Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-09-2015, 12:06 AM   #91
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Tighelander Quote
Is it true that the Full Frame Pentax will be based on a Foveon sensor?
I doubt that very much. Where did you hear that from?

02-09-2015, 12:10 AM   #92

Sorry, I couldn't stop myself from putting a joke post in an article that's a huge change for all Pentaxians.
02-09-2015, 08:11 AM - 2 Likes   #93

QuoteOriginally posted by dcBear78 Quote
Seeing as we are talking about a D810 and also comparing the size of the FA31 on the new FF Pentax.

So here is the FA31 on a D810
Thank you very much, thanks to those pictures and several marketing photos of mounted lens on different bodies I've been able to make a quite good estimation of the possible dimensions of the Pentax FF...

Then I made a little infographics to compare this prototype to other bodies.
I don't pretend to be 100% accurate, but it seems that event with a 10% error margin wouldn't change the order, so there it is :

02-12-2015, 06:51 AM   #94

Pentax FF

Some more shots of this beast, looks quite familiar a bit taller, screen protrudes quit a bit and no movie mode switch thing..

Attached Images

02-12-2015, 07:04 AM   #95

I hope they put some leather textured rubber on the front of this thing, I'm not a big fan of the smoother stuff, regarding esthetics that is..
Attached Images

02-12-2015, 07:24 AM   #96
Pentaxian

It does look like they are still tweaking/adding things, and I imagine that since it's a prototype that they simply didn't produce the bespoke grips that would be required to finish out the look for the front of the camera. The small thumb grip on the back is likely a stock one from a K-3, since that probably wouldn't have to be modified to fit on the camera.

Other interesting observations: They've added teh IR sensor window which wasn't present on the initial images, and the last photo has no labels on the mode dial, while the others do! I'm guessing they have more than one prototype on display, each at different stages of the camera's "evolution".

QuoteOriginally posted by TobiasB Quote
I hope they put some leather textured rubber on the front of this thing, I'm not a big fan of the smoother stuff, regarding esthetics that is..
02-12-2015, 07:32 AM   #97
Pentaxian

I believe Post #94 is showing 3 Photoshop images that someone has overlayed buttons etc on top of the prototype.
02-12-2015, 07:39 AM   #98
Pentaxian

Ah, thanks for the clarification.

QuoteOriginally posted by hoopsontoast Quote
I believe Post #94 is showing 3 Photoshop images that someone has overlayed buttons etc on top of the prototype.

02-12-2015, 08:01 AM   #99

QuoteOriginally posted by dcshooter Quote
It does look like they are still tweaking/adding things, and I imagine that since it's a prototype that they simply didn't produce the bespoke grips that would be required to finish out the look for the front of the camera. The small thumb grip on the back is likely a stock one from a K-3, since that probably wouldn't have to be modified to fit on the camera.

Other interesting observations: They've added teh IR sensor window which wasn't present on the initial images, and the last photo has no labels on the mode dial, while the others do! I'm guessing they have more than one prototype on display, each at different stages of the camera's "evolution".
I think all the details buttons etc at close inspection is photo shopped on so you're right it is just the original 3d printed model and maybe the protruding screen is indicative of it being of the tilting type perhaps?
02-12-2015, 05:32 PM   #100
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

This is not the final design, and no buttons are confirmed - all at this stage is speculation and good photoshop work.
Enjoy waiting...
02-12-2015, 08:18 PM   #101
Pentaxian

A better comparison might be the MZ-S with battery grip as the MZ-D prototype shown had the grip. incorporated

MZ-D
02-12-2015, 08:51 PM   #102
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
This is not the final design, and no buttons are confirmed - all at this stage is speculation and good photoshop work.
...and bad photoshop work.
02-16-2015, 05:59 AM   #103
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
For a very very long time, i've been absent from Pentax and was not interested in "just another (too) small sensor" camera, but now things finally start to change. In the last days i've been reading a lot around here and on the net regarding the new full frame Pentax just announced, but could not find any information about the version and features of the K-mount coming with this new body. My main concern is, will it have an aperture sensing lever or not? Because this will be my critical feature for buying or finally skipping at all.
02-16-2015, 07:08 AM   #104
mee
Pentaxian

I'm guessing not. There is a large discussion in the 'News and Rumors' portion of the forums over this niche concern.
02-16-2015, 05:22 PM   #105
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
...and bad photoshop work.

Thesedays Photoshop can work with 3D images. We should be seeing more of those for the FF...