Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-04-2016, 07:47 PM   #856

QuoteOriginally posted by Newtophotos Quote
Does pixel shift work without a tripod? If using it hand held does it work only at a specific shutter speed and faster?
According to the Ricoh website Pixel Shift can be used hand-held with K-1 with high shutter speeds - the motion detection software allows this. One of the hands-on reports mentions doing hand-held pixel shift photos - I don't recall if examples were posted.

03-05-2016, 11:58 AM   #857
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
According to the Ricoh website Pixel Shift can be used hand-held with K-1 with high shutter speeds - the motion detection software allows this. One of the hands-on reports mentions doing hand-held pixel shift photos - I don't recall if examples were posted.
Where do they say that? I have a hard time finding it.
03-05-2016, 12:07 PM   #858
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
They said that the camera analyses the four frame, detects where there is motion then uses only the first image for any part of the frame where motion is detected. It's essentially the same as what Kengoh does when he shoots the background at lower ISO and puts the high ISO bird on the frame in the same place it was in the original, only the camera does all the work, and it only takes two seconds.
03-05-2016, 02:43 PM - 2 Likes   #859
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Where are these alleged supporters. I'll take them all on, hopping on one foot, one hand tied behind my back, bring em on.
Of course, I'm talking about the people here who are finding "deal breaker" after "deal breaker" in the K-1:
"Lenses built 1975~83 are still crippled; deal breaker".
"Can't interchange focus screens; deal breaker"
ad nausem

added comment: all these complaints are why I've adopted the hated Green Button as my new avatar.

Last edited by reh321; 03-05-2016 at 03:09 PM. Reason: added comment
03-21-2016, 10:13 AM   #860

Focus screens, and prisms.
Perhaps it would be difficult with the digital connections but I think to have old ground glass focus
screens and bigger viewfinders would be a real difference in the user experience.
Not much use with auto focus of course, but some of us like to focus manually.
03-21-2016, 11:31 AM   #861
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Of course, I'm talking about the people here who are finding "deal breaker" after "deal breaker" in the K-1:
"Lenses built 1975~83 are still crippled; deal breaker".
"Can't interchange focus screens; deal breaker"
ad nausem

added comment: all these complaints are why I've adopted the hated Green Button as my new avatar.
I'm keen on a K-1 (much later in the year, likely next year) to use my 1975 Pentax-K 50/1.2 and Pentax-M 50/1.7 on, as well as the 31, 43 and 77.

I'm pushing this link around at the moment because 1. it's interesting, 2. it confirms my suspicions about the latest fancy lenses and 3. confirms you don't need the latest and the greatest to make great photos (I always wondered why my old Tair 11A was so smokin' hot!) . . .

The Problem with Modern Optics ? YANNICK KHONG
03-21-2016, 12:29 PM   #862

QuoteOriginally posted by HopelessTogger Quote
I'm keen on a K-1 (much later in the year, likely next year) to use my 1975 Pentax-K 50/1.2 and Pentax-M 50/1.7 on, as well as the 31, 43 and 77.

I'm pushing this link around at the moment because 1. it's interesting, 2. it confirms my suspicions about the latest fancy lenses and 3. confirms you don't need the latest and the greatest to make great photos (I always wondered why my old Tair 11A was so smokin' hot!) . . .

The Problem with Modern Optics ? YANNICK KHONG
Interesting re- the flatness of nose issue and lens design, even though the noses photographed
are not similar lengths to start with. :-)

Just looked for a Zeiss Distagon 35mm K mount, what a beut....it will have to wait.

03-21-2016, 03:38 PM   #863
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by BenCPentax Quote
Interesting re- the flatness of nose issue and lens design, even though the noses photographed
are not similar lengths to start with. :-)

Just looked for a Zeiss Distagon 35mm K mount, what a beut....it will have to wait.
Me too. Can't see if Zeiss ever made a 35/1.4 for K mount but there are 35/2's available on ebay.

I'll stick with the FA31 though, can't keep duplicating primes at this cost. Some of my glass has only ever been used once and I never get round to selling. These things have accumulated over the years and they're becoming a burden now to store, keep in optimum conditions to prevent fungus etc.

The FA 31, 43 and 77 are enough for me. And the 50/1.2. And the 100 Macro and Samyang 14/2.8 and and and . . . I hate to think how much money has been blown when I add in the Sony kit too.

Went a bit photo potty for a while.
03-21-2016, 03:46 PM   #864
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by BenCPentax Quote
Focus screens, and prisms.
Perhaps it would be difficult with the digital connections but I think to have old ground glass focus
screens and bigger viewfinders would be a real difference in the user experience.
Not much use with auto focus of course, but some of us like to focus manually.
My experience with my K-30 has convinced me that the "focus confirmed" signal is more useful to me than ground glass ever could be.