02-05-2015, 08:36 AM   #1
Veteran Member

new FF looks like 6x7

I was hoping for it to look like MZ-S but oh well

Attached Images

02-05-2015, 08:47 AM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
"The product photo above may not be what the actual camera looks like when it’s unveiled — it’s simply a concept design that will be on display next week at the CP+ expo in Japan" ....petapixel
02-05-2015, 08:55 AM - 1 Like   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by shaolen Quote
I was hoping for it to look like MZ-S but oh well
it's 67II. :P

I like the design, hope it has the largest VF of all DSLR.
02-05-2015, 08:59 AM   #4

I really like the look. I hope they don't change it.

02-05-2015, 09:07 AM   #5

Holy sh*t it's ugly. Could Ricoh please fire the Pentax design department and hire someone with the vaguest hint of visual elegance?

;-)

- N.
02-05-2015, 09:15 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ndevlin Quote
Holy sh*t it's ugly. Could Ricoh please fire the Pentax design department and hire someone with the vaguest hint of visual elegance?

;-)

- N.

This is the reason that the design concerns me. For many pentaxians it would appeal to because of nostalgia but I think many people and especially outside of pentaxians its going to be a turn off
02-05-2015, 09:45 AM - 2 Likes   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery

;-)

- N.
Last time they tried that, they ended up with the K-01.

02-05-2015, 09:50 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by shaolen Quote
This is the reason that the design concerns me. For many pentaxians it would appeal to because of nostalgia but I think many people and especially outside of pentaxians its going to be a turn off
QuoteOriginally posted by JinDesu Quote
Last time they tried that, they ended up with the K-01.
The design is really hard to tell from a flat straight on shot like that. It might look a lot different in a 3-d image. And actually I don't give a small rodents rear what it looks like as long as it feels good in my hand. The only part I ever see is the viewfinder, so make that big and bright and I'm happy.
02-05-2015, 10:00 AM - 2 Likes   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Personally I couldn't give two flips what it looks like. Give it a big, clear, 100% viewfinder that beats the competition and at least matches in other areas, and the people that will spend money of FF will gravitate there. Don't sacrifice performance for aesthetics (oh, and I like the 67 look).
02-05-2015, 10:05 AM - 1 Like   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

FF aesthetics

QuoteOriginally posted by jrpower10 Quote
Personally I couldn't give two flips what it looks like.
Ditto. I am more concerned with ergonomics and image quality than anything else. If it looks slick , great, if not, well, I'll consider that an anti-theft measure.
02-05-2015, 10:18 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

;-)

- N.
I'm hip, my K-5 II is one of the prettiest cameras on the market and the K3 looks even better (with grip). I hope Pentax rounds-out the corners a little bit.
02-05-2015, 10:31 AM   #12
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Add me to the list that likes the look. That big prism means business.
02-05-2015, 10:41 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Good luck getting all Pentaxians to agree on a design. Without the specs, i prefer to think of the VF area as hiding one of the largest EVFs ever seen - still holding out hope With Pentax's big battery, they have the power to carry it off.
02-05-2015, 10:50 AM   #14
Pentaxian

I like the look. It's one part Pentax 67II (which has GREAT brand recognition among pros) and one part Sony A900.

I just hope that knob on top is a REAL SHUTTER SPEED DIAL!
02-05-2015, 10:54 AM   #15

Photos: Albums
I kinda like the look, and I am not really historically biased (even though I own a few old East German Practicas and a Pentax ME Super). It seems like a nice fusion of some classical design elements (e.g. the 67) and the current layout.

it would certainly be interesting to see an MZ-S based layout as well. However, my hunch is that they are too afraid to raise memories of the MZ-D, the camera that didn't happen. Also, the MZ-D was quite a huge behemoth, this one seems to be much smaller and portable, which I would quite appreciate.

I think my K-5 is quite big already. It's much bigger than my ME Super, which in turn is closer to the Olympus OM-D, the Sony A7 or those Fujis.