Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-26-2014, 02:45 AM - 1 Like   #421
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Big Dave Quote
It seems like you are the only one being annoyed.
Perhaps most people don't complain because they feel that they should participate in discussions where they have something positive to contribute?

I think many people abstain from complaining because they don't want to inject negativity and also want to avoid making themselves the target of criticism.

You always have the option of leaving.
With due respect, I think that isn't fair.

Is it not appropriate that someone asks for a discussion to stay on topic?

FWIW, Jogiba has been temporarily banned a number of times in the past. I'm not quite sure why, but it was always after he had flooded the forum with more "My Sony does this, I use my Pentax lenses on this Sony, etc." messages. I do not think that Jogiba deserves banning or even a warning, but if he is not interested in Pentax cameras anymore, why does he not leave us to our own devices instead of playing the Sony harp all the time? With him, it clearly is not a case of the A7 series just happening to be topical.

Personally, I don't mind Jobiba's posts. I enjoyed viewing his exotic gear photos in the past. I think the playing the Sony harp game is getting a bit old, but I again, I personally don't mind it. However, when it comes to whether who might be better of leaving Pentaxforums, I don't think it is JimmyDranox.

07-26-2014, 03:09 AM   #422

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
Perhaps most people don't complain because they feel that they should participate in discussions where they have something positive to contribute?

I think many people abstain from complaining because they don't want to inject negativity and also want to avoid making themselves the target of criticism.

With due respect, I think that isn't fair.

Is it not appropriate that someone asks for a discussion to stay on topic?

FWIW, Jogiba has been temporarily banned a number of times in the past. I'm not quite sure why, but it was always after he had flooded the forum with more "My Sony does this, I use my Pentax lenses on this Sony, etc." messages. I do not think that Jogiba deserves banning or even a warning, but if he is not interested in Pentax cameras anymore, why does he not leave us to our own devices instead of playing the Sony harp all the time? With him, it clearly is not a case of the A7 series just happening to be topical.

Personally, I don't mind Jobiba's posts. I enjoyed viewing his exotic gear photos in the past. I think the playing the Sony harp game is getting a bit old, but I again, I personally don't mind it. However, when it comes to whether who might be better of leaving Pentaxforums, I don't think it is JimmyDranox.
Agreed. All in all, this discussion wasn't so bad and I can live with EL J selling a Pentax lens a month and Jogiba disinterest and Kunzite's negative attitude towards anything and my pet project of a caveman cam etc etc.
The only comment that did irk me and had no place here was Jogiba saying

It looks like people from Romania have a problem with thread titles like this one ... "PENTAX will never have Full Frame... ".

when Stateside everyone knows that a guy from Jersey ought to thank the Lord on his knees every day for even being allowed in civilized company
07-26-2014, 03:15 AM   #423
Pentaxian

"people from Romania" - I don't think you really want to go there...

Besides, there are others who have a problem with thread titles like this one:
"First, we are discussing development of FF SLR. We are touching base with a sensor manufacturer and proceeding the process of development towards production."
This gentleman is Mr. Toshiyuki Kitazawa, Head of Business Development at Pentax/Ricoh, and the quote was from an interview taken at the end of 2012 (thanks to lensroar for the translation). I think it's the fifth time I recently posted this quote, and not even once was it noticed.

P.S. I find it funny though how you complain that I'm negative about a negative thread. Doesn't that make it a positive attitude?
07-26-2014, 03:35 AM   #424

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
"people from Romania" - I don't think you really want to go there...
No need, many are coming here

QuoteQuote:
P.S. I find it funny though how you complain that I'm negative about a negative thread. Doesn't that make it a positive attitude?
Well, I think you are in favor of anything that results in a ff K3 with all the bells and whistles and every pentaxian should feel the same and lo should anyone deviate from the party line...

07-26-2014, 03:51 AM - 1 Like   #425
Pentaxian

If you have something against Romanians, I'd suggest you keep it to yourself. I'm not interested in hearing about your prejudices.
07-26-2014, 03:53 AM   #426
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I was going to inject a few PolandBalls into the discussion at this point, but I decided against it.
07-26-2014, 04:42 AM   #427

Kunzite, I thought it was me who said it's inappropriate to bring Romania into the discussion. Beats me what your problem is now. Anyway, forget it. Probably a misunderstanding.
07-26-2014, 06:11 AM   #428
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
This thread has gotten personal. It has gone off topic. I'm out of here.

07-26-2014, 07:32 AM   #429
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It seems like you are the only one being annoyed. This is a case of the kettle calling the pot black. This is suppose to be a discussion about the future Pentax FF. When talking about a possible future camera, it is only reasonable to discuss the features of current models by other manufactures. It just so happens that the A7 series have many of these desirable features which could be included in a FF pentax. You always have the option of leaving.
If you read this thread you'll see that I'm not the only one annoyed. And if you read other threads about FF Pentax, you will see that A7 is not the only camera considered to be a model. There are also Canon 1Dx, and 6D, Nikon D810 and D610. Of course, it's your choice, and if you want, you can ignore this.

There is more that can be said. But I prefer to take photos, rather than loosing time in endless and mostly useless debate.
07-26-2014, 07:54 AM - 1 Like   #430
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
This thread has gotten personal. It has gone off topic. I'm out of here.
Everybody is out of here. Several members have outdone themselves turning this into slap-fest.

closed
Closed Thread