Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-20-2014, 09:07 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
Is it too early to start a "Why I won't buy a Pentax FF" thread?
Never too early. We can always talk about cheese..............

11-20-2014, 09:08 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
because it has 8,000 different colors ? =))
11-20-2014, 09:09 AM   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
Must be country specific then?

Sony A7: 1299 euros
Pentax K-3: 1211 euros

As soon as the A7II is releaded FF will be cheaper then Pentax APS-C around here.
then your shopping at the wrong shop. Here (NL) you can get it (K3) for €999 and lower
11-20-2014, 09:13 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Franc Quote
Originally posted by Clavius Quote Must be country specific then? Sony A7: 1299 euros Pentax K-3: 1211 euros As soon as the A7II is releaded FF will be cheaper then Pentax APS-C around here. then your shopping at the wrong shop. Here (NL) you can get it (K3) for €999 and lower

EUR 892,91 on amazon.fr

11-20-2014, 09:29 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Pentax FF already here, SONY A7II.

OK, old jokes.

or, the rumor of "Pro A7II", with A7II stabilization + A6000 AF speed + A7R resolution + K3 weather seal, the SONY A9
11-20-2014, 09:45 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Didn't we get a "FF is coming" rumor from the French during Photokina? With no other 'official' confirmation?
Don't bank on it until 'official' comes from an 'official' source through an 'official' channel.

As for badging, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Ricoh's name is on the back...., or even on the front.
I don't see the word "Pentax" anywhere in that booth shot. Ricoh is steadily moving the name Pentax to
the margins; it's just a matter of time before they drop it. And sad as that may be, at least it won't be
changing to 'Sony'.
11-20-2014, 10:32 AM - 1 Like   #22
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
"Rumors" and "They said it's Official!!" isn't really gonna get people that excited about a Pentax FF, especially with all the rumors that have come out like the last 10 years.
Not untill Pentax itself releases an official "Hey! Guess what we have? A FF camera! Here's the specs!" statement on their website.

11-20-2014, 10:46 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by disconnekt Quote
Not untill Pentax itself releases an official "Hey! Guess what we have? A FF camera! Here's the specs!" statement on their website.
I'm betting on my lens, if they don't release a FF in 2015, I'll sell them all =))
QuoteOriginally posted by tvdtvdtvd Quote
Ricoh is steadily moving the name Pentax to the margins; it's just a matter of time before they drop it
I guess it's just the matter of time
11-20-2014, 11:50 AM   #24

QuoteOriginally posted by disconnekt Quote
"Rumors" and "They said it's Official!!" isn't really gonna get people that excited about a Pentax FF, especially with all the rumors that have come out like the last 10 years.
exactly. I think a Pentax FF has been confirmed for 5 years now ... but always by representatives or by some mysterious insiders. I don't believe it until we see an official statement, e.g. press release or something. A facebook comment by some french rep. is no official statement, probably similar wishful thinking than mine. Working in a technology company in the dev team I know that a statement of officials "we are working on FF" as in the interviews means exactly NOTHING.
For me I am going Sony A7-II because this is real ;-)
11-20-2014, 11:52 AM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
Must be country specific then?
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
That's just sad. K-3s are under 900 Canadian around here ...
I don't know what's wrong with the Netherlands, but Amazon Germany sells the K3 + 18-55 kit for about €950, Amazon UK has it for £829 and Amazon France offers it for around €960 The Dutch shop you cited sells it for more than €1,200 body only, that's just retarded! And the Sony A7 is an exception, it makes more sense to compare a DSLR FF to similar cameras like the Nikon D610/750/810 and Canon 6D/5D Mark III etc.
11-20-2014, 11:58 AM   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by infoomatic Quote
exactly. I think a Pentax FF has been confirmed for 5 years now ... but always by representatives or by some mysterious insiders. I don't believe it until we see an official statement, e.g. press release or something. A facebook comment by some french rep. is no official statement, probably similar wishful thinking than mine. Working in a technology company in the dev team I know that a statement of officials "we are working on FF" as in the interviews means exactly NOTHING.
For me I am going Sony A7-II because this is real ;-)
yeah... the A7 is already in 2nd generation and yet the PENTAX FF is still in rumor phase.

Looks like the A7 series is going to stay and the rumor of A9 is going to be true as well.
11-20-2014, 12:00 PM   #27
Veteran Member

I'm still hoping for K3 upgrade. I don't understand why they would prostitute their APS C market for a FF, they really shouldn't need to. I really don't need the FF and my two best lenses the DA* 60-250 4.0 and Tamron 17-50 2.8 are APS-C. If however they only come out with the FF then used K3s ought to be really cheap. So I'm sticking with my K5 until the dust settles.
11-20-2014, 12:02 PM   #28
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I thought there was one already? https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/169-pentax-full-frame/273886-introducing-...-dont-buy.html
11-20-2014, 12:13 PM   #29
Pentaxian

I already did it a couple times. I think until there is a Pentax FF to not buy, no one cares. Or to be more prices, no one cares if you say you won't, if you can't.
11-20-2014, 01:52 PM   #30
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
if you say you won't, if you can't.
yeah, sometimes people say they don't like just because they can't have it sad but true !