Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-09-2014, 07:46 AM - 2 Likes   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Ever notice these rumours always involve a mysteriously smiling rep?

QuoteOriginally posted by johan kruger Quote
... I did get a big smile. (might not mean much). I also asked if they are then working on a 24-70 F2.8 but was just met with smiles.

Problem is the reps have been flashing these same enigmatic smiles for 4 years now.

11-09-2014, 07:50 AM - 4 Likes   #17
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I certainly hope you are right! I was just thinking the other day of all the FF worshipers here that are being held back by the lack of a FF Pentax. These are most likely the "Elite" of the shooters of Pentax, and once we get a FF Pentax this site will no longer be filled with "inferior" work from such limited cameras as the K3 and those antique K5s, not to mention other "lowly" Pentax APS-C machines...... but will all of a sudden overflow with the most fantastic shots these "Elite" shooters will now be able to present us from their FF Pentax cameras.

Things here will change overnight! Guys we have been hearing from (but not seeing much of their photos, due to their not having the proper FF equipment) will be posting fantastic shots by the hundreds daily with their new FF Pentax cameras. Old cameras like the K3 and K5 will hardly show up again in the photo galleries, due to the shame of the shooters that can no longer compete with the "Elite" and their FF Pentax wonders.

As with all change, this brings the good and the bad.......We will have all those new "Elites" and their wonderful photos, but may never again hear from or see the shots from guys like old Normhead who will be stuck in the past and ashamed to post their inferior APS-C work ever again. Gone will be the days when we cruised the K3 and K5 photo threads and went Ooooh! and Ahhh! at what our lying eyes thought were fantastic shots, and instead we will go straight to the FF Pentax threads and never again wander away to view "lowly" work from the past.

Of course, this is of small concern to me....being a certified Toy Camera shooter. Since I "think" I see some great Toy Camera shots with my own lying eyes, I doubt that I am going to be able to recognize the greatness of all those "Elites" when they do show up.......maybe you will have the same problem?

Best Regards!
11-09-2014, 07:59 AM   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I certainly hope you are right! I was just thinking the other day of all the FF worshipers here that are being held back by the lack of a FF Pentax. These are most likely the "Elite" of the shooters of Pentax, and once we get a FF Pentax this site will no longer be filled with "inferior" work from such limited cameras as the K3 and those antique K5s, not to mention other "lowly" Pentax APS-C machines...... but will all of a sudden overflow with the most fantastic shots these "Elite" shooters will now be able to present us from their FF Pentax cameras.

Things here will change overnight! Guys we have been hearing from (but not seeing much of their photos, due to their not having the proper FF equipment) will be posting fantastic shots by the hundreds daily with their new FF Pentax cameras. Old cameras like the K3 and K5 will hardly show up again in the photo galleries, due to the shame of the shooters that can no longer compete with the "Elite" and their FF Pentax wonders.

As with all change, this brings the good and the bad.......We will have all those new "Elites" and their wonderful photos, but may never again hear from or see the shots from guys like old Normhead who will be stuck in the past and ashamed to post their inferior APS-C work ever again. Gone will be the days when we cruised the K3 and K5 photo threads and went Ooooh! and Ahhh! at what our lying eyes thought were fantastic shots, and instead we will go straight to the FF Pentax threads and never again wander away to view "lowly" work from the past.

Of course, this is of small concern to me....being a certified Toy Camera shooter. Since I "think" I see some great Toy Camera shots with my own lying eyes, I doubt that I am going to be able to recognize the greatness of all those "Elites" when they do show up.......maybe you will have the same problem?

Best Regards!
All true (elite will post, you will genuflect, etc) except for the Norm part - by that time he will be shooting medium format and be sitting at the top of the pile.

11-09-2014, 09:20 AM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
All true (elite will post, you will genuflect, etc) except for the Norm part - by that time he will be shooting medium format and be sitting at the top of the pile.
You may be right....poor old Norm, he tries so hard now with his inferior K3, and the only ones that seem to appreciate his work are those like me with my "lying eyes".

