Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
08-29-2014, 03:38 PM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Oldbayrunner Quote
Ah I see... The complainers corner. Ok got it now ... bye.. Harp away
The VP of Pentax called several of us a couple of years ago. When he asked what we wanted, he didn't seem to take it as 'complaining'.

But perhaps he was just being gracious.

08-29-2014, 06:59 PM   #17

Photos: Gallery
I think the VP learned what we already knew:

Ask 10 Pentaxians what to do and you'll get 100 suggestions.

Aside: I think Adam should change the sub-forum title to 'Complainers Corner'
08-29-2014, 07:15 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Sure, people come in here with 'bad tidings' and whatnot every day, but it's not that bad.
08-29-2014, 07:17 PM   #19

Original Poster
Thanks for the replies,

researching the link mentioned, the English not my native language and I have some difficulty.

The purpose of creating this topic is to believe in a cause, can buy
a Canon, Nikon or Sony A7 and use the old glass k mount, but would like to see
a full frame Pentax and use the full potential of older lenses.
Love my film cameras with manual or auto focus, never had problems, but I would use a 36 megapixel camera with video
for shooting my kids or a casual trip. I would use a real full Pentax, as good as was the mz-s at launch.

About the revolution, do not believe in lost causes, history shows us that,
what would the world be if not believing in our dreams? The United States would have a July 4th? The Brazil have left the military coup of 1964? All this has been a dream, that some people believed. Sorry for the comparison, to a lesser degree, is also a dream or not? I think this forum is the demonstration that we like and spend our dollars and our time on the Pentax.

08-29-2014, 07:27 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Full frame will cost Ricoh a bunch of money. Not just for the camera body but tooling up for all the lenses. Everybody says things like "they could just re-make some of the old lenses". It's not like Pentax has the machinery laying around from when the lenses were made. Hoya made sure that anything of value was sold off (if it even still existed). If everyone who said they wanted a FF camera in this forum bought one and bought another for a friend, it would still not nearly be enough for Ricoh to break even. I suspect there might be some ongoing plan for FF, but it won't happen until the money is there.
08-29-2014, 07:38 PM   #21
Veteran Member

I dunno, they need a wide angle zoom, a telephoto zoom, a normal zoom, and a wide angle prime.

That's 4 lenses and they have a complete system (with the 9 or 12 other lenses they already make for K mount FF).
08-29-2014, 11:22 PM - 1 Like   #22
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The Unicorn Song - YouTube

08-30-2014, 12:25 AM   #23
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by willeisner Quote
I'm new to the site, and the old film photography. I have three old cameras are my companions today K1000, MZ7, MZS, accompanied the digital age with a k100d, kx and K5.

Reading the discussions in the forum think everyone here wants a full frame camera, each fotokina the question again, and with the announcement of dubious k-s1 arrives!

As this site has global relevance, why not make a document for
Ricoh showing our interest in launching a full frame camera,
describe the features we want, and make a world undersigned asking Pentax full frame.

I doubt if one day we see and how we see this full frame camera.

I think it's a pioneering attitude that may surprise Ricoh, here in Brazil
we have a facebook page discussing Pentax, we can use our efforts and pass this petition in every corner of the world.
Hopefully you know Ricoh moves to launch something full frame, if money and posiveis customers what they want, we have in our favor

Free advertising for Ricoh,
a huge uproar over the world Theme pentax full frame are creating the perfect environment for them to launch the camera.
potential customers worldwide,
who knows if any periodical does not cover our demonstration, more advertising

What do you think? Possible, any interested? Or something crazy?
We gave them something to look at during at last 3 photokina/cp plus shows. Now it's solely up to pentax to do the research, decide if it's a viable idea, and implement it.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-30-2014, 08:59 AM   #24

Original Poster
all very complex, I agree with you, Pentax could start with four lenses, a lens kit and three other fast, as did the sony with Emount full frame.
Why not a 24 90 kit lens. and other cousins ​​could upgrade the 31mm 1.8
with vc motor, and a 50mm 1.4 and maybe a tele photo.

Sera that Pentax has the machinery of the old FA * 28 70 and 80 200?
could be included in the next .se interview they intend to update the
k the legacy mount as an example of these two great lenses.

Adam, I not have high hopes to see full frame at photokina 2014
reading the interview cp 2014, Ricoh rep was evasive in his response.

Q18: Does Ricoh Imaging plan to tackle the full-frame / professional DSLR market, and do you see cameras with full-frame sensors the que something would fit into your product lineup? Are you still Developing this type of product?

A18: Research and development into full-frame is still ongoing. We can not talk about it yet.

