Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

View Poll Results: Will you buy a FF Pentax, if one was available?
Yes, if it is a Pentax branded camera. 7918.20%
Yes, if it is a Pentax and/or Ricoh branded camera. 10023.04%
Yes, if it had the sort of specs you mention. 6013.82%
Yes, but only if it's priced no higher than, for instance, the D750. 5713.13%
No, I've bought a FF made by a different supplier. 173.92%
No, I don't need or want FF. 8319.12%
No - I would like to, but I cannot afford to buy a new camera. 276.22%
Yes, but only if it's available in forty-seven color combinations. 112.53%
Voters: 434. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 29 Likes Search this Thread
09-17-2014, 05:08 AM   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Tough for me to answer this poll because I am awaiting a (hopefully as described) like-new (with a few hundred shutter actuations) 645D with the Pentax-D FA 55mm and FA 75mm lenses. I paid four grand for that outfit, and that was a stretch. So the question for me would be, beyond cost, would be "Will I get better image quality from the FF or the 645D? If the FF, then I may stretch again to buy a used 645Z instead!

09-17-2014, 05:25 AM   #32
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
#7, #11, #12 and #14- focus confirmation for manual lenses. That's all, and I'm sold. At least I will not feel pain to spend such an amount like for Canon FF with hitting mirror issue, or for Nikon FF with older era lenses limitation.
All what matters for me is going instead of 1.6 or 1.5 crop to 100% for 35mm lenses. 25% is 25%. Period. Yeah, I read all arguments and debates... Sorry it's my money, and have my right to waste it how I want.
If there is no FF, I will end up with K5iis and Canon 6D duo eventually. I hope.
09-17-2014, 05:51 AM   #33
Banned

No interest in 41 megapixel.
09-17-2014, 05:53 AM   #34
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

24 would be plenty.
Man, that D750 is tempting....

09-17-2014, 06:22 AM   #35
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by noser Quote
Ricoh will be on it's rump. Pentax on it's forehead...

EDIT: Will the horn be a FF horn? Of course! Maybe Pentax ON the horn. Like the front of the prism...

---------- Post added 09-16-2014 at 09:13 PM ----------

Google Xlate:

For Pentax must destroy me. Nikon is .

Maybe:

"Pentax will be the death of me. Nikon is [negate] > 'will not'" ?
I'm latin. Your google translator is lacking. the sentence really means: For me Pentax is completly destroyed. Nikon est (in latin it can have a full meaning when previously understood as in: For me Nikon is it now. I was using your wordelenda: destroyed, anihilated. But in reality I should use Death (Mortis):but as in not longer exist= defunctio.

Nam me Pentaxo defunctio est. Nikon est. For me Pentax is dead. Nikon is now.
09-17-2014, 06:28 AM   #36
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by wullemaha Quote
Getting rid of dedicated mechanical buttons for touchscreen? No better way to make sure I will never buy the camera...

---------- Post added 2014-09-17 at 16:10 ----------

I agree. WE don't need a KS-FF1. Pentax has a great user interface in the current lineup. Keep it similar if not identical.

And SR is a must. If they cannot make SR work in a FF we lose one of our biggest advantages. IBSR was the main reason I chose Pentax in the first place.
09-17-2014, 06:30 AM   #37
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by EssJayEff Quote
Tough for me to answer this poll because I am awaiting a (hopefully as described) like-new (with a few hundred shutter actuations) 645D with the Pentax-D FA 55mm and FA 75mm lenses. I paid four grand for that outfit, and that was a stretch. So the question for me would be, beyond cost, would be "Will I get better image quality from the FF or the 645D? If the FF, then I may stretch again to buy a used 645Z instead!
I feel the same way as EssJayEff. I'd have to look at the price and comparison with the 645Z.
If I decide to go with a larger format than the K-3, the price and IQ would have to be right.

David

09-17-2014, 08:49 AM   #38
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by noser Quote
Google Xlate:

For Pentax must destroy me. Nikon is .

