Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-03-2015, 04:05 PM   #46
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
No matter how nimble modern companies can be, leaving important decisions on the hardware and design of a flagship product until just a few months before [unofficial] product launch in Q3 2015 doesn't seem prudent, IMHO. Too much risk.
There's also the issue of the component suppliers. For Ricoh to start assembling the suppliers must deliver parts - and they also have lead times. At some point there are few if any possibe variables that can wait.

My bet is they're refining code and Firmware and testing every single lens in the catalog, plus the most popular older lenses, to determine how the IBIS system and AF module will handle them. Tester challenges might well be geared toward refining features that are locked in, plus testing lens IBIS and AF coding.

05-03-2015, 04:37 PM   #47
Veteran Member

let me dream. i am just hoping, that they read my posts ,
So they will build in a CF-Card slot alongside with an SD-Card slot.. and that the Sensor will only have 24.5MP but therefore tremendous high ISO capabilites; and high shooting rates at 10 or more pics per second plus endless RAW shooting are not a dream anymore.
all that + all the features from the K-3II + a flippy screen is all i want.

And a weather sealed interchangeble mirrobox And some new mirror technology.... AND . . . there you got it. Now my dog is on the loose...