Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 14 Likes Search this Thread
02-16-2014, 01:51 PM   #31
Inactive Account

Pentax K.O. (Knockout)

02-16-2014, 03:58 PM   #32
Pentaxian

KZ-1? I hope for the 645 they use II instead of 2014.
02-16-2014, 09:24 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Tesla Quote
KZ-1? I hope for the 645 they use II instead of 2014.
I thought 645 2014 was Fail. Maybe it will be just called the 645 but somewhere else they will say its the 2014 version.
02-16-2014, 10:02 PM   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Tesla Quote
I hope for the 645 they use II instead of 2014
Basing from past Pentax products, it may be called 645DII or 645D Super...

02-16-2014, 10:08 PM   #35
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by richard balonglong Quote
645D Super
This.

I like that.
02-16-2014, 11:36 PM   #36
Forum Member

Original Poster
GO AWAY ..... offtopSsSsss!!!! Make your own "new 645 name speculation" thread!!!! :-))))))))))))))
---------------------------------
K2d - "d" for digital, "K2" - for a legacy of a analog "K2"..... a mountain was added later, but I wish it was my idea. I don't remember myself looking at a picture like this of a K2 mountain starting to cry or running away in fear. Rather had my heart beating much stronger and blood running faster. It is a matter if you are more after new or like the legacy roots.
I actually got mix up trying to find info on KX as Kx (digital) was coming in the way often. But then again the K2"d" makes a difference, I guess.
This is always interesting when people that don't like certain thread keep posting in it. Up to them/ fine with me.
Sure - let's kill all marketing people, and then all egineers - they're responsible for FF and BF!!!!!! Better: let them suffer watching our OOF pictures!!!
--------------------------------
JP - I do like my APS-C cameras, and don't feel sick with them at all. I do make pictures..... taking my camera along even on the way to the near grocery store:
02-17-2014, 12:14 AM   #37
Pentaxian

Okay.. sorry about bringing up 645. I like KZ-1 for FF though :-)

02-17-2014, 12:42 AM   #38
Forum Member

Original Poster
Going nuts - it can be: Pentax JAFFC-B! 473 (Just ANother Full Frame Camera - Boring! 473) - no damn idea what this number means - but there is no legacy in it for sure.
-----------------------
I'd rather go for K2D, DLX (we can call it Susan, too).
02-17-2014, 01:19 AM   #39
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Petrus_One Quote
Going nuts - ...
All kidding aside ... stop driving yourself "nuts" about this ... the name will be secondary in many people's books ... to heck with a "hip" name, they (we) want a top-performing FF DSRL first and foremost ... "A rose by any other name would _______________ "(fill in the blank).
02-17-2014, 09:24 AM   #40
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by j2photos Quote
I dont get it, if people dont want to talk about possible FF options(imaginary or not) then why not stay out of the FF section?
When you figure that ^^ out, let me know, because I always wonder the same thing.

Re thread - my suggestion from before: K1D.

Then, to be different, but the versioning before the model designator, so we get:

I K1D

()
02-23-2014, 05:20 PM   #41
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
When you figure that ^^ out, let me know, because I always wonder the same thing.

Re thread - my suggestion from before: K1D.

Then, to be different, but the versioning before the model designator, so we get:

I K1D

()
Hi folks!

Summasummarum.
What could be cool, what sounds good. A mountain that is the most hard to climb in the world?(not a good psychological association, when i think about the fact that pentax cameras are and should remain easy to use)

No suggestions here, just some thoughts.

All the "flagships" with crop sensor were named uneven: K-7, K-5, K-3, K-01(not really a flagship, but somehow it is one)
I believe that everyone who bets on an even number is on the right side.
So logical would be a K-8 first.

They could play with the 8 that somehow stands for infinity.

Think about the ads:

K-8
Sharp to infinity. (With the K-3s low-passfilter replacement technology)
The full frame that is made for Infinity!
The DSLR that may last forever.

There would be more, but my dog needs sleep now.

Uneven for crop, even for FF(35mm). Doesn't that sound logical somehow?

Whatever, there will soon be someone who knows better.(RICOH-Imaging , hopefully this year!!!!)
02-24-2014, 02:50 AM   #42
Boc

Photos: Albums
I would name it K-9. As so much barking went about it and still no byte .

By the way K-3 is a girls band (from Germany - I think) so much for Pentax-Ricoh's deep thoughts on name associations.

If they would go for the K-2 i think the design should be exreme-rugged like some combination of the K-30 and the WG series, with a pinch of Caterpillar bulldozer and a teaspoon of an AH-64 Apache Longbow chopper (maybe an Abrams tank).
02-24-2014, 02:56 AM   #43
Pentaxian

If the FF is K mount backwards compatible, then IMHO, a "K" will be in the name ... of course "L" would work as well, as noted by monochrome for the "LX" connotations ... If the FF is a new mount (heaven forbid), then anything goes ... we'll see, hopefully sooner than later, J
02-24-2014, 06:15 AM   #44
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Boc Quote
I would name it K-9. As so much barking went about it and still no byte .

By the way K-3 is a girls band (from Germany - I think) so much for Pentax-Ricoh's deep thoughts on name associations.

If they would go for the K-2 i think the design should be exreme-rugged like some combination of the K-30 and the WG series, with a pinch of Caterpillar bulldozer and a teaspoon of an AH-64 Apache Longbow chopper (maybe an Abrams tank).
When it comes to the design, i am completely on your side Boc.I nearly laughed my ass off.
When i read what you have in mind, but when i go through your thoughts in my mind and make it visible, yep that would look quite amazing!
02-24-2014, 06:28 AM   #45

yea hope so FF out soon, but i don't need FF now, APSC is enough for me