Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-29-2015, 05:08 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pinholecam Quote
I also had a thread Does my M42 and K-mount work on digital FF? - an exploration But I gave up shortly as it was just no fun doing 'tests' and lack of interest here
I remember that thread. I enjoyed it, shows how great those "old" lenses are even on modern FF. Sorry if I didn't give enough feedback in the thread, I just felt I had nothing interesting to add (and I think others on the forum probably felt the same way).

01-29-2015, 05:25 PM   #32
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Oh WTH.

Buy K lenses.
01-29-2015, 06:32 PM   #33
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
I remember that thread. I enjoyed it, shows how great those "old" lenses are even on modern FF. Sorry if I didn't give enough feedback in the thread, I just felt I had nothing interesting to add (and I think others on the forum probably felt the same way).
Thanks.
I know that there are folks who are genuinely interested in the results and that was the purpose of the thread.
Just got sick of all the "I jumped ship for FF and you guys with your old glass and Pentax cameras are losers" taunting.
So my reply is a "I am using my Pentax lenses on FF, it works, and perhaps you Canikon guys lost out, have fun lugging around those big lenses :D "

I've always liked to take photos rather than 'tests' anyway, so I think the intent of the thread goes on in the Lens Club thread.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/122-lens-clubs/247282-pentax-lenses-ff-club.html
01-29-2015, 07:03 PM   #34

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by pinholecam Quote
Thanks.
I know that there are folks who are genuinely interested in the results and that was the purpose of the thread.
Just got sick of all the "I jumped ship for FF and you guys with your old glass and Pentax cameras are losers" taunting.
So my reply is a "I am using my Pentax lenses on FF, it works, and perhaps you Canikon guys lost out, have fun lugging around those big lenses :D "

I've always liked to take photos rather than 'tests' anyway, so I think the intent of the thread goes on in the Lens Club thread.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/122-lens-clubs/247282-pentax-lenses-ff-club.html
the more I am playing with Canon RAW files the more I can laugh about the sensor, not the big lenses (I would not mind big lenses except for my travel/landscape photography where I have to carry them some hours a day). Having decent video/autofocus performance definitely shows the compromise in lower quality still images ... the sensors are way behind, at least what my recent experiences show

01-29-2015, 11:32 PM - 1 Like   #35
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I finally got around to shooting another family picture. So I am ready for FF. The real question is: Do I want it? I've gotten used to and very happy with shooting on APS-C. If I move to FF then all my glass will seem very short. Well, at least we have time to think about it.

Can anyone spot the 'oops'?
01-30-2015, 12:43 AM   #36
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Yeah, the 28-80 - the only one that looks like it's worth leaving home.

Hey, wait, I thought you didn't get the FE? Guess I was right about that too. Is that the 'oops'? Oops by you, or oops by Pentax for making it without the classic F appearance?

I think the 28-80 has a non-Pentax rear lens cap. Possibly the 35-135 as well. And it also has scratches on the casing around the front element.
Also filters on the 100 macro and 50/1.4.

I've only owned 9 of these, yet I've had all but the 100 macro and perhaps the 28-80 if you count their FA versions.
01-30-2015, 06:14 AM   #37
Veteran Member

all my glass will seem very short
Where is your ultra-wide? Widest I can see is 24mm.

01-30-2015, 09:05 AM   #38
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by DSims Quote
Yeah, the 28-80 - the only one that looks like it's worth leaving home.

Hey, wait, I thought you didn't get the FE? Guess I was right about that too. Is that the 'oops'? Oops by you, or oops by Pentax for making it without the classic F appearance?

I think the 28-80 has a non-Pentax rear lens cap. Possibly the 35-135 as well. And it also has scratches on the casing around the front element.
Also filters on the 100 macro and 50/1.4.

I've only owned 9 of these, yet I've had all but the 100 macro and perhaps the 28-80 if you count their FA versions.
Nope, not the 28-80 or the FE. Yeah I got the FE last Christmas, even my wife helps with my addiction. And no not rear caps, I swap those around too much to keep track of. And a lot of used lenses come with third party rear caps anyway.

I'll give you a hint: It starts with 'H' and ends with 'ya'.

---------- Post added 01-30-15 at 08:07 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Where is your ultra-wide? Widest I can see is 24mm.
Outside of the FE the F series has no UWA. I would also need a 300, 250-600 and 600 to fill out the group but I don't think that is going to happen. I could get a 300mm but it would be redundant and unless I win the lottery the other two are out of my reach.
01-30-2015, 09:08 AM   #39
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'll give you a hint: It starts with 'H' and ends with 'ya'.
Oh.

(+2)
01-30-2015, 11:03 AM   #40
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Oh WTH.

Buy K lenses.
No....Don't say that !.....Buy "F" lenses instead !
Im going to have 7 for sale if "FFFFFF"......well you know ? If it doesn't show up in 2015.
01-30-2015, 11:16 AM   #41
Veteran Member

I am all set for FF, although I don't need it...
01-30-2015, 01:06 PM   #42
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I just really want the 24-70mm and a new 85mm f1.4 i can be happy with those + my 70-200 and a Sigma 30mm art that i was supposed to be for APS-C only but i test it with the K1000 and seems that there is almos none vignetting.. actually i checed at some Canon and Nikon forums about that lens with FF sensors and looks like is working nice.. perhaps just a liiiiiiiitle tiny vignette but nothing serious..

So.. bring it on...
01-31-2015, 08:42 AM   #43
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I finally got around to shooting another family picture. So I am ready for FF. The real question is: Do I want it? I've gotten used to and very happy with shooting on APS-C. If I move to FF then all my glass will seem very short. Well, at least we have time to think about it.

Nice set, I have that 35-135 too... great little walkabout lens, but man, is that front plastic filter ring fragile! It "almost" makes a decent lens hood, but is a terrible bumper!

I am ready for FF and have also resisted buying more DA lenses, but then again, I never bought too many APSC lenses to begin with either...(DA55-300, DA16-45, Tamron 17-50 f2.8 are about it really)

I'm lacking a good flat field FF ultra wide, but I'll deal with that over time.

in the FF lens department I've been accumulating and am very happy with these on APSC. Hope they work as well under the higher MP and FF:

FA50 1.4
F35-135
F70-210
Vivitar 100mm 2.8 Macro
Tamron AF 28-75 F2.8
Tamron SP AF 70-200 F2.8
Tamron AF 1.4x Tele
SMC Tak 17mm fish

I have several other FF lenses, but I think some kind of a mix of some of a few of these would end up in my go-to kit for my medium Lowpro trekker depending on the occasion.

What's kind of amusing is that the large aperture Tamron's are good copies with no decentering (at least not visible on APSC yet) and are probably my sharpest zooms with the nicest bokeh, but if I had to choose based on color rendition, I like the old school Pentax F series, even with the slow, noisey old AF that makes people jump from 10ft away. LOL!
Eric
01-31-2015, 06:53 PM   #44
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I'm really mad at myself for not buying the FA-J 19-35mm that someone was selling a few months back.
01-31-2015, 11:41 PM   #45
Pentaxian

Buy 'F' glass:
You need the 17-28 FE