Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-25-2015, 03:43 PM   #301
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Even today a solid (improving marketshare, good cameras, profitable production) 3rd place in a big, very mature and crowded marketplace is doing OK.
More than OK, 3rd place would be a remarkable achievement.

01-25-2015, 09:37 PM   #302

I don't judge Pentax a failure at all. They are chugging along nicely.
I remember two things from the various interviews with Ricoh employees regarding a potential ff. First was that lost in translation baseball analogy that everybody takes to mean the ff camera will surprise people (that's the ace up the sleeve) and the second was that US Marketing VP (!) who said Ricoh really wanted to move the imaging division forward to number two ot three in the world.
02-01-2015, 07:39 PM   #303

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Just 3?

OK, or it might not.. no one knows, acting like it's a done deal and it would be that way for sure is just as unlikely as likely. I'm not betting one way or the other.

I don't think so. I think it's perfectly natural to want what you need and stop there. I think people who always want more are out of control.

As you said it's an internet forum, I like hearing what others have to say, if I think someone has the wrong take on things, it's OK if I say it.
More to the point, why does jsherman who owns no Pentax's and does nothing to support the company, gives all his business to other companies think he has something to offer to the topic of what direction Pentax should take? SHouldn't that discussion be more of interest to actual Pentax users than to a Nikon guy. Are you trying to help the company, or subvert it? It's a legitimate question.

I have never suggest you stay off the forum, even though you own no Pentax gear and already own your FF, but yet you suggest I stay out of these threads?
Your statements about me getting personal... where? DO you understand what personal means? It means directing your argument at the person making the argument, rather than the argument.

Now that's personal.. but I'm going to take the high road here.
I will point out it's a case of accusing the other person of doing what you're doing, at the same time you're doing it.
Just because I don't agree with your point of view doesn't make it personal, unless I call you out by name. I did mention you in this thread, but in the context of being able to back up my claim that despite the theory of equivalence 50mm FF was artistically quite different than 35 on APS_c.

I thought you might post the images you have that demonstrate what I was talking about. I'm saddened that you chose instead to turn it into a personal attack. The goal is education, not silly psych analysis of people who you mistakenly believe don't agree with you.

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Quote:
2) From a shooter's perspective, it's completely normal to want 'more', or at least have the option of buying more that doesn't strand your past lens purchases.
I don't think so. I think it's perfectly natural to want what you need and stop there. I think people who always want more are out of control.
Ever heard of the system justification theory? Read the psychological tests about how humans always and naturally want more than they have? This is why humans evolve. You are wrong.