Maybe:

"Pentax will be the death of me. Nikon is [negate] > 'will not'" ?
Pentaxo non delenda est. >> Pentax must not be destroyed >> or 'Pentax Is Not Doomed'

Carthago delenda est, modernization of >> Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam >> Carthage must be destroyed. - Cato the Elder

Further flogging the reference, Pentax, like Carthage, has the vexing character (just when CaNikon thinks it is finally destroyed) to surprise with a sublime Masterpiece such as Super-Takumar 50/1.4, SMC coatings, SMC 1:1.8/85, MX, LX, A*200/4 Macro, F*300/4.5, A*85/1.4, and others.

So my poor analogy suggests the coming FF might be, rather than an also-ran from a benighted, failing company, a surprise Masterpiece, something sublime - a true Unicorn!!

Pentaxo non delenda est. Surprise!

*Let's just hope there's no Scipio Aemilianus
09-17-2014, 09:51 AM   #39

Photos: Albums
Kind of weird poll though. No time frame and the expectations on the specs change fairly quickly. At this point, for example, an ff K3 isn't good enough.
09-17-2014, 10:51 AM - 1 Like   #40
Veteran Member

If the question was asked 2 years ago. I would have ordered without question. Right now I'm interested in what Sony is doing with the A7 line and how Fuji's x-mount is going to evolve. Unlike the Pentax FF, the Sony A7 and Fuji X are not vaporware. The Nikon D750 is the most interesting DSLR on the market for my needs, but do I want to invest in dinosaur technology at this point?
09-17-2014, 11:03 AM - 1 Like   #41
Veteran Member

What is this nonsense about a Pentax FF sensor in the 24-41 MP range, the best FF cameras available: Canon 1Dx has 17.3, and Nikon D4S has 16.2. Be sensible people!!!, A Pentax FF in the 16-24 mp is more reasonable
09-17-2014, 11:05 AM   #42

QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
If the question was asked 2 years ago. I would have ordered without question. Right now I'm interested in what Sony is doing with the A7 line and how Fuji's x-mount is going to evolve. Unlike the Pentax FF, the Sony A7 and Fuji X are not vaporware. The Nikon D750 is the most interesting DSLR on the market for my needs, but do I want to invest in dinosaur technology at this point?
Yes, we've already seen commitment in Sony and Fuji, and we're seeing evolved iterations of the technology. I think it's fair to say that an FF Pentax is enormously appealing, but that product will now exist in a more competitive market; as buyers, people will want to see commitment to the lenses, and a convincing set of specifications. Pentax must know that tho, huh? Nervous giggle.
09-17-2014, 01:16 PM - 1 Like   #43
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jyrkira Quote
It does not matter which brand it is. All that matters is it a k-mount camera.
I agree!

---------- Post added 09-18-14 at 08:17 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by EssJayEff Quote
Good point.

---------- Post added 09-18-14 at 08:19 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
24 would be plenty.
Very!

---------- Post added 09-18-14 at 08:21 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by easyreeder Quote
Kind of weird poll though. No time frame and the expectations on the specs change fairly quickly. At this point, for example, an ff K3 isn't good enough.
I've deliberately left it open, but can, of course, update the specs if need be.
09-17-2014, 01:25 PM   #44
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
So true.
09-17-2014, 01:25 PM   #45
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Stavri Quote
What is this nonsense about a Pentax FF sensor in the 24-41 MP range, the best FF cameras available: Canon 1Dx has 17.3, and Nikon D4S has 16.2. Be sensible people!!!, A Pentax FF in the 16-24 mp is more reasonable
On the one hand I'm criticised for specs being too old, on the other hand, for specs being too progressive, seems I can't win.

---------- Post added 09-18-14 at 08:35 AM ----------

This far, the results are proving interesting:
As of this moment, 69% of respondents would like a Full Frame camera from Ricoh. 17% have no interest in a FF product. The view is divided 50/50 between those who would like it to have the Pentax logo only and those who don't care if it reads Pentax, Ricoh or both. Specification is of less importance, as is price.
Closed Thread