Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-18-2015, 10:31 AM   #136
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by John Hales Quote
So what would the picture look like if you did use a DA lens on the new K-1 body? Would the picture just be smaller because the lens couldn't fill the FF sensor? IQ changes?
There are many discussions speculating about the FF crop mode. If the sensor is 36MP the image will be cropped to ~15 or 16MP.

01-20-2016, 09:35 AM   #137

Nikon FX cameras crop the sensor to fit the DX lens circle, although some vignetting does show up with wide angle DX lenses.
01-24-2016, 06:41 PM   #138
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Pretty excited about the new FF. Still have and use my film cameras and I am hoping my FA* 28-70 and FA* 80-200 will work well on them. Also have and still use the FA 24-90 and FA 80-320. These and the FA 50 macro might still be useful on the new FF. My K3 is a super camera and if the FF is anything like it, I will be thrilled.

Just my two cents!
02-07-2016, 01:03 PM   #139

When can we see the real FF Pentax?

I only ask?

02-07-2016, 02:35 PM   #140
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Give 'em about two weeks. You can hold your own in April.
02-09-2016, 10:33 PM   #141
Pentaxian

I'm surprised that this camera is still not announced. Either the announcement was help by engineering development time, and in that case, within +- 15 days, for such a project, if they can't announce last week or this week , they may miss CP+ 2016. And if it is not announced because of the PR department rather than engineering issues, why would they wait more after 6 months of delay, no executive would do this since any additional delay just obliterate sales. Everyone else have announced their new camera models a few weeks ago already. I'm afraid that you gonna have to wait more than planned. Yep , it's kind of weird to wait on the day before a show to release a camera.
02-09-2016, 11:14 PM   #142
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
I'm surprised that this camera is still not announced. Either the announcement was help by engineering development time, and in that case, within +- 15 days, for such a project, if they can't announce last week or this week , they may miss CP+ 2016. And if it is not announced because of the PR department rather than engineering issues, why would they wait more after 6 months of delay, no executive would do this since any additional delay just obliterate sales. Everyone else have announced their new camera models a few weeks ago already. I'm afraid that you gonna have to wait more than planned. Yep , it's kind of weird to wait on the day before a show to release a camera.
Kenspo said it will be a date in February that starts with a "1". There's another 9 of them left, at this stage. Given his position, and with no disrespect, I'm inclined to believe his story, rather than yours.

02-09-2016, 11:36 PM   #143
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
Kenspo said it will be a date in February that starts with a "1". There's another 9 of them left, at this stage. Given his position, and with no disrespect, I'm inclined to believe his story, rather than yours.
For me, kenspo is a customer., full stop. If you believe that Ricoh staff can afford to spill internal corporate information to someone outside of Pentax business, and especially someone playing around on Pentaxforum, the risk regarding the business impact of uncontrolled information is far to high. Even third party companies developing component(s) of the product must sign an NDA and only have access to the minimum info they need to do their job. Now, that a local sales who don't have the full picture would reassure a customer, I can believe that. Ok , I go to work now, it's going to be more useful.
02-09-2016, 11:43 PM   #144

patience

Pentax is only provoking us with this silence - be patient.
02-09-2016, 11:58 PM   #145
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
For me, kenspo is a customer., full stop. If you believe that Ricoh staff can afford to spill internal corporate information to someone outside of Pentax business, and especially someone playing around on Pentaxforum, the risk regarding the business impact of uncontrolled information is far to high. Even third party companies developing component(s) of the product must sign an NDA and only have access to the minimum info they need to do their job. Now, that a local sales who don't have the full picture would reassure a customer, I can believe that. Ok , I go to work now, it's going to be more useful.
Man to give a date to people under NDA and that you want to try and review the camera and also advertise is logical. You'd not want kenspo or others to be in a 3 weeks vacation with his familly and no internet access as the key time..

You (or me) can't even be customers at this point because as far are we are concerned, we can't yet buy the camera; We know nothing.

Could kenspo be wrong? Sure he has been a bit optimistic if I recall previously. Is it that important? Not really if we speak a few days. or even a month. we will see if the camera is released in spring or not and I think spring didn't finish yet.
02-10-2016, 11:01 PM   #146

hello Guys, Kenspo is absolutely spot on on everything he stated. Sensor details would surprise you all, even those who are expecting 36MP , 19th Feb is the D'Day, check my earlier post.
02-12-2016, 03:48 AM   #147
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Apart from the three amigos, few lenses inspire me to wonder how they would go on a FF camera. But the FA (or DFA) 100/2.8 and FA 200/4 macro lenses have got to be exciting to see their results. I am waiting to see what DFA telephoto lens comes out in macro format, 150 or 200mm. Macro photography will be a very interesting venture with the FF. Perhaps the other type of lens that would be of interest would be the UWA variety, similar to what the DA 12-24 was to the APS-C dSLR. We'd have to see an 18-35 or 18-40mm to compare. Even better if it went to 15mm rectilinear. I'll be waiting...