Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-26-2014, 05:40 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by delegopa Quote
Pentaxforums will never be the same again when all of them are gone

Sure... it will be the same! This listing boat will get sold again in the near future, and then the dreamers can once again hope to see their elusive full frame ...

02-26-2014, 05:51 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
"is poor" might still be applicable. Up untill now we've only seen products that were already in Hoya's pipeline. I wonder what's going to happen when that Hoya-well dries out.
Well Hoya only had products that were in Pentax's pipeline and there were apparently lots of good projects that Hoya stopped, so there could be plenty yet to come.

---------- Post added 02-26-14 at 07:53 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by pinholecam Quote
I keep seeing this "FF year XXXX "; "Must be this YEAR!"; "Petition for FF" type threads since forever...

Maybe Pentax does not like demands the hard way.
So lets do it the soft way instead and send the head of Ricoh/Pentax some sad stories.

Any sob stories to tell, like "My friend waited and waited for the day and passed away last week.. holding his chest of K lenses " ?
How many PentaxForums threads will die when FF does come?
02-26-2014, 06:11 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Well Hoya only had products that were in Pentax's pipeline and there were apparently lots of good projects that Hoya stopped, so there could be plenty yet to come.
You must be the most postive person on Pentaxforums. I have to admit being jealous, I could use some of that. Hope you are right.
02-26-2014, 06:51 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JohnBee Quote
Died and went to heaven!
I bought a mirrorless FF and haven't looked back since
Ha..ha.. thats a good one.

More like died and became an undead for me.

02-26-2014, 07:08 AM   #20
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pinholecam Quote

Any sob stories to tell, like[I] "My friend waited and waited for the day and passed away last week.. holding his chest of K lenses " ?
It will get no better as people will "die and go to heaven" if FF was released. Doom.
02-26-2014, 07:12 AM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
You must be the most postive person on Pentaxforums. I have to admit being jealous, I could use some of that. Hope you are right.
Doesn't seem to move the needle here.

Actually, what I wrote is correct according to asahi man, who has been abnormally prescient lately.
02-26-2014, 07:19 AM   #22
Veteran Member

I'm about to die in the next year or so .
I'm going to follow the path of the FF to hell with a mirror-less body as well if nothing happens.

02-26-2014, 09:56 AM   #23
Pentaxian

I died and went to heaven too, got the 645D, and am keeping the K5 for tele, but really can't imagine why i would want any Pentax FF. The urges have subsided.
:0
02-26-2014, 10:45 AM - 3 Likes   #24
Veteran Member

If Samuel Beckett were still alive and a Pentaxian, at least you could read the play...
03-17-2014, 10:29 AM   #25

I can't wait for a full frame Pentax.
03-17-2014, 10:33 AM   #26
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I dont know how many people died, but sure know that there were lots of new people born with that hope

Last edited by manishved; 03-17-2014 at 11:12 AM.
03-17-2014, 10:35 AM   #27
Veteran Member

April 1st is around the corner... might be a new big release... you never know...
03-17-2014, 11:14 AM   #28
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Billy Joe Quote
Definitely a couple of the old timers on DPR have passed without seeing the Pentax Full Frame...

I do know one Pentaxian, who ended up buying the D645 and about 5 lenses... IT ended up breaking up his family as his wife had enough. He has done well with his photography when he is not on a drinkin' binge
That's so sad. I know this is a great hobby but . . .

Anyway, I've just found out you can use M42 screw mount lenses, to infinity, on Canon EOS, i.e., 5DMkIII.

Another thing. Just been to dentist, had terrible toothache in rear molar for past week. He can't fill it, pull it out and it's beyond root canal. What does this mean?

---------- Post added 18-03-14 at 01:15 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by PentaxHero Quote
I can't wait for a full frame Pentax.
You're gonna have to mate. I honestly can't see one coming.
03-17-2014, 11:21 AM   #29
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I just try to be happy with what I am shooting, which for the last 9 or 10 years has been an APS-C camera. Definitely gives me a lot more pleasure than thinking about all the photos I could have taken, if Pentax had just had the gear. And truthfully, to this point I have saved quite a bit of money by not having full frame. If Pentax comes out with full frame for 2500, then I will have a struggle seeing if I really need it/can afford it (and the full frame glass it would require).
03-17-2014, 11:30 AM   #30
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I just try to be happy with what I am shooting, which for the last 9 or 10 years has been an APS-C camera. Definitely gives me a lot more pleasure than thinking about all the photos I could have taken, if Pentax had just had the gear. And truthfully, to this point I have saved quite a bit of money by not having full frame. If Pentax comes out with full frame for 2500, then I will have a struggle seeing if I really need it/can afford it (and the full frame glass it would require).
Never mind all that. What's "beyond root canal"?

This is getting painful and now I have to wait two weeks for an appointment to "discuss the options". WTF?!!!

We British have never been known for our good teeth.