Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

View Poll Results: Do you think FF will be announced at Photokina?
Yes 21632.58%
No 44767.42%
Voters: 663. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version 125 Likes Search this Thread
09-10-2014, 09:30 AM   #661
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I'm flad he didn't see my Fuji History Post

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Whatever ... go away.
You got off easy.....

I follow your posts regularly, and will continue to do so...

09-10-2014, 09:36 AM - 1 Like   #662

QuoteOriginally posted by GlassJunkie Quote
You got off easy.....

Dude, it's cool. I did see it. But I also understand what you were trying to say in that post.

EDIT: Oops. Looks like I made a "forum senior" angry to the point of having no retort through the attempt of trying to explain something. If any mods or anyone takes offense to what I said, do PM me if you want to sort it out. This thread has derailed enough as it is.

Last edited by Nagimaru; 09-10-2014 at 10:01 AM.
09-10-2014, 09:41 AM   #663
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by GlassJunkie Quote
You got off easy.....

Merci.

What I love is a 17 total post member (17 over a several year period, mind you) that takes it upon herself/herself to defend Fuji ... I mean GET REAL!

Why defend them so vehemently ? ... Dang, one has the right to express an opinion.

This is Pentax Forums, not Fuji Forums.

Us "fan boys" can "diss" all we want to any brand, including our own.

I mean really ... whatever.
09-10-2014, 10:42 AM   #664
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Nagimaru Quote
Dude, it's cool. I did see it. But I also understand what you were trying to say in that post.

EDIT: Oops. Looks like I made a "forum senior" angry to the point of having no retort through the attempt of trying to explain something. If any mods or anyone takes offense to what I said, do PM me if you want to sort it out. This thread has derailed enough as it is.
Actually I'm not sure why Jean is getting so angry about this, your points are salient and logical and I don't see much to argue with. The lens exists for a number of valid reasons, and those reasons would be valid for any manufacturer of a small/MILC body who decided to offer a lens like that, nothing to do with Fuji in particular.

We'll probably see more lenses like that from other MILC makers as time goes on too.

Last edited by jsherman999; 09-10-2014 at 10:48 AM.
09-10-2014, 10:59 AM   #665

QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
Actually I'm not sure why Jean is getting so angry about this, your points are salient and logical and I don't see much to argue with. The lens exists for a number of valid reasons, and those reasons would be valid for any manufacturer of a small/MILC body who decided to offer a lens like that, nothing to do with Fuji in particular.

We'll probably see more lenses like that from other MILC makers as time goes on too.
I think he may have taken offense with the terms I used (Do forgive me, I've spent a bit too much time on forums where the language used is...less proper) and possibly subsequently avoided reading the entirety of my posts with said points contained therein.

But thanks for acknowledging that what I said was logical. I'm not a Fuji fanboy (...The only Fuji thing I own is Provia) trying to "defend their honor" or anything, I'm trying to present logic.

Last edited by Nagimaru; 09-10-2014 at 11:05 AM.
09-10-2014, 11:03 AM   #666

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
the K-3 is even more expensive then the 7D.
The K3 is a newer camera than the 7D, and to my mind outspecs it and outperforms it. I shoot with a friend who has a 7D. But the K3 is a much newer camera, and the better comparison will be to the 7Dii, which is about to come out. I don't think the 7Dii has a price yet. I'll bet you a hundred bucks it's higher than the current price of the K3.
09-10-2014, 11:05 AM - 1 Like   #667
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Actually I'm not sure why Jean is getting so angry about this,
I think many members here carry some frustration around at these inflection points (Photokina). In the late 70's - mid-80's I knew a man who doubled down twice on a BasicFour minicomputer system rather than jumping ship for an IBM mid-range and software. BasicFour always had the 'next big thing' just around the corner. Over time his investment kept rising and his company fell farther and farther behind. Years later he finally made the change. Almost lost the company.

At what point does one admit your investment is diminished, the other guys are making better stuff, faster, and your guy is just making unintelligible mistakes?

Last edited by monochrome; 09-10-2014 at 11:11 AM.
09-10-2014, 11:06 AM   #668
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Person of Interest Cameo...

Remember 2 years ago on POI, Mr. Reese pulled out the SONY N-whatever with that Big Silver lens on it? I remember saying to my wife that I wouldn't want to hold that rig by the body edge... We laughed... He got better at holding it, wasn't likely taking a picture....

Fuji needs to lure Mr. Reese next season...
09-10-2014, 11:15 AM   #669

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I think many members here carry some frsutration around at these inflection points (Photokina). In the late 70's I knew a man who doubled down on a BasicFour minicomputer system rather than jumping ship for an IBM mid-range and software. BasicFour always had the 'next big thing' just around the corner. Over time his investment kept rising and his company fell farther and farther behind. Years later he finally made the change. Almost lost the company.

At what point does one admit your investment is diminished, the other guys are making better stuff, faster, and your guy is just making unintelligible mistakes?
I think the term that people use nowadays for that is "salty"
09-10-2014, 11:18 AM   #670
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Maybe I wasn't clear - I'm one of those 'many members,'

(Is Hoya the analog for Bennett LeBow?)
09-10-2014, 11:28 AM   #671
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

At least we all outlasted the *istD thing.... Whew.... Here's a thought.... Maybe HE was the SDM procurement guy after he got a "window seat" for the name...
09-10-2014, 11:34 AM   #672

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Maybe I wasn't clear - I'm one of those 'many members,'

(Is Hoya the analog for Bennett LeBow?)
I've seen a business press release with the word "revenge" as one of the words in the company objective - Embarrassed myself by bursting out laughing in the library reading that one

Well, I guess everyone gets salty at something at some point in their lives - The salt is real!
09-10-2014, 11:39 AM - 1 Like   #673
Banned

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by easyreeder Quote
The K3 is a newer camera than the 7D, and to my mind outspecs it and outperforms it. I shoot with a friend who has a 7D. But the K3 is a much newer camera, and the better comparison will be to the 7Dii, which is about to come out. I don't think the 7Dii has a price yet. I'll bet you a hundred bucks it's higher than the current price of the K3.
For reference, there are more people who know (or think) that the 7D is a great camera then that there are who know that the K-3 excists.
09-10-2014, 11:52 AM   #674

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
For reference, there are more people who know (or think) that the 7D is a great camera then that there are who know that the K-3 excists.
Yes, I agree, sad but true, but that doesn't make the 7D a better choice comparatively. And, hmm, incidentally, newer offerings at APS-C (in addition to the 7Dii) are about to outspec the k3.
09-10-2014, 12:01 PM   #675
Veteran Member

The XPRO and X-T1 aren't small bodies and the larger f1.4/f1.2 and telezoom lenses balance very nicely on those bodies. Bodies like XE2 look a little funny with those large lenses attached, but many people produce fantastic work with that combo and are more than satisfied.
Some people like faster lenses and are willing to put up with the small inconvenience of adding a few grams to their kit.