Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

View Poll Results: Do you think FF will be announced at Photokina?
Yes 21632.58%
No 44767.42%
Voters: 663. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version 125 Likes Search this Thread
06-16-2014, 02:16 PM   #211
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Wow. I put the FF Forum on my ignore list for a while. Today I added it back and I find not much has changed other than the arguments have become ad hominem attacks.

I'm pretty sure of one thing. Whenever Pentax does release a FF camera it won't satisfy most of these posters. The only question is whether the condemnation will be a 'K-01 Level' collective primal scream or merely 'K-3 crazy mirror sickness Level' coyotes yapping in the distance.
If it is like you describe, then it will be no different than Canon/Nikon-land. No-one is ever fully satisfied there either. It's part of the deal.

06-16-2014, 02:30 PM   #212
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ElJamoquio Quote
Another way to look at it is 'Ricoh has had a lot of time to prepare' for an ambitious project.

---------- Post added 06-16-14 at 02:14 PM ----------

So when is the FF coming? Is it a DSLR?
I donīt know when.
I only know Pentax is working on fullframe,look to the latest patents and the comment to the new telezoom,also fullframe patent and market with fullframe.
Next bigger release should be this telezoom,than we will see more.
And yes,i had wrong informations,or better,half informations.
But i also have no problem to talk about it.
Look back to the K-3 and the converter....
K-3 comes in fullframe was told.....can not remember who was this funny source and i told it is not the fullframe.No way and never.
Later,the first picture of the converter......everybody told it is a fakepicture.....i also told no,it is the real picture.cause?
i saw this converter on a photo and he has the same look,not like the old pentax converter from photokina 2008.
The converter project was another think what Hoya has killed to Hoyatime.
Same kill later with the great Mr.Hirakawa.Now he is working for Tamron,my German Source told me the complete story about this Hoya desaster.
Good morning and best regards :-)

Last edited by asahi man; 06-16-2014 at 03:00 PM.
06-16-2014, 02:38 PM   #213
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
No-one is ever fully satisfied there either. It's part of the deal.
Same with hotrodding...
And with golfing....
And with smart phones...
And with boating...
And with...well, you get the picture.

It's the essence of capitalism. If people were truly satisfied with what they had, the world wide economywould collapse. That's why marketing firms hire teams of psycologists and behaviorlists to ensure that people remain unhappy with what they have.
06-16-2014, 03:09 PM   #214
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
IMHO though there is a special variety of dissatisfaction in Pentaxland. If 5 3/16" letters can cause such anguish . . .

06-16-2014, 03:44 PM   #215
Banned

There is nothing material available now to base any predictions about the FF from Pentax. Rumours and wishful thinking do not qualify.

First, the official communication is dead silent about it. Purported FF lenses coming out are still not coming out. The TC being of an FF image circle, well, it had to be, because inside the current and official lineup there are several lens designs made for the FF, and the TC must support all lenses.

Indeed, we have nothing to base any speculation on, and if we insist that something ought or must come out this year, rather sooner than later the whole threads end up in personal attacks. We are fighting over nothing.

Best is if the whole FF question is treated as non-existent. Think the FF will never come, and if it comes by some chance, then we will have a better chance discussing something real. Perhaps that is why majority in the poll above still voted for "No". Either the FF is irrelevant for them, or the wait has been so long that even if the FF may come out this year, they doubt it taught by the previous experiences.

Last edited by Uluru; 06-16-2014 at 03:52 PM.
06-16-2014, 04:02 PM - 1 Like   #216
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
There is nothing material available now to base any predictions about the FF from Pentax. Rumours and wishful thinking do not qualify.
By any reasonable definition, a FA 70-200 on the roadmap and Pentax's statements that they were working on a FF are a substantial basis upon which to base a prediction.
06-16-2014, 05:11 PM   #217
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by asahi man Quote
From the first day of this stupid rumor,i told that the k-3 never comes in fullframe,only the 24mp are true.
there was not one source,who could be right.
but the rumor goes worldwide and never stopped :-)
Actually, it is you who has been suggesting FF in a K-3 body...

A Camera body like K-3,Sensor 24MP Sony last edition and a HighIso wonder like the K-5?
And K-3 class is not out of production,if 35mm ....
Best regards
I'm confused...

06-16-2014, 05:32 PM   #218
Veteran Member

The Canon 5D MkII is like a Canon 7D.
06-16-2014, 05:40 PM   #219
Banned

Point taken.

I'm sure you can see my interpretation too, though...
06-16-2014, 07:02 PM   #220
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
In a dark and speculative corner of my mind I see a cutting-edge Ricoh-Branded FF mirrorless with a new mount, a different form factor and a K-mount adapter.
Based only on an assumption that countless mirrorless lens patents may mean something, Ricoh will not launch any FF mirrorless mount, not even with a Ricoh's name on it.

It will be crop, as it allows miniaturisation to the greater degree, much better portability and flexibility. If the Sony A7 is the cutting edge of the mirrorless FF design, with a lens on it, it looks pathetic and large.

But because existing K-mount is an FF mount, only the K-mount FF does make sense.

So this is my "educated guess" bet:

– something new mirrorless for a crop sensor. It is unique and unusual. Highly portable, powerful. Maybe weatherproof. Excellent array of very small lenses. Latest gizmos. Latest EVF tech. Or, a reiteration of the Pentax crop DSLR philosophy, but in the mirrorless world. Like the Q system, it will be launched not with one, but rather with 4 or 5 different lenses. Sold as a kit. Body plus one lens will be priced something like the GR. Etc.

– K-mount FF camera.

---------- Post added 06-17-2014 at 12:10 PM ----------

By any reasonable definition, a FA 70-200 on the roadmap and Pentax's statements that they were working on a FF are a substantial basis upon which to base a prediction.
I am pretty sure that when it really comes out, we shall have more insight. For now, it is but a ghost ship.

Last edited by Uluru; 06-16-2014 at 07:09 PM.
06-16-2014, 08:04 PM   #221
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
If the Sony A7 is the cutting edge of the mirrorless FF design, with a lens on it, it looks pathetic and large.
Disagree.

http://j.mp/1iD5F6g

Last edited by ElJamoquio; 06-16-2014 at 10:49 PM.
06-16-2014, 10:27 PM   #222
Forum Member

That SEL 50 1.8 is a crop lens. You must use FE 55 1.8 instead.
06-17-2014, 01:31 AM   #223
Veteran Member

Next bigger release should be this telezoom,than we will see more.
Hi,
Any additional information about this lens? If I remember correctly you were about to handle this lens (or prototype) for some time ago
06-17-2014, 01:50 AM   #224

No, but the K-3s will.. With some tweaks like better tracking AF, mirror flop issue solved, battery will last longer
06-17-2014, 02:19 AM   #225
Pentaxian

Indeed. We might not see it at Photokina, but now (i.e. after Ricoh took over) we have reasons to believe it's coming.