Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-02-2014, 07:09 PM   #61
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Pffft! There is nothing for me to gain by fabricating stories. The downfall of one photographer does not improve my own images. Buy a FF if you want and don't forget to post your photos here so that we may be enlightened on how much better they are compared to "just Pentax crap (or crop)".

09-02-2014, 07:18 PM   #62
Veteran Member

Who DOESN'T want their pictures to be mocked because they haven't been taken with the right equipment?
09-02-2014, 08:51 PM   #63
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mdshooting Quote
Yet Pentax refuses to even keep us updated on how this is evolving. Would it not be better to say that they are not currently working on a Full-Frame Camera? No of course it wouldn't, to do this would encourage those waiting around to bleed off to disparate brands and get what they have wanted for sometime. Equally if they are working on something, to keep quiet only add's to frustration within the Pentax world
What camera company keeps people "updated" on what's in the works?

For years many Nikonians have been clamoring for a D300s successor, and it's never come.

QuoteQuote:
but I still think we have a right to know whether things are moving in a direction that this "Pentax Full Frame" thread appears to want to go
Right to know? Where is that in the US Constitution?

It sounds to me like you have a case of the-grass-is-greener-on-the-other-side-itis, that you read about supposedly "better" equipment and it's somehow necessary for you, because you are "getting more and more in to photography". Because we all know its the gear that makes the photographer, right?

Anyway, I think you should go. Its like divorce - once you mention it, may as well follow through with it.
09-02-2014, 09:48 PM   #64
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
Its like divorce
...why is divorce so expensive?... because it's worth it!

- ElJamoquio (undivorced)

09-02-2014, 10:23 PM   #65
Veteran Member

makes me wonder what keeps the FF fanbois to continue with a forum that doesn't have FF. All they do is boast their bigger equipment and mock crop sensor cameras. They won't even contribute to discussions photographically because they back off as soon as you start asking for photos. Hmmmm....
09-02-2014, 10:41 PM   #66
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dtmateojr Quote
makes me wonder what keeps the FF fanbois to continue with a forum that doesn't have FF. All they do is boast their bigger equipment and mock crop sensor cameras. They won't even contribute to discussions photographically because they back off as soon as you start asking for photos. Hmmmm....
Huh? Why are you picking a fight? No one here mocks APS-C cameras. 'Boasting about equipment' - I think you're making things up.

You may not like when I disagree with you, but correcting your misinformation is definitely a contribution to the discussion.

Here's a picture, just for you.

09-02-2014, 10:53 PM   #67
Veteran Member

Honestly, whenever people ask me this question, i would always advice them to go ahead, not withstanding brands or sensor size..

In life, just explore everything that your heart desires so that you won't ever have to live life with too much questions and regrets.. To OP, just make the jump and find out if it suits your photographic style. Don't bother living a life questioning yourself...

09-02-2014, 10:59 PM   #68
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I'll say this about the thread -> I love the shots that have been posted!! I don't care what sensor or lens they came through. They're all good!
09-02-2014, 11:02 PM   #69
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ElJamoquio Quote
Huh? Why are you picking a fight? No one here mocks APS-C cameras. 'Boasting about equipment' - I think you're making things up.

You may not like when I disagree with you, but correcting your misinformation is definitely a contribution to the discussion.

Here's a picture, just for you.

I wasn't picking a fight. It was you who tried to put words in my mouth because you strongly believe that anything FF is superior and therefore any story that says otherwise must be a lie or insert your own stupid explanation here.

And what makes you think that an iPhone can't capture the shot that you posted? If that's the reason why a Pentaxian will drop everything and move over to FF then I will have to ROFL!!!

---------- Post added 09-03-14 at 16:17 ----------

Straight from my iphone 4:

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/dtmateojr-lomobilography/8588090347/
09-02-2014, 11:21 PM   #70
Veteran Member

I wasn't picking a fight. It was you who tried to put words in my mouth because you strongly believe that anything FF is superior and therefore any story that says otherwise must be a lie or insert your own stupid explanation here.

And what makes you think that an iPhone can't capture the shot that you posted? If that's the reason why a Pentaxian will drop everything and move over to FF then I will have to ROFL!!!

---------- Post added 09-03-14 at 16:17 ----------

Straight from my iphone 4:

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/dtmateojr-lomobilography/8588090347/

That was a pic from a Pentax. I like Pentax cameras, FYI. This is a Pentax forum.

Could you become pleasant, perhaps? Right now it seems like you're ranting insults and accusations towards others.
09-02-2014, 11:30 PM   #71
Veteran Member

That was a pic from a Pentax. I like Pentax cameras, FYI. This is a Pentax forum.

Could you become pleasant, perhaps? Right now it seems like you're ranting insults and accusations towards others.

I will if you stop your FF is god BS
09-02-2014, 11:38 PM   #72
Veteran Member

I will if you stop your FF is god BS

Uh.... well, that never happened, so consider it unstarted.

Hmm, is omniscience better than CMOS?

Nevertheless, do you realize you're posting in the subforum that is dedicated to Pentax producing a full frame camera?
09-02-2014, 11:55 PM   #73
Veteran Member

Should I stay? Or, should I go?

Uh.... well, that never happened, so consider it unstarted.

Hmm, is omniscience better than CMOS?

Nevertheless, do you realize you're posting in the subforum that is dedicated to Pentax producing a full frame camera?

Does it matter? The OP was about yay or nay for going FF. I contributed a real story and you mocked me. You started it. It's not the first time. Your FF fanboism gets triggered every effing time people say good things about crop sensor cameras. People here are witnesses to your behaviour. You and that other guy sherman just can't help it. You strongly believe that FF is the only way to go. For the record, I came from a Nikon FF before I discovered Pentax by accident. I still own and love my Nikon. I'm not ignorant like you think I am.

Stop the fanboism because it's really really annoying.
09-03-2014, 12:02 AM   #74
Veteran Member

Uh huh.
09-03-2014, 01:00 AM   #75
Veteran Member

If you have to ask you probably already know it's time to move on. Seriously. If you were truly happy with your gear you would not be asking. The fact that you are really questioning yourself probably means you are not a good fit for the brand or it for you anymore. You say you need a FF camera. So go out and find one, pay the big $$$ you'll need to spend to "upgrade" and get back to shooting. What you want though it will likely cost you. I think 90% of the reason Pentax isn't doing FF is because it would have to be a fairly expensive set up with an all new lens line and they're just not convinced that their customer base is willing to go there enough to make it worth their while to develop such a kit. They'd rather make entry level and mid level cams for the masses, which makes sense fiscally speaking, but which tends to frustrate the people who actually do want them to branch out into doing FF.