Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

View Poll Results: Will we see a FF DSLR at CP+?
Yes 3250.00%
No 3250.00%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-26-2014, 05:10 PM   #46
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
How do we interpret K-5 til K5IIs?
He means high ISO performance...he's referred to the K5 in that way before (apparently he doesn't rate the high ISO performance of the K3).

So he's saying it's a K-3 style body with best-in-class ISO performance like the K-5 range had.

And he's not leaving any grey area about 2015...

Sounds good to me

Last edited by Poit; 09-26-2014 at 05:17 PM.
09-26-2014, 05:27 PM   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Well the immediately preceding post blows up my idea if asahi man is right.How do we interpret K-5 til K5IIs?
Ask Darth Vader? No one else seems to have any idea with more than speculation to support it.

I guess I'm not really motivated by high ISO performance. I almost never use it and, besides, one kind of expects it these days. One isn't forking out $$$ for nothing. Maybe Pentax will need a few more key selling points than that. They all claim great ISO performance, after all.
09-26-2014, 06:13 PM   #48
Banned

Great ISO performance will be a good starting point.

A camera with the build and feature set of the K-3 will also be a good move (perhaps built-in wifi is in the works this time).

Maybe a flippy screen like the 645z.

I'd certainly be happy.
10-01-2014, 11:34 AM   #49
Veteran Member

smooth aperture control, 24.3 MP FF Sensor, without AA Filter. Lenses with an Optical Stabilization which talk with the camera-internal ShakeReduction System.

10-01-2014, 02:31 PM   #50
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This is good. People can stop complaining about no FF, and soon they'll be able to start complaining about the price. I'm interested in seeing what they come out with. I'm thinking I better bank my tax return...this year. I might need a double return next year.
10-06-2014, 04:38 PM   #51
Banned

Yes, I've started budgeting too
10-07-2014, 11:18 AM   #52
Veteran Member

i am also budgeting!!

10-07-2014, 02:41 PM   #53
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by patarok Quote
The RICOH rep, that i talked with, just took me over to the new "Mystery Lenses" when i asked him if it (the PENTAX FF DSLR) will be available in the near future. Then(with a big grin in his face) he asked me: "Do those lenses look like APS-C lenses to you?"
me:"No, they are way too big(diameter) for APS-C lenses."
he:"So, you see."(grin)
me:"So, 2015?"
he:"That is possible indeed."

And i read alike stories on some other forums from other photokina visitors. So i say, yes. There will be. And if not, a little later in 2015.

Who was the Ricoh rep ????
10-07-2014, 08:08 PM   #54
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by asahi man Quote
Who was the Ricoh rep ????
Vito Aurora, Ricoh-Imaging Suisse(and Italy??? but defenitely from Switzerland)
10-08-2014, 03:48 AM   #55

The RICOH rep, that i talked with, just took me over to the new "Mystery Lenses" when i asked him if it (the PENTAX FF DSLR) will be available in the near future. Then(with a big grin in his face) he asked me: "Do those lenses look like APS-C lenses to you?"

And i read alike stories on some other forums from other photokina visitors. So i say, yes. There will be. And if not, a little later in 2015.
was this a k-mount lens or for 645?
10-08-2014, 04:01 AM   #56
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by infoomatic Quote
k-mount lens
Yes. I believe he would have been referring to these K-mount lenses that Ricoh had on display at Photokina:

:
10-08-2014, 05:18 AM   #57
Veteran Member

In what way does this differ from the past? There have been FF lenses in Pentax linup for a long while now. Also new ones that were release in the digital age, like the DFA's. It never led to the materialisation of an FF camera before. Why would it now? What is different now? Everything seems the same as always. They even still hide everying behind grins and "possibly's" and "maybe's" like they used to do in the past and let their public draw their own conclusions.
10-08-2014, 07:20 AM   #58
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Yes. I believe he would have been referring to these K-mount lenses that Ricoh had on display at Photokina:

:
That's a Rorschach test.
10-08-2014, 12:06 PM   #59
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by infoomatic Quote
was this a k-mount lens or for 645?
defenitely k-mount. no rorschach. all the other dfa lenses i know, are macro lenses. And 2 more FF lenses for k-mount shown at photokina 2014, of which one is supposed to be est. 70-200mm(according to the lens roadmap on the ricoh-website) wich is a very popular "focal-length-bandwidth" for FF, do very likely lead to the assumption, that the FF is nearly here. According to what the rumor-mill is grinding we can expect something totally different. AND There is that thing with the 3 elements on the lenses... Everybody who had the guts to take a closer look at those beasts,(*roar*) (or a look from the side to the part of the lens, that was facing the back of the display cabinet) should have discovered that there are 2 switches and 1 button.
In some other forum we were venturing guess, what those elements are good for, and to what tech those elements could lead us.
My guess was some kind of SR that is able to talk with the in-body-SR. Macro switch?? And go66amn!t what will the button be good for.
On the super-tele model there are def. 3 switches and one button.
1.) ?
2.) ?
3.) ?
4.) ?

Hmmm... Still sure that the next big thing is a new APS-C ?

(Don't get me wrong, i also won't bet important body parts on it, but it is VERY, VERY likely now, that FF is extremely close.)

I hope the following more close-up photos can bring you to mind, with what we are dealing with here.
Attached Images

Last edited by patarok; 10-08-2014 at 12:17 PM.
10-08-2014, 04:59 PM   #60
Veteran Member

At least they're WR.