Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 34 Likes Search this Thread
02-04-2015, 05:33 PM   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I wonder if it will have the internal lever to mate with K and M lenses so that aperture can be known.

02-04-2015, 05:33 PM - 1 Like   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
That looks like the SMCP-FA31 limited on it, so it will be pretty small. Visually it echoes the Contax SLR design - which is a good thing, as they were very solid cameras.

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Well that's my Christmas present taken care of.
Me too
02-04-2015, 05:35 PM   #33
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by cali92rs Quote
I think I may be a two system guy for a little while though until Pentax releases a 135mm fast prime
There is already one FF lens available... sometimes hard to find mind, like my "Lady Luck” (SMC Pentax-A* 135mm F1.8).
02-04-2015, 06:07 PM   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
In regards to appearance - Read the fine print:

Pentax Full Frame DSLR Officially Announced! - Pentax Announcements | PentaxForums.com

Pentax Full-Frame Prototype (design subject to change)
Note: The specifications and exterior design of this product are yet to be finalized.
Yes, of course. However, unless there is a lot of empty space inside that prototype pentaprism housing, my comment still stands. Big, bright viewfinder! If only it would be replaceable like on the LX, but I'm not holding my breath, even if there's a lot of room for development, yet.

---------- Post added 5th Feb 2015 at 11:09 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by alamo5000 Quote
I hope no one dies from all the over excitement LOL

I also hope a lot of the serial complaining subsides at least a little
It's actually a surprise that comment of any kind has been quite restrained, at least in terms of overall numbers.

02-04-2015, 06:21 PM   #35
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
It's actually a surprise that comment of any kind has been quite restrained, at least in terms of overall numbers.
The announcement came at an odd time if you ask me. I was at work and I scan the forums when I am on break (this one and several others) so that's when I saw it...but one thing is for sure... confirmed fact is a lot less exciting and interesting than unconfirmed rumor. Once it becomes fact then it sort of loses it's luster and becomes 'boring'. Just like all that high school gossiping.

I imagine as word gets out more we will have more talk about it. On the flip side now that Pentax will have a crop/FF/ AND a medium format what is left for people to complain about? Those folks are gonna have to start getting more creative! LOL

If they were half as creative in their photography....LOL

The forum might have to eventually do away with the FF section (my idea to create it BTW)

None the less all I need now is a 77mm to round out my amigos. When the FF finally rolls off the line I will be ready. I will buy one at some point. I just got a K3 and that isn't going anywhere any time soon.
02-04-2015, 06:34 PM   #36
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by alamo5000 Quote
I imagine as word gets out more we will have more talk about it. On the flip side now that Pentax will have a crop/FF/ AND a medium format what is left for people to complain about? Those folks are gonna have to start getting more creative! LOL

If they were half as creative in their photography....LOL

The forum might have to eventually do away with the FF section (my idea to create it BTW
Head on over to DPR. Beginning with the snarky announcement (Iit starts by reminding everyone Pentax 'announced' the MZ-D, so don't be sure you'll ever see this camera) the comments are bilious.

I feel dirty.
02-04-2015, 06:45 PM   #37

Photos: Albums
I wish the camera the best success. This should be the king kong of the k mount.

02-04-2015, 06:48 PM   #38
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Head on over to DPR. Beginning with the snarky announcement (Iit starts by reminding everyone Pentax 'announced' the MZ-D, so don't be sure you'll ever see this camera) the comments are bilious.

I feel dirty.
My whole theory is 'who really cares what those losers have to say?'

That said over the coming few years my prediction is the entrenched powers that be will be forced to recognize Pentax.

---------- Post added 02-04-15 at 07:50 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by dcshooter Quote
Let me help you out. Pentax needs a large-sensored mirrorless body with all new mount! Pentax needs a cinema cam! Pentax needs a 4"x5" digital LF with support for 1920's leaf shutter lenses! Pentax needs an orbital spy platform!

Can't you see Pentax is Dooooooooooooomed(tm)?!?!?!?!

Your post made me literally laugh out loud.

Now that a FF is on the way can we PLEASE talk about actually taking pictures?
02-04-2015, 06:56 PM   #39
Veteran Member

I just happen to have my K-5 right here with my FA-31 attached, and, holding it up for a comparison to the image of the prototype, it looks about the same size, apart from the much larger Pentaprism. Also, the apex of the prototypes prism isn't flat for a flash housing.
02-04-2015, 07:17 PM   #40
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bossa Quote
the apex of the prototypes prism isn't flat for a flash housing.
yeah I noticed that too - unless pentax has been really clever in hiding the built in flash - the camera looks like it will be in line with the Canon XD and upper level Nikon DXXX FX format cameras, sans built in flash.

---------- Post added 02-05-15 at 01:01 PM ----------

The only things that look Contax-like about it are that it is monolithic black
And when you really think about it that is what I liked about Contax cameras.

Pentax-standard top dial shares the same generic look as that on a RTS
The Contax RTS was anything BUT generic. The RTS is in my top five of the best built SLRs of all time.

Last edited by Digitalis; 02-04-2015 at 07:41 PM.
02-04-2015, 07:54 PM   #41

I was thinking - between the FF and the successor to the K-50 and potentially the Q7 and MX-1 and GR... are we looking at maybe 5 new cameras that'll push the envelope this year from Pentax/Ricoh?

Last edited by goodnight; 02-04-2015 at 08:10 PM.
02-04-2015, 08:17 PM   #42

What are the odds of the HD DA primes that I've picked up recently working on a full frame platform?
02-04-2015, 08:22 PM   #43
Pentaxian

wow, finally. Hope they bring back full k-mount too (de-crippled) and full exif support with manual lenses like Nikon.
02-04-2015, 08:39 PM   #44
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevilcornevil Quote
What are the odds of the HD DA primes that I've picked up recently working on a full frame platform?
*likely* Anything under 35mm will vignette... but this new body will Auto Crop to APS-C sized format so they will all work - only some will have a FF FoV.

Last edited by mattt; 02-04-2015 at 08:39 PM. Reason: to be less assertive
02-04-2015, 08:43 PM - 1 Like   #45

QuoteOriginally posted by stevilcornevil Quote
They should all work in the crop mode, but for full coverage on 35mm check out the DA lenses on Full Frame thread that falconeye started. It looks like the DA 15 and 21 won't the trick, but the DA 35 can if you stop down to ~f/4-f/5.6 and crop a little, and the DA 40 and 70 will do it with stopping down.