Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-11-2014, 11:02 AM - 3 Likes   #106
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
A moment of clarity for all to learn from

QuoteOriginally posted by Robert_1 Quote
Pentax should make a FF because I want one. I do not care about this or that in or against it. I do not need to have a specific reason other than I want one, period.
Rational, Succinct, Elegant Simplicity. If all of the other members absorb this, we can move on.... Great Job....

09-11-2014, 11:27 AM - 1 Like   #107
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax should make a FF because I want one. I do not care about this or that in or against it. I do not need to have a specific reason other than I want one, period.
Well said. +1.
09-11-2014, 11:44 AM   #108
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
want vs. need

You absolutely need no other reason than that, and have no need to justify anything further.

Ricoh, however, probably needs a bit more rationalization on their end for it to come to pass
09-11-2014, 11:55 AM   #109

Photos: Albums
Nobody is alone in a market. If you want one, other people want one.

09-11-2014, 11:58 AM - 1 Like   #110

QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
You absolutely need no other reason than that, and have no need to justify anything further.

Ricoh, however, probably needs a bit more rationalization on their end for it to come to pass
Pentax User: "Ricoh! I want that! I NEED IT!"

Ricoh: "No, sweetie. I'm not getting you one right now. Let's go."

Pentax User:

Last edited by Nagimaru; 09-11-2014 at 12:10 PM.
09-12-2014, 03:54 AM - 1 Like   #111
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Nagimaru Quote
Pentax User: "Ricoh! I want that! I NEED IT!"

Ricoh: "No, sweetie. I'm not getting you one right now. Let's go."

Pentax User:
Do you have the same animation but where a different grown-up walks in, gives the kid what it wants and then walks off with the kid? With the parent STILL not caring and walking on? Because I think that is more appropriate in the Pentax/FF/other brands-analogy.
09-12-2014, 05:10 AM - 1 Like   #112

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
Do you have the same animation but where a different grown-up walks in, gives the kid what it wants and then walks off with the kid? With the parent STILL not caring and walking on? Because I think that is more appropriate in the Pentax/FF/other brands-analogy.
Actually, in the next scene the caretaker caves and gets the kid what she wants.

Maybe the lesson here is that people that want a FF camera badly should:

A) Move out, get a job, and get that FF camera you always wanted. If you really love her, you can always visit or move back in the future, Pentax isn't going anywhere. She still needs to take care of your other siblings.

or

B) Start thinking that, maybe, just maybe, she isn't earning enough to buy you that FF at this point of time. Stop making a scene in public and start praying that you'll get it on your birthday.

or

C) Flail faster and harder. Try to reach 120% flail-osity. YOU CALL THAT FLAILING? MY GRANDMOTHER CAN FLAIL HARDER THAN YOU
09-12-2014, 05:12 AM - 1 Like   #113
Pentaxian

Tooo funny....

09-12-2014, 06:05 AM - 2 Likes   #114
Pentaxian

I strongly disagree. Pentax should make at least two, because I also want one
09-12-2014, 06:16 AM   #115
Lens Buying Addict

QuoteOriginally posted by Nagimaru Quote
B) Start thinking that, maybe, just maybe, she isn't earning enough to buy you that FF at this point of time. Stop making a scene in public and start praying that you'll get it on your birthday.
Ahem.
09-12-2014, 06:24 AM - 2 Likes   #116
Pentaxian

I didn't realize Sony was into THAT
It's even more unsettling than them not releasing Android 4.4 for the Xperia SP.
09-12-2014, 06:37 AM   #117
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
I didn't realize Sony was into THAT
It's even more unsettling than them not releasing Android 4.4 for the Xperia SP.
Good one!

On a serious note though, wouldn't an Xperia SP be too old?

I think I'm the only one on the planet that doesn't like software updates.
09-12-2014, 07:03 AM - 1 Like   #118
Pentaxian

It's not that old, it was released in April 2013 - Sony supposedly would support smartphones for (at least) 18 months. And Sony promised Android 4.4, then changed their mind.
If you want to hear complaints (including suicide threats!) you should watch some random Sony-related forum/blog/whatever. The exact subject doesn't really matter, at some point SP users will chime in with the usual "I'll never buy a Sony again!".
09-12-2014, 07:14 AM - 1 Like   #119
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
It's not that old, it was released in April 2013 - Sony supposedly would support smartphones for (at least) 18 months. And Sony promised Android 4.4, then changed their mind.
If you want to hear complaints (including suicide threats!) you should watch some random Sony-related forum/blog/whatever. The exact subject doesn't really matter, at some point SP users will chime in with the usual "I'll never buy a Sony again!".
LOL! Wouldn't just rooting your Xperia SP and putting Android 4.4 on it yourself be a lot more fun then snuffing yourself?

I've wandered off to the phone-side of the Sony forums and witnessed some of the hot-heads, yes. Thank heavens the camera forums are not like that. They are, of course, not whine-free.

Last edited by Clavius; 09-12-2014 at 07:34 AM.
09-12-2014, 07:16 AM - 1 Like   #120
Pentaxian

+1

"If we don't have what you want, buy another brand!" only works as a strategy when you're already enourmously successful and inventory can't keep up with demand, and your bread n' butter product is on rock-solid ground.

In Pentax's case, if they don't really care about continuing K-mount, it's also an acceptable strategy.

In all other scenarios it's unfortunate for all involved, including the company.