Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-22-2014, 05:23 AM   #16
Pentaxian

There is a rumored 135mm f/1.8 APO "ART" that is on the cards.

09-14-2014, 03:00 AM   #17
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ElJamoquio Quote
I thought that picture was a photoshop?? Current 24-70's use a 77mm front thread. To get twice as much light into the lens, all else the same, you'd need a 108mm filter thread! That's pretty silly, like a 300mm F/2.8 front element. Those 300mm lenses go for ~$3k at a minimum.
You are bascially wrong with most of you lens descriptions. Since 24mm focal length is less than flange focal distance comepletyl different design rules apply. Did you ever work with a really big lens? 1,8kg is not really handholdable (only in theory), it is to big to mount on the camera size wise. The price will be much more than for a long focal length lens with similar size. A lot more curved glass, a lot more lenses in tight space. You six fixed focal length lenses will be lighter and cost less than you dream. Sigma would probably not even offe Pentax mount. Pentax needs other products to survive as a serious camera manufacturer - Sigma will not save Pentax.
Pentax still stands for compact designs and compact lenses with high quality. If you go Sigma, why put a Pentax camera behind?
09-14-2014, 08:37 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by zapp Quote
You are bascially wrong with most of you lens descriptions. Since 24mm focal length is less than flange focal distance comepletyl different design rules apply. Did you ever work with a really big lens? 1,8kg is not really handholdable (only in theory), it is to big to mount on the camera size wise. The price will be much more than for a long focal length lens with similar size. A lot more curved glass, a lot more lenses in tight space. You six fixed focal length lenses will be lighter and cost less than you dream. Sigma would probably not even offe Pentax mount. Pentax needs other products to survive as a serious camera manufacturer - Sigma will not save Pentax.
Pentax still stands for compact designs and compact lenses with high quality. If you go Sigma, why put a Pentax camera behind?
I have no idea what any of that means. Try re-translating if you want me to respond to your points.

That said, I was completely correct. Recall I gave a caveat in there.

I'll keep waiting for the F/2 lens. It will either not have a 108mm front element (likely) or will cost a boatload of money (also likely) and will probably never actually get past a 'rumor' (most likely).

But we'll see.