Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

View Poll Results: Will we see a FF DSLR at CP+?
Yes 3250.00%
No 3250.00%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
09-23-2014, 02:41 AM - 1 Like   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Oh, yes!

The RICOH rep, that i talked with, just took me over to the new "Mystery Lenses" when i asked him if it (the PENTAX FF DSLR) will be available in the near future. Then(with a big grin in his face) he asked me: "Do those lenses look like APS-C lenses to you?"
me:"No, they are way too big(diameter) for APS-C lenses."
he:"So, you see."(grin)
me:"So, 2015?"
he:"That is possible indeed."

And i read alike stories on some other forums from other photokina visitors. So i say, yes. There will be. And if not, a little later in 2015.

09-23-2014, 05:55 AM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
I'll bet you my 77ltd that you will not see a Pentax K-mount Full Frame camera in 2015. What will you put up?
Ill put up my sigma 50-150 2.8. Your 77ltd will be awsome on my new full frame camera.
09-23-2014, 06:38 AM   #33
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by patarok Quote
The RICOH rep, that i talked with, just took me over to the new "Mystery Lenses" when i asked him if it (the PENTAX FF DSLR) will be available in the near future. Then(with a big grin in his face) he asked me: "Do those lenses look like APS-C lenses to you?"
me:"No, they are way too big(diameter) for APS-C lenses."
he:"So, you see."(grin)
me:"So, 2015?"
he:"That is possible indeed."

And i read alike stories on some other forums from other photokina visitors. So i say, yes. There will be. And if not, a little later in 2015.
I was asked by a rep what I thought of the lenses on photokina and my answer: "I can't take images with those tubes...."
09-23-2014, 07:37 AM   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Belnan Quote
Ill put up my sigma 50-150 2.8. Your 77ltd will be awsome on my new full frame camera.
Actually I shoot a Sigma 50-150 2.8 HSM II on my D800 in 1.5x crop mode - It's so good I can't bring myself to sell it and buy a 'proper' 70-200. So, save that 50-150 for FF! Bet something else!

---------- Post added 09-23-14 at 08:41 AM ----------

Then(with a big grin in his face) he asked me: :
I notice these rumours often include some sales rep or source smiling/grinning mysteriously. Problem is they've been holding that grin for 5 years running.

09-23-2014, 09:29 AM   #35
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
I was asked by a rep what I thought of the lenses on photokina and my answer: "I can't take images with those tubes...."
Noo, now Pentax will cancel the FF project and we will never hear the end of the fullframeists on this forum!
09-23-2014, 10:42 AM   #36
Veteran Member

Pentax will release a FF as soon as Canon and Nikon release a MF...
And of course at that point Pentax will discontinue their MF because they do not want to compete with any camera company on any front.
09-26-2014, 11:08 AM   #37
Veteran Member

Yesterday, some guy asked me if i want to drive his McLaren F1 on his very own race track.(He misses competition...) I even would get a massage by some supermodel afterwards.
I rejected and said, that i am fully satisfied with the 40mp/h top speed AIXAM I own, i always compete with the son of my neighbour(he drives a 12" deep red tricycle...) My dog will kiss me good night then.

---------- Post added 09-26-14 at 11:49 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
Actually I shoot a Sigma 50-150 2.8 HSM II on my D800 in 1.5x crop mode - It's so good I can't bring myself to sell it and buy a 'proper' 70-200. So, save that 50-150 for FF! Bet something else!

---------- Post added 09-23-14 at 08:41 AM ----------

I notice these rumours often include some sales rep or source smiling/grinning mysteriously. Problem is they've been holding that grin for 5 years running.
To be serious. I really do not see any problem, because until now, one never saw such an awesome FF DSLR lens at photokina.
But now something serious.
Sometimes when i think about some pentaxians on this forum, i think i would rather like to switch to Nikon or Canon, then dealing with people who are thinking that absurd and irrational.
Don't get me wrong, i think, the APS-C DSLRs from Pentax are doing great, but a FF will do much better. So i really do not like to deal with people who pursue self-deceit as there main hobby. Take the "What could be different about PENTAX FF?" discussion. It seems like 1 up to 2 3rds of the people who contribute to this thread, are just trolling and writing counterproductive posts.
No it could be available in green, it could have this or that...none, nuff! Sarcasm, bla, bla, sarcasm.. OK, at last, some people had the idea of interchangeable sensor units... But that would feel to experimental to me.

I would like to ask those people, who love to talk PENTAX FF to death:

When you are going to buy yourself a new car,
Would you reject an eDacia for 14.000Dollars that offers technology from a BMW i3 or an electrified Mercedes B Class(which both cost more than 45.000Dollars) in favour of a Car that costs 12.000 Dollars and has a range of only 80 miles?

To be honest, i can't await the nitpicky comments on how lame this comparison is.

Last edited by patarok; 09-26-2014 at 11:51 AM.
09-26-2014, 01:29 PM   #38
Veteran Member

With Canon and Nikon openly talking about larger-format mirrorless and Canon talking about something "soon", I really wonder whether debuting a new line of traditional FF DSLRs isn't asking for trouble. Perhaps the world has already moved on? And those who want a trad DSLR already have one. Ye Historik Optione wasn't really what the Ricoh CEO was talking about in that recent interview. He seemed to want bigger, bolder steps. He wanted to make folks sit up and take notice. K-mount but maybe a hybrid of some kind with focus peaking in the VF, for example. But as always, who knows.

