Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

View Poll Results: Do you think FF will be announced at Photokina?
Yes 21632.58%
No 44767.42%
Voters: 663. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-14-2014, 06:57 AM   #796

QuoteOriginally posted by cosmonaut Quote
Nope not a sales rep. But I have to give it to Pentax they are the most under rated system out there. I have thought this for a long time. I would love to see a FF offering from them. I mean they have everything else including medium format.
Agreed! The thing with FF is often the feel that one can (get a FF camera), not that one will. There are many guys who the Canon an Nikon world who are happy shooting an old D90 and plan to get a D7100 ( or whatever is next) but live with the knowledge that they can get a D610 for about the same price if they wish or feel the need to. Sometimes a professional needs to check out new tools to see if they help to get the job done just right not just an updated model, for me I just like the options of new toys to see if I like playing with them more . The price of the MF is just way out of budget for a part time enthusiast like me.

11-14-2014, 09:01 AM   #797
osv
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by GlassJunkie Quote
I was merely responding with some facts...

I am saddened by SONY's decline.
the mobile division is what's really bringing their overall earnings down; several of their other divisions are profitable, including their imaging products segment.

10/31/14:

"...Its sales rose 7% to 1.9 trillion yen ($17.3 billion) in the quarter.

The company's mobile segment posted an operating loss of Yen172.0 billion, versus a year-ago profit of Yen8.8 billion. Sony's PlayStation business posted an operating profit of Yen21.8 billion, versus a year-ago loss of Yen4.2 billion. The devices segment posted an operating profit of Yen29.6 billion, compared to a profit of Yen11.9 billion.

The home entertainment and sound segment posted an operating profit of Yen8.0 billion, versus a year-ago loss of Yen12.1 billion. The imaging products & solutions segment posted an operating profit of Yen20.1 billion, versus a year-ago loss of Yen2.3 billion.

Sony raised its full-year operating profit outlook for its gaming division to 35 billion yen. However, the company cut its smartphone sales forecast to 41 million handsets, versus 43 million."

Read more: Sony Posts Q3 Loss - Sony Corp Ord (NYSE:SNE) | Benzinga
11-14-2014, 11:14 PM   #798
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
In all fairness... I was told that shutter-shock was a myth, because when the shutter curtains arrive at the bottem and finally create their vibration the exposure was already finalized. I assumed that as true as it seems really plausible. Mirrorslap otoh is real, because that happens precisely before exposure and therefore the vibrations still have influense.

Personally, I only ever experienced mirrorslap when doing extreme macro. Think of wobbly contraptions like a camera on a linear stage with fully extended bellows with microscope lens attached to it. Mirror up shooting fixes that completely. That more or less confirmed to me that shutter-shock is a myth.

Anyway, I don't think any of the two is a real problem in normal shooting.
Its wrong to call shutter shock a myth. It exists on both DSLRs and mirrorless. Apparently the move toward lightweight bodies and/or high resolution sensors increases the tendency. Articles below are from m4/3 to A7R to DSLRs (article below was on K7 but its also been reported on D800 and others:

Camera Ergonomics: Micro 4/3 Shutter Shock Revisited [OMD-EM-5]

Shutter slap testing with ISO 12233, part 8 | The Last Word
(A7R)
I think I have to eat my words. There is certainly degradation from 1/250 through 1/15 that could be noticeable in real photographs. Whether or not it is important to those images is up to the photographer.

DSLR
LumoLabs -- Shutter-induced blur for Pentax K-7