Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 27 Likes Search this Thread
11-20-2014, 01:53 PM   #31

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeD Quote
I'm still hoping for K3 upgrade. I don't understand why they would prostitute their APS C market for a FF, they really shouldn't need to. I really don't need the FF and my two best lenses the DA* 60-250 4.0 and Tamron 17-50 2.8 are APS-C. If however they only come out with the FF then used K3s ought to be really cheap. So I'm sticking with my K5 until the dust settles.
You don't need to hope. Bringing a K3 upgrade is only logical.

btw: even asahi_man, who always told us that they have several FF prototypes, now says we won't get a FF... Re: Just received: Pentax HD DA560mm: Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

11-20-2014, 03:29 PM   #32
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by infoomatic Quote
now says we won't get a FF
You missed the 'wink' in Asahi Man's post there.
11-20-2014, 03:51 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
There has already been an "official" confirmation from a Swiss (IIRC?) representative just before Photokina, promptly denied by Pentax... but those rumors just keep coming up.
And I'm inclined to believe them this time...
11-20-2014, 03:55 PM   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LensBeginner Quote
There has already been an "official" confirmation from a Swiss (IIRC?) representative just before Photokina, promptly denied by Pentax... but those rumors just keep coming up.
And I'm inclined to believe them this time ...
They have already officially confirmed that they are working on FF, just not when it will be released. And the upcoming massive 70-200 f/2.8 isn't exactly arguing against FF either

11-20-2014, 04:06 PM - 1 Like   #35
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote
They have already officially confirmed that they are working on FF, just not when it will be released. And the upcoming massive 70-200 f/2.8 isn't exactly arguing against FF either
They confirm that the camera will be released in 2015, not just working, and I believe them maybe I'm an optimist
11-20-2014, 04:10 PM   #36
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by redcat Quote
They confirm that the camera will be released in 2015, not just working, and I believe them maybe I'm an optimist
I meant an official confirmation made by one of their higher up managers in an interview at Photokina, not what one representative said off-camera
11-20-2014, 04:29 PM   #37
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Plus Ricoh Japan's confirmation that they're working on it. I can't wait!

11-20-2014, 04:45 PM - 1 Like   #38
Veteran Member

I wonder how it's gonna be...
We were all waiting for the FF announcement when the K-01 was presented... I distinctly remember thinking "wait... is this a joke? it's not even april!" and discounted it as an "internet rumor" with an imaginative rendering... then it turned out to be true!
Last time we were waiting, a stoopid-looking mock-DSLR with leds all over the place popped out... and I thought "this is junk... maybe they're keeping the big thinks for the actual Photokina, they won't spoil it the week before..."

Moral: I own a K-01 and believe the K-S1 to be a very capable camera :-P
...but I bet I won't stand another multi-colored trend-setting Japanese-oriented cutie-looking contraption!
11-21-2014, 01:25 AM   #39
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Probably nobody misses that, but just ignores it, because a 'wink' can mean all kinds of things. I'm assuming Asahi means that he has no clue either. What are you assuming it means?
11-21-2014, 01:37 AM   #40
Forum Member

I, myself, asked the representative at the Pentax booth of the "Salon de la photo" and I got the answer that it is just rumors, and if such a camera is in preparation none of the people he knows at Pentax France have been told. We have no other options than wait or go manual focus.
11-21-2014, 01:47 AM   #41
Veteran Member

tic tac tic tac.. clock is ticking and time is passing by for Pentax to release the FF ... Sony is growing fast and my guess is that more and more people will start moving to this "new" systems specially attracted by price....

So.. i think that if they dont announce anything for february CP+, perhaps its going to be too late to cause a "BIG" impression, wich we all know that the company will need it in order to compete.
11-21-2014, 02:08 AM   #42
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kooks Quote
tic tac tic tac.. clock is ticking and time is passing by for Pentax to release the FF ... Sony is growing fast and my guess is that more and more people will start moving to this "new" systems specially attracted by price....

So.. i think that if they dont announce anything for february CP+, perhaps its going to be too late to cause a "BIG" impression, wich we all know that the company will need it in order to compete.
It is now rumored on several sites (including SAR) that Canon and Nikon will be joining the FF-mirrorless race somewhere late in 2015. If that is true, Sony will no longer be alone, and there will be more pressure on the prices of such systems. This will land them firmly in current high end APS-C DSLR price range.
11-21-2014, 02:27 AM   #43
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
This will land them firmly in current high end APS-C DSLR price range.
the benefit is "us", users ! we'll have more options to choose then
11-21-2014, 02:44 AM   #44
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by redcat Quote
the benefit is "us", users ! we'll have more options to choose then
That's the positive side, yes. Possible downside would be the results of the squeeze in high end APS-C DSLR prices. So more choice at one end, less so elsewhere. Otoh, there are some very expensive high end M4/3 options out there that seem to be doing pretty well.
11-21-2014, 02:48 AM   #45

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
I think those winks are the biggest mistakes of us fullframe-hopers ... they have always been interpreted as some secret code or some "lines between" which they actually aren't at all.

The answer Naruto got is much more logical from a serious company.

I guess this rumours spinning about the mythical Pentax FF is crazy... maybe oil is poured into this ever-glowing illusion by the fan-boys who don't want to leave the brand because of the absence of FF or don't want others to leave and thus decreasing the brands market strength.

Sorry for the doooooomed thoughts, but I seriously think that Pentax market share will shrink further if nothing "wow" happens here in Pentax land - maybe it will end up just being a hasselblad-like company with just 645 because the classic dslr in aps-c will be almost eaten up by mirrorless in 10 years. Mirrorless will be soon state of the art, and systems like Fuji provide a better solution if you want a small system (which was the intention of the limiteds). Weather sealing is being also implemented by others and soon they will provide a complete lineup. Sony and Fuji are announcing lenses for their system so fast like they need only 6 months to develop ... and Pentax is always at least one round behind and announces too few products. Updating the limited lenscoating is just not enough to "be interesting"