Price 2500-3000 USD

This specs will kill all the competitors in the market

02-09-2014, 11:26 AM - 1 Like   #107

Photos: Gallery
Mirror & Prism like in the LX.
02-09-2014, 11:39 AM   #108
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by Mazhe Quote
Mirror & Prism like in the LX.
Got my vote on that one.
02-09-2014, 10:44 PM   #109
Forum Member

Connectivity, via WiFi and Bluetooth; should also have the ability to send/receive mms and sms via cell network directly or by being paired to another device such as smartphone.

All metal body.

Full K-mount compatibility, it should be able to use any K-mount lens ever made: totally, absolutely, completely. to that end, it should have a split-image circle for manual focusing mode.

If it happens to bear a strong resemblance to my Program Plus, even better.

02-10-2014, 01:18 AM   #110
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Beaugrand Quote
Connectivity, via WiFi and Bluetooth; should also have the ability to send/receive mms and sms via cell network directly or by being paired to another device such as smartphone.

All metal body.

Full K-mount compatibility, it should be able to use any K-mount lens ever made: totally, absolutely, completely. to that end, it should have a split-image circle for manual focusing mode.

If it happens to bear a strong resemblance to my Program Plus, even better.
I suggested interchangeable focus screens.. hasn't been added to the list though.
02-10-2014, 05:58 AM   #111
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rbefly Quote
Styling? I'm on record many times with this, but I'll say it again;
No Retro.
Not "Retro Done Right!", no phony nostalgia, no appalling 'faux' 70's hipster look, 'Remember me?' dials and knobs, wannabe.
I don't know... It would be kinda nice to finally have a camera with a design that matches the style of the limited lenses. Those fantastic lenses always look a bit silly, retro sticking on a modern camera. But then again... Most limiteds are DA anyway, so they would be out of place on the fictional FF anyway.

While I know the K-5-design series of cameras is metal (magnesium alloy) it just doesn't feel like real metal, but more like plastic. Now the limited lenses, THAT feels like metal. A camera that feels like those ltds, would be really cool. No rubber grips either, just have the metal knurled there.

Ok, I'll stop fantasizing now.
02-10-2014, 03:25 PM   #112
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Has all these thread postings not been forward to the Pentax R&D department yet, so they can all be incorporated pronto.

02-10-2014, 04:55 PM   #113
Forum Member

My reason for interest in a full-frame dSLR is that I still have a lot of glass from traditional 135 cameras.

Most of my PK stuff works okay-ish with my K-r, so as long as I'm satisfied with manual focus it's all good.
02-11-2014, 02:48 PM   #114
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

I still have a lot of glass from traditional 135 cameras
Many here are the same, manual focus still works for me, well most of the time anyway.

When it doesn't, I know it's pilot error and not technical, so I can't blame the kit.
02-12-2014, 02:49 AM   #115
Forum Member

What I would like to see, not necessarily in a FF but at least APS-C, is a digital equivalent K1000 "student camera": manual settings only (manual focus, shutter speed, ISO and aperture settings). Compatible with any PK lens ever made, powered by either AA or rechargeable pack. And only available in black, or black with silver trim...
02-12-2014, 02:57 AM   #116
Banned

What I would like to see, not necessarily in a FF but at least APS-C, is a digital equivalent K1000 "student camera": manual settings only (manual focus, shutter speed, ISO and aperture settings). Compatible with any PK lens ever made, powered by either AA or rechargeable pack. And only available in black, or black with silver trim...
Students want a camera that can be handled by their smartphone and not some old thing from the past.
02-12-2014, 03:44 AM   #117
Veteran Member

All cameras have the option of going manual. But I do like your reference to the K1000 though. The K1000 was thé camera that made the 35mm ILC available for everybody. Pentax could do that again. Although some might say the A7 already does that.
02-12-2014, 05:24 AM   #118
Forum Member

I've noticed that the K-1000 still commands a higher price than newer, more complex, "more capable" Pentax cameras; I believe, from the number of K-1000 "clones," it may be the most copied camera of the last 40 years.

The last of the film SLRs in production were mostly "student" cameras. Perhaps someone should do some market research (and maybe check "student camera" prices on Amazon, Buy.com, eBay), and see if there is actual demand for a manual-only digital camera.
02-12-2014, 06:59 AM   #119
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I think Leica already cover most of the all manual digital camera market.
02-12-2014, 07:23 AM   #120
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Fogel70 Quote
I think Leica already cover most of the all manual digital camera market.
I know very little students with the budget to buy a Leica though.