Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-17-2014, 02:17 PM - 2 Likes   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Couscousdelight Quote
Chasseur D'images
I have no idea why, but for some reason every time I see that title in print I think of a man with an extremely southern-US accent pronouncing it, "Chass sir Dee Images!"

04-17-2014, 02:19 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That is no man. That is Cletus the Slackjawed Yokel.
04-17-2014, 02:20 PM - 1 Like   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jcdoss Quote
That is no man. That is Cletus the Slackjawed Yokel.
...Some folk'll never lose a toe, but then again, some folk'll!
It's Cletus, the slack-jawed yokel!
04-17-2014, 03:06 PM   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Here we go again:

- rumour lacking any detail;
- 100 pages in PentaxForums of speculation, photoshopped body fakes, various side-tracked discussions;
- nothing happens in Photokina.
- cries of "RICOH IS DOOMED!"

Repeat when next Photokina is due.
You missed something Maybe the FF will happen, maybe it won't. I'll consider buying a FF if it ever gets released but my K-5 is still a pretty good camera. If I'm not sending money to Ricoh it can go towards my astronomy hobby instead.

04-18-2014, 06:43 AM   #20
Pentaxian

I actually think Ricoh has been good at telling us what they are doing.

Late last year they said "Full Frame is coming, but it is not soon. The new 645 is coming first" (not exact quote, but I think we all remember that).

645Z has come, so it makes sense that later this year the FF comes out. If they delay it to next year it will be due to some technical issue, but Ricoh said it is coming, and I believe them. They will release it, and they'll do it when it is ready.

And that is why I am planning on getting it at some point in the future, and that is why all my lenses (other than 18-55) are FF. Ricoh can be trusted, guys. They said it's gonna come, and I trust that it will.
04-18-2014, 07:06 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Love these rumors.

but then PENTAX have 645z, try find a camera company to offer APSC DSLR and MF DSLR in the market? nope.
if they start selling FF DSLR? wow, no other companies able to support 3 systems!

It is really magical that PENTAX survived. I think they secretly found a way to turn stone into gold, selling cameras is just a side business.
04-18-2014, 07:10 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Didn't this French magazine predict the Pentax FF a few years back as well? This isn't the first time they mention this.

EDIT: Sorry, I was confused with the "Salon de la Photo" - rumor.

04-18-2014, 07:30 AM   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by LFLee Quote
Love these rumors.

but then PENTAX have 645z, try find a camera company to offer APSC DSLR and MF DSLR in the market? nope.
if they start selling FF DSLR? wow, no other companies able to support 3 systems!

It is really magical that PENTAX survived. I think they secretly found a way to turn stone into gold, selling cameras is just a side business.
Doesn't Leica?
04-18-2014, 07:39 AM   #24
Pentaxian

Is it 2004 all over again?
04-18-2014, 08:49 AM   #25
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by LFLee Quote
Love these rumors.

Pentax already has 3. You forgot the Q system. It will have 4.
Not unheard of... Pentax used to have systems for 67, 645, regular 35mm film and 110 mini-format... and I might be forgetting something...
04-18-2014, 08:59 AM   #26
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
Pentax already has 3. You forgot the Q system. It will have 4.
Not unheard of... Pentax used to have systems for 67, 645, regular 35mm film and 110 mini-format... and I might be forgetting something...
I think medium format doesn't take as much energy to keep current on. Not a huge number of new lenses, incorporates technology from existing camera lines, and not enough yearly sales to steal much from other activities. How hard can it be to make 3 or 4000 645z cameras a year?
04-18-2014, 10:02 AM   #27
Pentaxian

Will this make Pentax the first camera maker to use the same processing engine and AF system in three different formats? Just wondering.
That should really cut down on development costs.
04-18-2014, 10:08 AM   #28
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I think medium format doesn't take as much energy to keep current on. Not a huge number of new lenses, incorporates technology from existing camera lines, and not enough yearly sales to steal much from other activities. How hard can it be to make 3 or 4000 645z cameras a year?
Actually I think the low volume stuff is harder to keep in production. If they were a by-the-numbers company, they wouldn't do it. Someone at Ricoh still likes photography quite a bit. I've read that even before Pentax was bought, Ricoh kept its photo business even though they never really made any money with it.
04-18-2014, 10:40 AM   #29
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Couscousdelight Quote
Hi,

The last Chasseur D'images magazine tells than the Pentax FF will be announced at the Photokina 2014. It's not the kind of magazine who spread rumors if they are not founded on solid arguments.

Be prepare, it arrives !

Regards,
Arno
Arno, you mean Chasseur D'images is honouring our Adam for his April 1 contribution, in their April issue?
04-18-2014, 10:44 AM   #30
Pentaxian

Speaking of April 1st.

I think every year on April 1st there's been announcements of a Pentax Full Frame camera. This year there wasn't one. Coincidence? I think not