Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

View Poll Results: What sensor do you like best? (Sony)
24mp 10753.23%
36mp 9446.77%
Voters: 201. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-12-2014, 12:27 AM   #226
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bossa Quote
The rumours I've read assume that this new Nikon is a 12MP camera that uses the latest Sony A7s 12MP sensor. Many people hope that it's a D700 replacement with the D810 AF.
Straight from nikonrumors: Another full frame Nikon DSLR camera coming for Photokina | Nikon Rumors

Like I said, the suggested specs look a lot like the 'most likely' Pentax FF we've been discussing here for the past few months (ie K-3 specs with FF sensor).

Is Nikon deliberately trying to cut Pentax off at every pass????

08-12-2014, 02:03 AM - 1 Like   #227

QuoteOriginally posted by Poit Quote
Straight from nikonrumors: Another full frame Nikon DSLR camera coming for Photokina | Nikon Rumors

Like I said, the suggested specs look a lot like the 'most likely' Pentax FF we've been discussing here for the past few months (ie K-3 specs with FF sensor).

Perhaps there were some Pentax shooters amongst the Nikon tech team that got so tired waiting for Pentax to release a FF body to use all their FF K-mount lenses on, that they decided to make one themselves. Just to break the aging spell of waiting...

Last edited by Chris Mak; 08-12-2014 at 09:12 AM.
08-12-2014, 07:13 AM   #228

Straight from nikonrumors: [URL="http://nikonrumors.com/2014/08/08/another-full-frame-nikon-dslr-camera-coming-for-phiotokina.aspx/"]

I think the situation has been reversed. Nikon D400 ---> is actually Pentax K-3. Imagine if the successor of Nikon D700 ----> is the next Pentax FF. Hmm, I do wish Pentax FF will be launched this year. Otherwise, Nikon and Canon will get their momentum back again. See this: Nikon next action camera: rumors
08-12-2014, 08:50 AM - 1 Like   #229
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
The Lazy Cowboy

When you're continually 'working on it' and never delivering anything, you get cut off at every pass.

Step one is to get on your horse and ride.

08-13-2014, 12:40 AM   #230
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
When you're continually 'working on it' and never delivering anything, you get cut off at every pass.

LOL...you have a very valid point.

Funny pic
08-13-2014, 06:05 AM   #231
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote

Yeehaw ta that!
08-13-2014, 06:38 AM   #232
Pentaxian

SNIP ... Is Nikon deliberately trying to cut Pentax off at every pass????
Pentax is a small enough player that Nikon probably doesn't build their strategy around what Pentax might do. If Nikon (or Canon) feared Pentax they could have bought the name from Hoya, mined the technology and patents, then killed the brand.
08-13-2014, 07:47 AM - 1 Like   #233
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by DeadJohn Quote
Pentax is a small enough player that Nikon probably doesn't build their strategy around what Pentax might do. If Nikon (or Canon) feared Pentax they could have bought the name from Hoya, mined the technology and patents, then killed the brand.

That was probably more expensive then ignoring the brand.

08-16-2014, 03:53 PM   #234
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by DeadJohn Quote
I wouldn't be so sure. Following the K-3 and the 645Z I think both are watching Pentax with more than idle curiosity.

Nikon, far more than Canon, seems to be defending their FX line with multiple new products in recent times. That's probably not entirely down to Pentax (I'm sure Sony and others are causing concern too), but I definitely think they're worried nonetheless.
08-16-2014, 04:56 PM   #235
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I definitely think they're worried nonetheless.
I'm of the view that the senior product managers of the Japanese camera makers are really part of a monthly 'lunch group' that probably meet once a month to talk about market trends and decide how they will operate together. It seems a collegial, rather than nakedly competitive, business culture over there.