Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-05-2015, 01:52 PM   #91
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by philbaum Quote
Samsung has shown on the NX1 that given enough processing power, the screen lag after taking a shot can be shortened to such a small amount that its undetectable by eye.
It can be shortened quite a bit, by displaying the last live view frame until a new one is available Just like certain phones would shorten apps load times by displaying a pre-saved screenshot...

01-05-2015, 02:27 PM   #92
Lens Buying Addict

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by philbaum Quote
(As to me, I just bought a VW Jetta Sportswagon but its really a station wagon . Needed it to carry around pictures)
People do change. My wife just traded her Subaru Outback for a Mini Cooper Hardtop. She swears she'll never go back to a 'large car' - buzzing around town and parking it anywhere is just too attractive. I have no idea what's going to happen when she sees a piece of estate-sale furniture she wants . . . . .

QuoteOriginally posted by mecrox Quote
Those big American station wagons are so golden era to me that they are almost due for a revival.
I'm driving a black mid-price 4-Door Sedan. Notably, in the 43 years I've been driving, this marks only the 5th year I've driven a traditional 'car.'

There has to be an allusion to camera technology in there somewhere - you all can figure out what it means. FWIW, at this stage of my life I can buy my wife whatever she wants short of a Bentley.

Thankfully she doesn't want a Maxi-BMW, just a Mini-BMW.

Last edited by monochrome; 01-08-2015 at 01:07 PM.
01-05-2015, 02:34 PM   #93
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
PFWIW, at this stage of my life I can buy my wife whatever she wants short of a Bentley.

Thankfully she doesn't want a Maxi-BMW, just a Mini-BMW.
Alternatively a Mini Clubman, made by BMW, the Q version of a station wagon. They make the Mini in this town.
01-08-2015, 01:02 PM   #94
Lens Buying Addict

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mecrox Quote
Alternatively a Mini Clubman, made by BMW, the Q version of a station wagon. They make the Mini in this town.
She actually drove the Outback in the Dealership and drove a Mini 2-door Hardtop out (thus, Mini-BMW).

It has the BMW 3-cyl gasoline engine also for the i8 and all sorts of Beemer electronic jingles and bells and drives like a skateboard, which is all she cares about. Never the sentimentalist, she doesn't really understand the near-total changes from the old, classic Cooper - all she notices is Oxford, UK on the sticker (Place of Origin, as mandated by USA, is 'Oxford, UK').

Last edited by monochrome; 01-08-2015 at 01:19 PM.
01-08-2015, 01:53 PM   #95
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
She actually drove the Outback in the Dealership and drove a Mini 2-door Hardtop out (thus, Mini-BMW).

It has the BMW 3-cyl gasoline engine also for the i8 and all sorts of Beemer electronic jingles and bells and drives like a skateboard, which is all she cares about. Never the sentimentalist, she doesn't really understand the near-total changes from the old, classic Cooper - all she notices is Oxford, UK on the sticker (Place of Origin, as mandated by USA, is 'Oxford, UK').
Lol, they all come from the huge Cowley factory at the other end of town, a massive local employer here. I've a soft spot for them after being driven to school for a while aged around 7 either in a Mini or in one of these (to avoid London traffic), a bubble-car - sorry, flagrantly off-topic I know.;