Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-04-2014, 05:43 AM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
I have a Bigfoot story, of sorts, twice-removed though...
It then hit the shutter of the Pentax MZ-D it was holding at it's waist, and took his picture.

It's said that the man never recovered from that experience... and, to this day, waits for that prototype MZ-D to make it's way out of the hidden forest, in one evolved form or another... so Homo Sapiens Sapiens can use it as well.
What a great plot twist

07-04-2014, 02:02 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
I do hope that, after all the recent years of a Pentax FF being enthusiastically discussed here and elsewhere, that some marketing or product development exec in Ricoh sees all this online activity, has a 'lightbulb over the head' moment, and realises that Ricoh may have an opportunity to make a product that lots of people will want to buy, and they can charge good money for. Maybe that's a forlorn hope.

The amount of discussion and enthusiasm before, during and after the Theta launch must measure about zero, yet they made one, and it wasn't cheap. Meanwhile, on FF, it's been a stony silence and inertia for years, despite significant, prolonged user interest in FF. Very very puzzling.
Indeed, or that some bright spark at Ricoh/Pentax sees posts like the one below and realises that, not only are they missing potential sales, but they are losing their existing customer base, little by little, as well...

QuoteOriginally posted by Chris Mak Quote
And they should. I decided not to wait any longer and got a Sony A7r just this week, quite a different beast then the Pentax FF would have been, but still: FF.
Ever since stepping into digital I have had the experience of 28mm lens on a 35mm film camera in the back of my mind. FF is simply different and the IQ is tremendous on top of that.
I really don't know if it would be a commercial success, but it's just an essential part of the catalogue of a serious camera brand.

Chris