Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

View Poll Results: Do you think FF will be announced at Photokina?
Yes 21632.58%
No 44767.42%
Voters: 663. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version 125 Likes Search this Thread
06-15-2014, 06:41 PM   #196
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
When you have a company with dysfunctional marketing, Asahiman's and similar assertions which prove not to be true only make Pentax brand ridiculous and a brand of disappointments. Like Ed stated in his video. Pentax carries that stigma of a failed to invigorate brand for a long, long time -- it had it in the age of film -- and fresh FF rumors like these only add to the disappointment about the brand.
QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
I have nothing against the man, but the results make the poor brand even more ridiculous.
This is one of the most ridiculous things I've read in a long time. Whatever Asahiman says has no effect whatsoever on whether Pentax is good, bad, or anything else about their reputation!

06-15-2014, 07:19 PM   #197
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ElJamoquio Quote
Yup. It's great to have him around.
+1

Asahiman is very welcome here, AFAIC.

@Uluru, not sure why you spend so much time with writing negative posts. Why not leave us hopefuls to ourselves and spend more time on something you feel positive about?
06-15-2014, 10:17 PM   #198

QuoteOriginally posted by DSims Quote
This is one of the most ridiculous things I've read in a long time. Whatever Asahiman says has no effect whatsoever on whether Pentax is good, bad, or anything else about their reputation!
This guy called Uluru is very interesting. When I denied Pentax's FF in another thread, he refuted my comments, which looks like he's very positive about FF. But now what? Is he just against asahiman or totally against the idea of Pentax's FF? Hmm, I have no idea.
06-16-2014, 09:17 AM - 1 Like   #199
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Asahi is a good man, by far the most reliable and genial tipster in my view. And if some of the tidbits he's passed on haven't happened, all that means most likely is that later on plans have been changed or delayed (hardly a novel occurence under first Hoya and now Ricoh). Truth is, anyone still waiting for Pentax and FF deserves either a medal for heroism or a psychiatrist. Not sure which, maybe both. I mean, for how many years has FF been available by now? It hasn't really been news for a long while. It's just part of the landscape these days.

06-16-2014, 09:39 AM - 1 Like   #200
Pentaxian

Maybe not all of his sources are 100% reliable, but I'm sure he isn't making up things. And of course, delays and changes do occur.
Bashing him is ridiculous.

By the way, which is it for me - heroism or psychiatrist? I'm still expecting a Pentax "full frame", not without reason, and not at this Photokina.
06-16-2014, 01:05 PM   #201
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Wow. I put the FF Forum on my ignore list for a while. Today I added it back and I find not much has changed other than the arguments have become ad hominem attacks.

I'm pretty sure of one thing. Whenever Pentax does release a FF camera it won't satisfy most of these posters. The only question is whether the condemnation will be a 'K-01 Level' collective primal scream or merely 'K-3 crazy mirror sickness Level' coyotes yapping in the distance.
06-16-2014, 01:15 PM   #202
Veteran Member

K-3 crazy mirror.

I don't think they'll put out another "K-01" (controversial design) in the foreseeable future. The memory of burned fingers is too strong.

06-16-2014, 01:35 PM - 1 Like   #203
Banned

K-3 crazy mirror.

I don't think they'll put out another "K-01" (controversial design) in the foreseeable future. The memory of burned fingers is too strong.
I think a full frame K-01 with articulating EVF would be a much better design .
06-16-2014, 01:44 PM   #204
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
I think a full frame K-01 with articulating EVF would be a much better design .
A more-standard form-factor with an EVF would be great. I like your thought on articulating, that would help a great deal in some situations.

The "problem" is the K-mount depth with mirrorless.I think there's ways to get around that non-problem though.
06-16-2014, 01:46 PM   #205
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

A more-standard form-factor with an EVF would be great. I like your thought on articulating, that would help a great deal in some situations.
645z style. (Can we get a Japanese version of Psy to do the intro video?)

Big OVF with articulating LV LCD, thank you very much

Last edited by monochrome; 06-16-2014 at 02:14 PM.
06-16-2014, 01:50 PM   #206
Veteran Member

The main problem the K-01 is now facing is stiff competition. Samsung has some nice super compact interchangeable lens cameras, Sony even more.. Panasonic, too. As does Olympus and.. well, just about every brand. The K-01 would need quite a few new features and improvements to be competitive against the current generation of mirrorless cameras. The mirrorless segment is improving at a very fast pace and will soon (if not already) compete with mid to high tier DSLRs. The K-01's image quality is great, but aperture control, overheating (in summer time), lack of EVF/tilt screen, AF types and speed, focus peaking could be further improved.. The main advantages the K-01 has is ergonomics and K-mount tradition. A FF, WR K-01 would be a step in the right direction.
So why do I think Pentax will surprise us soon? Because all the other companies are doing interesting things, so Pentax (and big daddy Ricoh) cannot afford to stay behind
06-16-2014, 02:07 PM - 1 Like   #207
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
So why do I think Pentax will surprise us soon? Because all the other companies are doing interesting things, so Pentax (and big daddy Ricoh) cannot afford to stay behind
In a dark and speculative corner of my mind I see a cutting-edge Ricoh-Branded FF mirrorless with a new mount, a different form factor and a K-mount adapter.

But I believe there is a traditional Pentax FF dSLR in the offing. Ricoh really intends to grow the camera business into a complete 3rd camera system - lenses, accessories, support for small outdoor applications, not the Sony/Oly/Fuji body of the month (though Fuji is legitimate competition).
06-16-2014, 02:12 PM   #208
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
In a dark and speculative corner of my mind I see a cutting-edge Ricoh-Branded FF mirrorless with a new mount, a different form factor and a K-mount adapter.

But I believe there is a traditional Pentax FF dSLR in the offing. Ricoh really intends to grow the camera business into a complete 3rd camera system - lenses, accessories, support for small outdoor applications, not the Sony/Oly/Fuji body of the month (though Fuji is legitimate competition).
You think there would be BOTH a new mount FF mirrorless and a K-mount FF?
That seems very ambitious based on what Ricoh has done to this point.
06-16-2014, 02:13 PM   #209
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Poit Quote
I could certainly imagine a kit like that (although it's purely in the realm of imagination for my financial circumstances). Precedent or not, that would be absolutely AWESOME.

I do know there are wedding photographers out there who could afford it....

---------- Post added 06-15-14 at 12:06 PM ----------

I'm not sure if others mentioned it as well, but Asahi Man has been alluding to that (as well as 24MP) since October last year.

If you read all of his posts at once (click on the 'user posts' number), it actually makes for very interesting reading.

From the first day of this stupid rumor,i told that the k-3 never comes in fullframe,only the 24mp are true.
there was not one source,who could be right.
but the rumor goes worldwide and never stopped :-)
06-16-2014, 02:13 PM   #210
Veteran Member

Another way to look at it is 'Ricoh has had a lot of time to prepare' for an ambitious project.

---------- Post added 06-16-14 at 02:14 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by asahi man Quote
From the first day of this stupid rumor,i told that the k-3 never comes in fullframe,only the 24mp are true.
there was not one source,who could be right.
but the rumor goes worldwide and never stopped :-)
So when is the FF coming? Is it a DSLR?