Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-12-2019, 09:57 AM - 2 Likes   #256
Banned

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Sure.

But you have a very nice collection of high quality Pentax glass that you were shooting on APS-C cameras. But what percentage of folks shooting with a K70 have top end lenses? And they would need to upgrade both body and lens to get into a full frame camera.
This goes back to compromising one thing to get something else.
An old friend of mine was into shooting songbirds in his backyard. He was a Polio paraplegic with very little upper body strength and was trapped in a wheelchair. He was also an incredibly talented photographer. He shot M43 because he could get lenses that were very long on the format without being very long and heavy.
That was his compromise.
There is nothing wrong with compromising, just don't pretend that it isn't being done.
QuoteQuote:

For my purposes (I shoot minimal wildlife and macro) the K-1 is significantly better than Pentax APS-C cameras. But I still shoot the same sort of subjects with my K-1 bodies that I did with my K3 when that was my primary body.
Same here, except I shoot a lot of macro as well. Focus stacking is my friend, but it was my friend when I shot with my K3 as well.
My compromise is not using a 645. As much as I would like one, I cannot afford it.
We all compromise.

10-06-2019, 09:00 PM   #257

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
It's not the equipment, its the photographer. People who buy fullframes are more likely to be really into photography
Couldn't say it any better. Great gear can help a person get the results they envision, but they still need to have that vision and the skills to make it happen in the first place.
10-07-2019, 02:12 PM   #258
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I agree that the photographer is by the far the more important factor versus the equipment - and as Adam said the main reason the photos look good.

That said, while I'm just an amateur, I feel that my photos have improved significantly since going to K-1 (from a K-5) but not just because its FF:
* I have some older (relatively fast) glass, which is now much more usable for every day use due to FF field of view (e.g. 50mm is a "normal" field o view as opposed to short telephoto on APS-C).
* The K-1 has some nice features over the K-5, that lead to more experimentation and in turn more photographs (more practice)
* Similar to the previous point, the K-1 is so well balanced and proportioned thats its a delight to use and so its get more use that it otherwise would.
* IQ. There is more I can do with the RAW files than I could with the K-5. Mostly its just having the extra pixels to work with but the noise performance of those pixels is impressive (in my comparisons they are a little better than the K-5 at pixel level).