Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 22 Likes Search this Thread
01-30-2014, 06:43 AM   #46
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by scratchpaddy Quote
Mad lib camera? This could get interesting!

Okay, I demand an optical viewfinder. Just wanted to get that in before someone puts in an EVF.
QuoteOriginally posted by OldNoob Quote
agreed!
Interchangeable.

01-30-2014, 06:45 AM   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Interchangeable.
Yes! An interchangeable viewfinder. Now that would be truly something! An engineering nightmare I think, especially if we also want to make use of shorter registry distance, but still.
01-30-2014, 06:48 AM   #48
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
Yes! An interchangeable viewfinder. Now that would be truly something! An engineering nightmare I think, especially if we also want to make use of shorter registry distance, but still.
It shouldn't be that much of a nightmare... and yes, interchangeable is nice to have on my K-HG as well.
01-30-2014, 06:49 AM   #49
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Meh. It's been done.

01-30-2014, 06:58 AM   #50
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I know, that was so cool. It becomes many times more complicated when you want interchangability between both optical and electronic VF's. But I'm obviously not an engineer.
01-30-2014, 07:16 AM - 1 Like   #51
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
New or Old?

Styling? I'm on record many times with this, but I'll say it again;
No Retro.
Not "Retro Done Right!", no phony nostalgia, no appalling 'faux' 70's hipster look, 'Remember me?' dials and knobs, wannabe.
Because, ya' know, do we really need another Nikon Df?
Fuji X-T1,
Sony Alpha, 7 (R),
Olympus OM-D E-M10?
Trade off what now seems to be the best ergonomics and user-friendly design going, for a box with knobs?
To chase a small, style-oriented fad that's nearing its shelf-life? Overcrowded, overpriced and underdone?
Nay-sayers will point out that the very fact there's so many versions, means it must be popular, right?
Could it be that Sony (in particular) and the others are throwing darts at a board? See what sticks. Of course, they can afford to.
No, a K-5 or K-3 form factor, slightly larger. Normal-looking, no junk, no 'look at me!' design cues, no memorabilia.
Normal, for Pentax, 2014.
Should be interesting....
JMO,
Ron
01-30-2014, 07:28 AM - 1 Like   #52
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rbefly Quote
Styling? I'm on record many times with this, but I'll say it again;
No Retro.
Not "Retro Done Right!", no phony nostalgia, no appalling 'faux' 70's hipster look, 'Remember me?' dials and knobs, wannabe.
Because, ya' know, do we really need another Nikon Df?
Fuji X-T1,
Sony Alpha, 7 (R),
Olympus OM-D E-M10?
Trade off what now seems to be the best ergonomics and user-friendly design going, for a box with knobs?
To chase a small, style-oriented fad that's nearing its shelf-life? Overcrowded, overpriced and underdone?
Nay-sayers will point out that the very fact there's so many versions, means it must be popular, right?
Could it be that Sony (in particular) and the others are throwing darts at a board? See what sticks. Of course, they can afford to.
No, a K-5 or K-3 form factor, slightly larger. Normal-looking, no junk, no 'look at me!' design cues, no memorabilia.
Normal, for Pentax, 2014.
Should be interesting....
JMO,
Ron
Agreed. I have soem retro cameras (SF1, Spotmatic), and they simply don't feel as good in my hand as my K5 does. My K-01, while not retro, doesn't feel as good in my hand as my K5. I love the ergonomics of the K5.

01-30-2014, 07:42 AM   #53
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I know, that was so cool. It becomes many times more complicated when you want interchangability between both optical and electronic VF's. But I'm obviously not an engineer.
If the EVF is ONE of the interchangeable options that would be really cool. The LED's and other electrical information were visible in all the LX VF's. I suppose they were actually housed in the body. You'd need the connectors to feed into the EVF and some of the electronics in it.
01-30-2014, 09:51 AM   #54
Veteran Member

One important feature for this 'future' Pentax FF camera is a decrippled K-mount so you can use light meter with your old Pentax glasses...
01-30-2014, 12:21 PM   #55
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

(I think we may be designing a Super Camera)

Designing or just Specifying ???
01-30-2014, 12:25 PM   #56
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I think there is an important issue missing on the requirements, the ETA !!! What is the deadline ?
01-30-2014, 12:39 PM   #57
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by oldnoob Quote
6.66 mp per a cm in a full frame would equal how many mp??
57mp ?
01-30-2014, 04:51 PM   #58
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ok, Lets build a fictional FF K-1s together.
Everyone add JUST ONE feature that they would most like to see in a fictional K-1s.
Or add a drawing or image of the feature.
Make sure you don't add a feature that has already been listed. (try not to add conflicting features)
The longer this thread goes the more meditation on features will be needed.

Ok I'll start with:
Full Frame and__________

Features mentioned:
Full Frame
Clean styling
Optical Viewfinder
6.66 MP per a square centimeter
K-3 styling
Size of a LX film camera (possibly mirrorless)
Mirrorless (not sure we can do that with optical viewfinder though, possible rangefinder)
50mm f1.4 metal kit lens
Shake Reduction
Styled by the same person who designed the Pentax Q
4K 60p
Expand ISO lower and higher
Dedicated DOF preview lever or button
Electronic shutter to sync up to 1/8000th.

(I think we may be designing a Super Camera)
Why not forget all of this and just kstart with a PZ1p , update to add all the digital functions, latest focusing engines etc, alpdd P-TTL and aHSS but retain TTL
01-30-2014, 06:31 PM   #59

QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
Ouch, but unfortunately your not far off the mark, the Nikon is an impressive piece of kit.
Bingo...sign me up for that one but without the integrated grip.
01-30-2014, 07:49 PM   #60
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Apapukas Quote
Instead of a box, it should come in the hands of a sexy Pentax lady, that just got caught in the rain and is soaking wet (even though the camera is fine, if you still happen to care)

In the news: "Pentax experiencing a rash of pneumonia outbreaks among their delivery girls."