I think for an announcement like that Ricoh would make a great launch as was the 645Z with the site, launches teaser to whet the curiosity of the public
and we're less than one month and so far nothing.
08-30-2014, 10:41 AM   #25
Veteran Member

all very complex, I agree with you, Pentax could start with four lenses, a lens kit and three other fast, as did the sony with Emount full frame.
I appreciate it - but I don't think you're agreeing with me.

Pentax needs a few zooms. With that, and the ~12 lenses they already have, they'll have a nearly complete kit.

---------- Post added 08-30-14 at 10:42 AM ----------

we're less than one month and so far nothing.
Two weeks and no rumors. If they're announcing it, they've kept a very tight ship around the rumors. No other company is that good; there's just too many suppliers and people involved. I haven't given up all hope but if we don't see some rumors this week... the prospects are looking dim.
08-30-2014, 08:09 PM   #26
Pentaxian

Q18: Does Ricoh Imaging plan to tackle the full-frame / professional DSLR market, and do you see cameras with full-frame sensors the que something would fit into your product lineup? Are you still Developing this type of product?

A18: Research and development into full-frame is still ongoing. We can not talk about it yet.
Neither could Nikon
Actually Ricoh is saying much more than Nikon did (which AFAIK never admitted they were working on their FF). Yet we're bashing them for that.
08-31-2014, 09:15 AM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
We gave them something to look at during at last 3 photokina/cp plus shows. Now it's solely up to pentax to do the research, decide if it's a viable idea, and implement it.
For the benefit of the OP:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/169-pentax-full-frame/172285-how-push-pen...ut-faster.html

The Pentax full-frame page has over 5,000 'likes'. The page started in January of 2012, so it's 2.5 years old. It's already been through Photokina. Ricoh has acknowledged it but has not yet put out a FF camera.
08-31-2014, 12:31 PM   #28
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxus Quote
Full frame will cost Ricoh a bunch of money. Not just for the camera body but tooling up for all the lenses. Everybody says things like "they could just re-make some of the old lenses". It's not like Pentax has the machinery laying around from when the lenses were made. Hoya made sure that anything of value was sold off (if it even still existed). If everyone who said they wanted a FF camera in this forum bought one and bought another for a friend, it would still not nearly be enough for Ricoh to break even. I suspect there might be some ongoing plan for FF, but it won't happen until the money is there.
Cost is a poor excuse. It wouldn't cost them any more than what they spent on making this new K-S1. They already have FF lenses.. that isn't an issue. I think the only problem may be getting SR to work with FF?
08-31-2014, 07:46 PM - 1 Like   #29

QuoteOriginally posted by Tesla Quote
I think the only problem may be getting SR to work with FF?
IIRC the challenge of SR'ing FF was discussed a while back - at least once ... the points were something like:

- battery capacity/drain from the larger mass of the sensor
- accelerations / responsiveness required
- the total range of motion of the sensor, size of image circle
- mechanical wear on the flex print connector cable (due to larger motions)

I don't recollect any of these being discussed as showstoppers - maybe the battery, if they stick with the same one?

I know it goes against the 'We are Pentax - So it must be tiny!' mantra / rut they are stuck in, but you wouldn't hear a peep out of me if they had two battery slots in a bigger body.

On second thought, I always buy the grip anyway, since they are too tiny without, I don't think I'd care; I always have two battery slots...

Maybe the mass of the sensor is problematic. If it were truly an easy to solve engineering challenge then the 645Z would have had SR... or maybe not, maybe they just wanted to sell really expensive SR lenses and it was a marketing decision that if a customer can afford the body, then they can afford the lenses, and it makes the body more reliable / 'affordable'.

I know I've had (or still have...) an issue with the sensor in my K-5 being slightly tilted. It went in for service but came back the same. I gave up and turned on horizon levelling. Maybe twist is harder to keep nulled with a bigger sensor.
09-09-2014, 07:12 AM   #30

Original Poster
We're less than a week and so far no announcement, who knows ...

It's a real mystery why Pentax did not release a full frame camera, Ricoh
has some advantages, would be the first 36-megapixel camera with image stabilization in the market, and the second 24 megapixel.Lower the price of the lenses than for example, a Nikon 70 200 VR II. if you develop new lens from scratch. Would be particularly happy with an update of the classic FA * 80 200 2.8

Remembered sony a900 which is a full frame camera with image stabilization,
like the post above, I think it's not about the money from the sales of Ricoh Group in 2010 was 21 billion dollars, is not a small company.
the issue of sharke Shake Reduction is a technical issue that, with a bit of money invested could be resolved, it is not a question of fighting against the principles of physics of diffraction for example.

Perhaps a conservative thinking of executives?

I would like to see a complete picture with Sharke Reduction, a new focus sensor
and k essential assembly and function 4k video

Last edited by willeisner; 09-09-2014 at 07:21 AM. Reason: erro na escrita do ingles