Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

View Poll Results: What is your 12 month budget for FF?
Under $ 1000 (so don't get excited). 5621.05%
Between $ 1000 and 2000 for just a body. 11442.86%
Between $ 2000 and 3000 for maybe also a lens or an expensive FF. 6122.93%
Between $ 3000 and 4000 for body and a lens. 228.27%
Between $ 4000 and 5000 for a nice system with one body. 93.38%
Between $ 5000 and 10.000 for a system with 2 FF body's. 20.75%
Over $ 10.000 for a complete FF system. 20.75%
Voters: 266. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-12-2015, 07:03 AM   #76
Pentaxian

I'm very happy with my K-3. It would certainly be cool to have a FF body, but at the moment, I really don't feel as though I'm missing out on anything. If the price of the FF body drops low enough, I'll probably get one, but I'm certainly not going to be an early adopter. I don't think. I like to take my cameras out hiking, and I'm not sure that the added size/weight of a full frame would work in my favor there.

02-18-2015, 04:14 PM   #77
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
I think that Pentax are aiming more for the pro-marked, then the concumer-marked with the FF anyway! Samme with the new lenses for the FF.
Well there is still time for Ricoh Imaging to decide on wich route they want to take. I think that when they look at the sales numbers for the two new lenses (70-200 and 150-450) by the end of the summer they will have a good indication on the chances to sell a FF body in the pricerange according to those lenses. I think they will be disapointed when the FF is more expensive then the then current streetprice of a D750.
02-18-2015, 04:37 PM   #78
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Well there is still time for Ricoh Imaging to decide on wich route they want to take. I think that when they look at the sales numbers for the two new lenses (70-200 and 150-450) by the end of the summer they will have a good indication on the chances to sell a FF body in the pricerange according to those lenses. I think they will be disapointed when the FF is more expensive then the then current streetprice of a D750.
As long as its better, i don't see the problem. When they want to aim at the pro's and CaNikon user, it has to be a camera that good. My feeling is that they will deliver a "low budget" one too..But this is not info, but guessing We'll see soon enough
02-18-2015, 08:11 PM   #79
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
This is why i really think that they should aim to grow the FF market first among Pentax users and then aim por Pro's .. or, aim for Pros and also release a lower end camera just a little after the Pro.. But just releasing a pro camera to a market that already have D810s and 5Dmk3s ( besides all the lenses ) hoping that this pro will switch all their gear to a Pentax gear without any previous FF support is just way to risky.

Just looking at this poll and you can tell how sales can be with a high price body.. and this is supposed to be a place where real pentaxians are.... Now if they release a not that pro body aiming to GROW their FF market in order to sell more lenses and then.. in a little release a Pro camera mmm that could be a different story.

02-19-2015, 04:29 AM   #80
Pentaxian

Guessing Ricoh have done their market research so knwo full well the sweet spot (from your poll)
is
<=$2000 body only
<=$3000 Body + kit

I think even at consumerpro level they can hit that .

They don;t have the infrastructure to take on full pro at the $4000+ body only range even if they could build the camera.
02-19-2015, 10:55 AM   #81
Pentaxian

I think that we can't judge the price just based on the 2 or future lenses. Because lenses last a looong time especially if they are good. And I don't think that Ricoh will think about releasing budget and pro models for every lens. So they just release a good one that will last a long time and that works on a pro market. With the body is different, every 2 years is a new model and sometimes even shorter than that they could released this lenses thinking in the future pros that will shoot Pentax, but in order to do this they need to grow their FF market with some nice cameras at attractive prices.
02-19-2015, 11:35 AM   #82
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
...The DOF quickly becomes to narrow at macro levels with the larger formats.
Focus stack. People do for the insect world all the time. It should work with jewelry too
02-20-2015, 09:17 AM   #83
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
Focus stack. People do for the insect world all the time. It should work with jewelry too
Sure it works... But spending THAT amount of time stacking for images that end up in a tiny brochure quickly prices me out the market. Q + PK macro lens is quick and does the job tremendously well. The right tool for the right job.

02-20-2015, 09:34 AM   #84
osv
Pentaxian

I shoot a lot of jewelry for a big customer. Even though I also have FF and APS-C in my arsenal, I mostly use the Q with K-mount adapter and macro lens for that. Especially for the smaller details. The DOF quickly becomes to narrow at macro levels with the larger formats.
interesting... tiny sensors like on that q will run into diffraction at a much earlier aperture reading than aps-c/ff will.

but all formats have equal diffraction, when the actual dof is equal.

i wonder if focal length is playing a role in this.

how about ff tilt on an aps-c sensor?
02-20-2015, 10:14 AM   #85
Pentaxian

Sure it works... But spending THAT amount of time stacking for images that end up in a tiny brochure quickly prices me out the market. Q + PK macro lens is quick and does the job tremendously well. The right tool for the right job.
Yeah, I agree. If it gets the job done than what better way to utilize the inherent properties of the smaller sensor.
02-21-2015, 11:13 AM   #86
Site Supporter

Without knowing anything about the specs it is a bit difficult. First I´ll wait for reviews of the new 70-200mm. I´m very interested in this lens. Perhaps i will use my christmas money on that lens (hopefully with a good street price after launch) and wait for a price drop on the FF body for mid ´16. This shouldn´t go over 3.500 - 4.000€ together. But this will depend mostly on my travel plans. Going to amazing places to have a wonderful time and get great pictures is more important than gear.
02-21-2015, 04:47 PM   #87
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Pioneer Quote
If their record with the K-01, the Q and other initial introductions are an indication then I will be pleasantly surprised if the body is priced somewhere south of $5K.
They have indicated no bargain, no exorbitance, the pricing will be similar to the opposition.

The two lenses were priced on that basis.
02-22-2015, 12:08 PM   #88
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
They have indicated no bargain, no exorbitance, the pricing will be similar to the opposition.

The two lenses were priced on that basis.
Correct.. they said that the price with be really close to the cameras that are at the same level.. que question here is.. What will be the camera level?? .. something like the D610 but with some K3 tweeks?? .. or perhaps something like the D750 .. or.. something more pro like the D810? .. at this time we dont know nothing.. not even the MP at the sensor so is really hard to assume something.. I'll really preffer that they do release something like the D610 but with some K3 spects and some new things because this could be a really nice camera to sell .. or even something around the D750 ... but at D810 level at this time mmmm dont know.. :/ i'll love to see something similar to the D810 but for 2016 as a second release, not as the first one.
02-26-2015, 06:27 AM   #89
Site Supporter

I don´t think that they will aim for the higher pro market at start. They would need a very good pro costumer service and infrastructure.
Professionnels need/want fast solutions if they run into problems. They need very good service in case of emergencies. (perhaps for a price) At the moment i don´t see such a service.
Imho they should establish an enthusiast / semi pro costumer base and in the next step establish a pro-partner programm and then get out some high end FF.
I think we will get someting inbetween the price of 610 and 750, with specs slightly above the 750.
09-24-2015, 06:36 AM   #90
Pentaxian

Original Poster
So that would make a nice set.......
  • Full Frame body K-1
  • 15-30mm/f2.8 (Tamron rebadge)
  • 24-70mm/f2.8 (Tamron rebadge)
  • 70-200mm/f2.8 Pentax lens
  • 150-450 mm Pentax lens

So could they put this in a box for 9.999 dollar?