictures, so he hadn't the slightest clue about how this would be used in modern motion pictures. But you're right about it being the same concept.
01-08-2014, 06:52 PM   #8
Site Supporter

Thank you! Cool stuff.