Keep the car and give me an Arab thoroughbred, I say. You don't have to take one of those to a boring old gas station.

Last edited by mecrox; 09-26-2014 at 04:19 PM.
09-26-2014, 02:20 PM   #39
Veteran Member

Yeah, and donate me a fully automatic machine that developes analog iso 100 film in finest quality and a negative scanner that does 7.200 ppi high quality scans. or a digital cartridge like this april fool vaporware ... -> http://www.re35.net/index.html
You would not have to discuss about FF than.

And don't forget to revive the http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/digipod - project. But FF Sensor size this time.
09-26-2014, 02:31 PM   #40
Banned

Well, for what it's worth, Asahi Man claims the FF is "in production" now.

I was curious to see how accurate his Photokina predictions were, and he was spot on, so he certainly seems to have at least some inside knowledge.
09-26-2014, 02:52 PM   #41
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Poit Quote
Well, for what it's worth, Asahi Man claims the FF is "in production" now.

I was curious to see how accurate his Photokina predictions were, and he was spot on, so he certainly seems to have at least some inside knowledge.
And what exactly did Asahi Man say?
Besides that, some chinese ricoh reps said it will be totally different from everything else on the market... What is that supposed to mean? It is defenitely a DSLR and no MILC. The new lenses are 100% K-Mount. If you saw it, you could tell it by having had a look at the caps...
And the K-01's idea is flushed, so... Some new idea for astrophotographers? Totally new AF System? Optical Stabilization on Object in focus during shutter release time? Water resistant down to 15m?
IR-Mode? What? Sensor cartridges? WHAT? OMG... i can't await to see it. :>
09-26-2014, 03:43 PM   #42
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Mini 645Z (dual bus - dual processor fast camera) with every possible control on the outside?

09-26-2014, 04:27 PM   #43
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Mini 645Z (dual bus - dual processor fast camera) with every possible control on the outside?
That would certainly fit with their notion of a "field camera" but it's a difficult one because you'd have to be careful not to produce something plain unwieldy - the DSLR is very wieldy, i.e. versatile. If Ricoh only attended to the body shell and nothing else, with a standard-issue array inside, chances are a lot of people would think it was mutton dressed as lamb. Some special electronics inside the camera whether fast dual bus or some new kind of VF would really help, imho. The CEO's recent remarks also suggest that he considers it important that a proper camera can take a vertical image as easily as a horizontal image - something he said he thought smartphones weren't very good at. So that could be an input too. I guess being able to rotate the entire lens/sensor assembly inside the camera so that the body remained horizontal even when the lens and sensor were vertical would be too Heath Robinson. Probably tricky for WR, too. We'll soon see if he meant what he said.

Last edited by mecrox; 09-26-2014 at 04:33 PM.
09-26-2014, 04:52 PM   #44
Banned

And what exactly did Asahi Man say?
Some recent quotes from Asahi Man (over at DP Review):

1) ...in production
Best regards from cologne

2) Typically for Pentax user...

Two lenses are to see for the public.
Product manager Europe tells it and everybody who is good in math,could see that the stuff is in progress.
Nikon told a lot of times,anything is under development and under what ever and a couple of days,weeks ore month we hold it in our hands.
A development for a fullframe camera,without pause like the last year's will need approx 3 years,production Run than one year till Pentax bring it to the market.
Short time before we will see the press release.

I give you again and again my information and now again,Pentax will show the fullframe next year and the two lenses now in cologne are fullframe lenses,I have the current patent for the 2.8 here.
Everybody how knows about lens technology can see that there is only fullframe in this lenses.
This lenses are not prototypes and not pre series.
The lens Bodys are 95percentage ready like to see and only the front lenses are inside.
But already coated in the 2.8 lens.
In this condition you must know,every camera producer is in production with the real lenses if they are showing "prototypes" like these.
So,all together we can say,Pentax fullframe year is 2015.
And the good point is,it is a real SLR,with Body stile K-3
And if Pentax didn't forget how to work with Sony sensors,what we get than?
Again a camera with the absolute best picture quality and sensor performance in his range,look back to the k-5 line till the K-5lls!
So,best regards again from cologne and have fun with Asahi Pentax

3) Under development... in good old Nikon and Pentax speak,it means,is in production. I am sure,we see the camera in 6 till 8 month.
Now we have the 2 new lenses for fullframe and March,April we hold it in the hand.
Later than the body in the other hand.
Best regards

Asahi Man certainly seems sure things are already underway.
09-26-2014, 04:57 PM   #45
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mecrox Quote
If Ricoh only attended to the body shell and nothing else, with a standard-issue array inside, chances are a lot of people would think it was mutton dressed as lamb
Well the immediately preceding post blows up my idea if asahi man is right.
QuoteOriginally posted by Poit Quote
And the good point is,it is a real SLR,with Body stile K-3
And if Pentax didn't forget how to work with Sony sensors,what we get than? Again a camera with the absolute best picture quality and sensor performance in his range,look back to the k-5 line till the K-5lls!
How do we interpret K-5 til K5IIs?