Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-27-2014, 12:56 PM   #76
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
No, it's not but in reality, most of us have added wider lenses for our digital cameras.

03-28-2014, 05:44 AM   #77
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by reeftool Quote
No, it's not but in reality, most of us have added wider lenses for our digital cameras.
So the 1.5x crop does not work well with Pentax SLR wide-angle lenses, you would think Ricoh would come out with a FF by now since Pentax showed a FF DSLR at Photokina in 2000 !

QuoteQuote:
Oh boy, are you going to like this... We managed to get an EXCLUSIVE (you won't find pictures like this anywhere else) hands-on with the new Pentax Digital SLR. What struck me about this camera was how far advanced it was.
Photokina Report Part 4: Digital Photography Review

03-28-2014, 06:26 AM   #78
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
So the 1.5x crop does not work well with Pentax SLR wide-angle lenses, you would think Ricoh would come out with a FF by now since Pentax showed a FF DSLR at Photokina in 2000 !

Photokina Report Part 4: Digital Photography Review
The 1.5x crop works fine with all lenses. Better, in fact than the 1x crop will work with lenses like the DA 15 limited, or the DA *16-50.

There is no point in releasing a half-baked full frame camera. If Pentax had released that full frame camera with that sensor, they would be hanging out with Contax right now. Ricoh needs to have a full frame camera that will be able to not only be an upgrade option for Pentaxians, but also something that can convert some folks from other brands to Pentax.
03-28-2014, 08:21 AM   #79
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think the old film lenses work on crop sensors, just not the same as they did on film cameras. I use my 28mm Tak quite a bit but it's not the wide angle it once was. I still use my old 50 and 55mm lenses also although not as much that size doesn't fit my shooting much any more. All my old glass has some CA and flare issues and like a lot of older photographers, I really need AF lenses a lot of the time. Pentax will never build a FF body with the intention of it being a platform for old timers to use their legacy glass. Why they haven't built one is the endless debate. Crop sensor cameras are still the bread and butter of the industry.

It's not a big issue with me right now. For my photography, the crop sensor is a better fit as I use telephotos a lot. I have purchased a couple of wide lenses, the DA 15 and DA 10-17 which perform quite well and are very reasonable priced (or were when I bought them). If FF was important to me or I really needed one, I would just go buy one from one of the other guys. I can't understand all the hand wringing. I am not going to fool myself that I'm going to be satisfied with just a FF body and a bunch of 40 year old film lenses. I'm happy that I can still use them from time to time but a FF body will bring with it the expense of new glass. If I owned some FA Limiteds and some of the better F and FA zooms, perhaps I would feel differently.

03-28-2014, 09:30 AM   #80
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
So the film acts as a relay to the sd card much like the flu card acts as relay to a wifi device... a film tether!

I'm assuming first, though, one would be required to send in the film along with the sd card for the sd card photos to be 'exposed.'
LoL! I'm afraid so...

QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
Is a 35mm wide angle from a Pentax SLR still wide angle on the K-3 ?
Yes.... You just have to step back... Maybe 100mm or more, depending on how wide you wanna go..