Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-12-2014, 02:42 PM - 1 Like   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Nikon and Sony are creating the future of FF, which is very bright.
Ricoh/Pentax is merely looking at it from the sideline, and Pentax shooters are eternally bickering on about how Apsc is it, and FF will only always be a niche for the few deluded ones that happen to have fallen prey to the belief that FF is actually better than Apsc, and so on and so forth, and only when Nikon and Sony have proven that FF is a big part of the future of photography, and the market in their view is ready for FF, and sales of FF prove it, only then will they probably initiate the actual launch off a FF system.
Pentax under Ricoh is really a very nice and reliable company, but they are simply not part of the innovation that is bringing FF closer and close to being a mainstream system.

Chris

09-12-2014, 03:20 PM - 1 Like   #17
Banned

Photos: Gallery
Well it's a good camera. so this sensor and all off the K-3 tech would deliver a good camera.
09-12-2014, 03:29 PM   #18

QuoteOriginally posted by MJSfoto1956 Quote
If Pentax were to ever introduce a full-frame camera, they should take a cue from the recently announced Nikon D750 (which in my opinion would pair well with the K-3). To wit:
  • dual SD cards
  • tilt screen
  • 24Mp
  • Water-resistant (of course)
  • excellent video specs
  • built-in WiFi (control your camera from your iPhone OOTB without any FLUness)
  • -3EV focusing
Now if they decide to never release a full-frame camera, then some of you might consider the D750 as a 2nd body. Im shooting my K-3 together with my D800 and finding that it is not all that bad mixing two different systems. When I eventually upgrade my D800 I now have a choice of D750 or D810. Not clear which way I would go but I have time. Alternately, you could make the jump to the 645X (which is probably what Pentax is hoping).

YMMV

Michael
Yes, good choice.

I wish they came out with a knockoff Leica FF as well. Leica mount only!

---------- Post added 09-12-14 at 03:32 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Chris Mak Quote
Nikon and Sony are creating the future of FF, which is very bright.
Ricoh/Pentax is merely looking at it from the sideline, and Pentax shooters are eternally bickering on about how Apsc is it, and FF will only always be a niche for the few deluded ones that happen to have fallen prey to the belief that FF is actually better than Apsc, and so on and so forth, and only when Nikon and Sony have proven that FF is a big part of the future of photography, and the market in their view is ready for FF, and sales of FF prove it, only then will they probably initiate the actual launch off a FF system.
Pentax under Ricoh is really a very nice and reliable company, but they are simply not part of the innovation that is bringing FF closer and close to being a mainstream system.

Chris
Pentax is like Fuji. Both companies seem to want to perfect their crop sensor. And it is not like you can get a D810 for the price of a K3. The K3 is a top model in its class, so nothing wrong with that. If Pentax wants to distinguish itself with something different they should make an affordable FF Leica knockoff rangefinder that takes Leica glass.
09-12-2014, 03:42 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ilovemypentax Quote
Yes, good choice.

I wish they came out with a knockoff Leica FF as well. Leica mount only!

---------- Post added 09-12-14 at 03:32 PM ----------

Pentax is like Fuji. Both companies seem to want to perfect their crop sensor. And it is not like you can get a D810 for the price of a K3. The K3 is a top model in its class, so nothing wrong with that. If Pentax wants to distinguish itself with something different they should make an affordable FF Leica knockoff rangefinder that takes Leica glass.
What you been smoking?

09-12-2014, 04:04 PM   #20
Pentaxian

The 750 looks good but seems more of a sidegrade than upgrade compared to the K-3. The features are similar but the K-3 is by no means a lesser camera.

No focus peaking on the 750. Granted, it has the larger OVF to help with manual focus but both features can exist in the same camera.

No switchable AA filter. The 750 has a physical always-on filter which decreases sharpness. Not a concern for most photos but can decrease quality on extreme crops.

No Astrotracer accessory.

Last edited by DeadJohn; 09-12-2014 at 07:25 PM.
09-12-2014, 04:10 PM   #21
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Chris Mak Quote
the future of FF, which is very bright.
09-12-2014, 04:33 PM   #22
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
Half Magnesium + half CF/Plastic
Interesting. I was going by what dpreview said:

QuoteQuote:
But, while it may look a lot like a D610, the D750 feels rather different, thanks to its magnesium alloy shell. This allows it to be lighter than the 610, which uses a plastic composite body on a magnesium alloy chassis, yet feel better-built.
Digital Photography Review

09-12-2014, 05:19 PM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jyrkira Quote
It is clear that Nikon has readed from PentaxForums what kind of camera they should make. It sad Pentax doesn't listen it's customers
That's the most ludicrous statement about Pentax since everyone proclaimed that their purchase by Ricoh meant they were doomed.
09-12-2014, 08:29 PM - 3 Likes   #24

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
This should have been Pentax's announcement at Photokina, not Nikon's! They're even more late to the party now, but better late than never IMO.
^^yes^^. Nikon announces this and what do we get? The K-S1.
09-12-2014, 09:22 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Adjusting for time (available tech) the D750 is a step backward from the D700. There's nothing new or innovative about it.
All the majors got caught up in the MPx wars and feature bloat so that now there's no where left on the path to go. Fuji is the only player in the game that's actually doing things smartly, and thinking past the end of their lens hoods. They're building serious artisan tools while everyone else is busy measurebating.
09-12-2014, 09:22 PM   #26

this is strange, but true, Pentax missed the opportunity to launch an innovative product, a complete picture, the body of the K3 with a good video Shake Reduction 1/8000. and all work great at high iso makes Pentax

And now and be inspired by the competitor. I hope Ricoh executives are seeing this !! And try something innovative. which has no LED lights
09-12-2014, 10:04 PM - 2 Likes   #27
Pentaxian

Everything on the Nikon 750 + K mount + In-body SR & Simulated AA Filter = Perfect Pentax FF!
09-12-2014, 10:31 PM   #28

I agree.

Last edited by jeff knight; 04-15-2015 at 11:57 AM.
09-12-2014, 10:42 PM   #29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ah, Carole King, yes.
09-12-2014, 11:23 PM   #30
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by freerider Quote
^^yes^^. Nikon announces this and what do we get? The K-S1.
Nope. Actually we got a WG watch...