Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 147 Likes Search this Thread
10-20-2015, 10:42 AM   #841
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Fogel70 Quote
The problem is that the K-mount is not designed for this, as the distance data in AF K-mount lenses is only 4-bit data (max 16 positions), so the indications on DOF would not be very accurate.
No reason why a new, backwards compatible K-mount can't be used. Don't even need to change the number of pins.

10-21-2015, 03:25 AM   #842
Veteran Member

50+ pages of this thread, so clearly people are interested in seeing something different from the Pentax FF.

But delivering something novel nowadays will be a real challenge for Pentax, since there has been an avalanche of very capable, high tech FF over the last few years. Even stodgy old Leica now has a mirrorless FF with a big viewfinder, high fps, weather-sealing and fancy AF.

Pentax will have to roll-out something really impressive to appear 'different', be competitive, and get any attention nowadays.
11-11-2015, 07:48 PM   #843
Veteran Member

I feel like if pentax could get in there and solve problems that have faced photographers have long since faced like noise due to underexposure than this would really help. It's solving common problems like this that the average photographer can understand that get the industry talking i feel like. What about in camera compensation of rolling shutter? These days you need to be both a video and stills camera to compete and i feel like pentax will have to step up its video game considerably if it wants to get places..
11-12-2015, 03:06 AM   #844
Pentaxian

They could use TWO image sensors. The normal 42Mp still image sensor and a dedicated video sensor in the same body, that would be something new.

The arrangement would be the usual pentaprism on top, still image sensor at rear and a full frame video sensor at the bottom. They have to throw away the usual phase focus sensors at the bottom though and rework the mirror mechanism so that it can fold both up and down depending on which sensor you want to use.

11-12-2015, 03:38 AM   #845
Pentaxian

Because the 42MP sensor is not capable of shooting video?

You people are Rube Goldberg's disciples.
11-12-2015, 04:40 AM   #846
Pentaxian

I'm not sure, but I think it doesn't do binning so it throws most of the collected light away, resulting in poor video quality.
12-19-2015, 11:32 PM   #847

How about a retro split prism viewfinder. It helps me a lot with an SLR that I use!

12-19-2015, 11:55 PM   #848
Pentaxian

Sorry if already mentionned earlier in this thread, but putting the GR "snap" function or equivalent into DSLRs, would be quite original and breaking news.
02-20-2016, 12:18 AM   #849
Banned

Original Poster
Well, despite all the opinions over a year or two....it's not that 'different'. Decent on price, but not really 'different' in very many respects.

I think they took far too long getting a final model out. It would have been 'really different' two years ago.....

Ah well, so ends this discussion. Signing out: Poit
02-22-2016, 07:55 AM   #850
Veteran Member

Does pixel shift work without a tripod? If using it hand held does it work only at a specific shutter speed and faster?
02-22-2016, 08:22 AM   #851
Veteran Member

Needs a tripod to get the benefits.

Or something solid and fixed, under it.
02-22-2016, 08:59 AM   #852
osv
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Poit Quote
Well, despite all the opinions over a year or two....it's not that 'different'. Decent on price, but not really 'different' in very many respects.
pixel shift and five-way ibis is pretty unique in the ff world, and they brought it in at a fairly reasonable price.

it'll be a solid choice for the ovf crowd.
03-04-2016, 11:55 AM   #853
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
could be faster.
03-04-2016, 06:40 PM - 1 Like   #854
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by calsan Quote
A dslr for left handers? Would corner 10% of the market in one day.
Wrong.
I am left-handed.
Over the years I have learned to use a mouse with my right hand.
Over the years I have learned to take pictures with my right trigger finger pressing the shutter button.
Having learned to function in the world as it is arranged, I'm guessing that I'm not the only one uninterested in changing.

---------- Post added 03-04-16 at 08:43 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Poit Quote

I think they took far too long getting a final model out. It would have been 'really different' two years ago.....

Ah well, so ends this discussion. Signing out: Poit
If you belief that ...

What I actually see on a generic photo discussion forum is more interest in Pentax than I have ever seen there.

They are much more positive about the K-1 than the alleged Pentax supporters here are!!
03-04-2016, 06:53 PM   #855
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Wrong.
I am left-handed.
Over the years I have learned to use a mouse with my right hand.
Over the years I have learned to take pictures with my right trigger finger pressing the shutter button.
Having learned to function in the world as it is arranged, I'm guessing that I'm not the only one uninterested in changing.

---------- Post added 03-04-16 at 08:43 PM ----------

If you belief that ...

What I actually see on a generic photo discussion forum is more interest in Pentax than I have ever seen there.

They are much more positive about the K-1 than the alleged Pentax supporters here are!!
Where are these alleged supporters. I'll take them all on, hopping on one foot, one hand tied behind my back, bring em on.