Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 61 Likes Search this Thread
02-13-2015, 11:12 AM   #136
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax has always been the "backwards compatible" company. What do people do? Think of the worst thing Pentax could do... and then say " I hope they don't do that." Then 20 other people talk about it. But hey, it's the internet....

02-13-2015, 11:46 AM   #137
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Pentax has always been the "backwards compatible" company. What do people do? Think of the worst thing Pentax could do... and then say " I hope they don't do that." Then 20 other people talk about it. But hey, it's the internet....
Talkers gonna talk . . .
02-13-2015, 12:05 PM   #138
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Given they have the FA 50, FA 35, the 3 FA LTDs and the D FA 50 and D FA 100 on the current roadmap, it is unlikely that the screwdrive would be dropped from the body.
I was agreeing with your post.
02-13-2015, 12:09 PM   #139
Veteran Member

WARNING: Bubble-Bursting - It's still 321 days 'til Christmas

WARNING: Bubble-Bursting - It's still 321 days 'til Christmas

I will not buy a Pentax full-frame if:

If I have to keep hearing everyone's existential exuberance for the remainder of the year. This is Waiting for Godot in real life. At least on stage there was lighting and wardrobe and a script (and those didn't help the play much).

Its the same aspect ratio with more pickles. By the time I get around to replacing the K-3, I'm sure APS-C sensor resolution shall have surpassed whatever the K-Unicorn is going to come with whenever it gets around to actually existing. The hypothetical hubbub is "Flogging a Dead Unicorn to Death Before it is Even Born".

OK. Now that my inner cry-baby has been sent to the corner...

OF COURSE I WANT ONE!! I'm just not likely to buy one. Nor would I purchase the digital 6x6 or 6x9 for which I devilishly advocate.

02-13-2015, 12:10 PM   #140
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
I was agreeing with your post.
I know! bigthumbsup I was just pointing out the obvious to those that are concerned that there are 7 ff primes on the roadmap from 31mm to 100mm.
02-16-2015, 09:18 AM   #141
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
I will not buy the FF, if it doesn't feature an aperture sensing lever - that's it!
02-16-2015, 10:01 AM   #142
ogl
Banned

I will not buy the FF, if I wouldn't be able to collect money.

02-16-2015, 10:49 AM   #143
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by UliBär Quote
I will not buy the FF, if it doesn't feature an aperture sensing lever - that's it!
Based on the CP+ interview, I don't thing they have any planned with a step down lever but would like to. They cited room in the box.

Edit:

QuoteQuote:
7. Do you plan to reintroduce the aperture coupler in the Pentax full-frame body so that legacy lenses can meter without having to stop down?

I think it's important but it's difficult because of the limited space.

Last edited by Blue; 02-16-2015 at 11:00 AM.
02-16-2015, 11:21 AM - 2 Likes   #144
Veteran Member

I won't buy a FF unless it has bacon recognition live view!
02-16-2015, 11:36 AM   #145
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jrpower10 Quote
I will not buy a ff if my only color option is pink
My iPad cover is pink, only one Walmart had, I hate it. Please no pink FF.
02-17-2015, 10:56 AM   #146

16MP full frame i honestly wouldn't mind even a little. anything over 24MP is a waste at 35mm, lenses just don't resolve any further. those wanting higher should consider medium format.
02-17-2015, 12:02 PM   #147
Veteran Member

If Pentax-Ricoh cut me a gift check tomorrow I still would not buy a FF camera. Or a K-3 either for that matter. I have all the digital cameras I need in my K-30's, my K5II and my Oly P-3's. Honestly I'm not even sure I need the K5II. I just bought the K5II kit because it was a too totally sweet deal and I really wanted the lenses that came with it. For what I paid I almost got the 18-135WR for free.

I like it anyway but sometimes I look at it and I'm like WTH am I doing with 3 DSLR's? Two I can kind of rationalize. Photography is my business and I just plain love my K-30's besides. I had to have a back up K-30 and a second body for work. That was just non-negotiable. But the K5II, that was a total impulse buy. It's a terrific camera. It compliments my K-30's very well actually. But I almost feel guilty for being so indulgent as to keep it. I mean I could sell it for nearly what I paid for the whole kit, end up getting a digital prime and the 18-135WR for like $99, but somehow I just can't quite bring myself to relist it on Amazon.

I could not rationalize spending the $$$ on a FF even if I had a gift check to spend. I'd just end up spending it on more primes instead. Another DSLR body is really redundant for me at this point, even if it is a FF body. I just don't need it at all.
02-17-2015, 12:28 PM   #148
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by spinach Quote
16MP full frame i honestly wouldn't mind even a little. anything over 24MP is a waste at 35mm, lenses just don't resolve any further. those wanting higher should consider medium format.
Well, I can tell you I get better resolution from my K3 than I did with my K5, and I can still pixel peep. That's on APSC too, so you may want to get better lenses if you're running into resolution limits at that pixel density on full frame.
02-17-2015, 12:43 PM   #149

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Based on the CP+ interview, I don't thing they have any planned with a step down lever but would like to. They cited room in the box.

Edit:
There is no reason this cannot be a software fix. All they need is to do is allow the shutter button half press to do the same thing as the green button metering: Focus lock AND meter at half press, then recompense if desired and shoot. This is just one example I have no doubt there are countless other ways to automate this process with a software fix so that the user does not have to treat it as a separate step. I would guess that this would be a hell of a lot cheaper and easier than making physical / mechanical changes.
02-18-2015, 12:35 AM   #150
Veteran Member

I guess I'll eventually buy the Pentax FF but not immediately after release. That's because they're obviously planning to make it to the technical and price level of a Nikon D8*0 and I'm more like the D6*0 price level guy. So when the price comes to that level, I'll bite.