Regards!

11-09-2014, 09:29 AM   #20
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
It is a carbon copy of an exchange some member of the forum had with a Ricoh rep at Photokina...
Maybe all Pentax reps were instructed to smile and seed the doubt that those are actually FF lenses?
Apart from the fact that they certainly look FF to me and I'm pretty sure we will see a FF early next year, it certainly looks that way...
11-09-2014, 09:40 AM   #21
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by johan kruger Quote

The Rep could not confirm what it is but when I asked if this was a new full frame 70-200 F2.8 lens I did get a big smile. (might not mean much). I also asked if they are then working on a 24-70 F2.8 but was just met with smiles.

there are nations which smile when they feel shy or puzzled
11-09-2014, 09:42 AM   #22
Site Supporter

In my mind, FF is coming for sure. The question is of what variety in megapixels. I think we are in for a pleasant surprise with a FF body and two or more lens announcement. My question is whether they will go all out with a 36MP or larger sensor or tease us with a 24MP followed by a larger MP sensor later. If they introduce a 36MP body, it would sway me from getting into the 645Z as I am planning to do currently.

I am shooting an assignment with my K3 and my FA Limited lenses. The results remind me of the medium format look. More resolution would be a welcomed advantage but I am totally happy with results I am getting.

Staying with an FF body would not require much in additional lens investment. Whereas a 645Z move would require substantial new investment in body and lenses.
11-09-2014, 09:46 AM   #23
Site Supporter

You may be right....poor old Norm, he tries so hard now with his inferior K3, and the only ones that seem to appreciate his work are those like me with my "lying eyes".

Regards!

"You can't hide your lyin' eyes, and your smile is a thin disguise..."

11-09-2014, 10:05 AM   #24
Pentaxian

just wondering... if Pentax would bring FF to the market, what might be the price level of the camera?

Last edited by zzeitg; 11-09-2014 at 10:16 AM.
11-09-2014, 10:10 AM   #25
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by zzeitg Quote
just wondering... if Pentax would bring FF to the market, would might be the price level of the camera?
Some wish for a low-price, minimal feature-set camera, but many believe it will be priced above the K3 at minimum.
There's only speculation ATM, and we don't even know if it's gonna be a DSLR or a mirrorless.
I think it will be priced as a high-tier camera.
11-09-2014, 10:20 AM   #26
Moderator PEG Judges

once we get a FF Pentax this site will no longer be filled with "inferior" work from such limited cameras as the K3 and those antique K5s, not to mention other "lowly" Pentax APS-C machines......
How is it you so gifted with foresight?

A Pentax FF will make me richer and even more famous than I am already, even possibly overnight in the best case scenario.
11-09-2014, 10:21 AM   #27
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by LensBeginner Quote
Some wish for a low-price, minimal feature-set camera, but many believe it will be priced above the K3 at minimum.
There's only speculation ATM, and we don't even know if it's gonna be a DSLR or a mirrorless.
I think it will be priced as a high-tier camera.

well, even if it can't be compared, when I see the middle format prices, I also think it won't be a bargain.
11-09-2014, 10:22 AM   #28
Moderator PEG Judges

but may never again hear from or see the shots from guys like old Normhead who will be stuck in the past and ashamed to post their inferior APS-C work ever again
Is that what he told you, I hear he has his name done for two of the FF pre release specials.
11-09-2014, 10:27 AM   #29
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by zzeitg Quote
well, even if it can't be compared, when I see the middle format prices, I also think it won't be a bargain.
Legends & Myths seldom are cheap...
...and the FF has surely become one, over the course of the years.
My reasoning is that Ricoh executives will think something like: "ok, you want it? you want it bad? you want it so bad that you've been bickering about it endlessly in internet fora for years? well, the you'll pay, and pay dearly for it!"
11-09-2014, 10:44 AM   #30

Original Poster
lol laughed so much that's is why I am starting to Stuff that Piggy Bank...