Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 61 Likes Search this Thread
02-05-2015, 09:44 AM   #16

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
I was going to say that I won't buy one because I don't need to take shallow DOF, "only one eye in focus" portraits, but changed my mind.
you'll have to get used to stopping down one more on the aperture for that. it'll be hard not shooting wide open, i know, but we can do it.

02-05-2015, 09:45 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I will not buy a FF unless I cannot afford it. I think.

As long as it took them to get there I am expecting great things. It won't be available until next fall, and I was scheduled for a new body then anyway. So it will either be the k-3 replacement or the FF. I will need the 24-70 at least so if that and the body meet budget I'm in.

Come on Ricoh, get the thing out the door, please take my money
02-05-2015, 09:45 AM - 1 Like   #18
Veteran Member

1. I will not buy the FF, if I end up buying a house
2. I will not buy the FF, if it does not have screw drive so I can use FA Limited glass
3. I will not buy the FF, if it is more expensive than a D810
4. I will not buy the FF, if my wife threatens to take away my baby making parts
5. I will be content with my current Pentax glass unless.... an D-FA*85mm f1.4 and D-FA*135mm f2.0 get released
02-05-2015, 09:47 AM - 1 Like   #19
Pentaxian

I won't buy an FF Pentax. Haven't figured out why yet, they haven't released enough specs... but as soon as they do, I'll tell you.

Things I expect I won't like....
1. The price
2. The resolution
3. The back screen, tilting or no tilting, I can't decide which I dislike more, I won't like it either way. If it tilts I'll complain it feels cheap. If it doesn't tilt, I complain because it doesn't tilt. It doesn't matter what they do, I won't like it.
4. The 100-450 is way too much money.
5. The 70-200 2.8 is way too much money.

There is absolutely nothing about this camera I'm not preparing to dislike....
And that will be true until I decide I like it.

People who think they can embarrass me by quoting this when I decide I like it are wasting their time. To quote one of my teachers from years ago. "What the hell is with this "You're supposed to be consistent" thing. If once in your life you say something stupid, you're supposed to stick with it, just to be consistent?"

I feel absolutely no obligation to be consistent in my opinions. I define my opinions, they don't define me.

Last edited by normhead; 02-05-2015 at 09:59 AM.
02-05-2015, 09:47 AM - 1 Like   #20
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Wired Quote
I will not buy the FF, if my wife threatens to take away my baby making parts
Yeah, I'd suggest re-thinking then.
02-05-2015, 09:48 AM - 4 Likes   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Interesting times we live in.

I don't recall what the rationale was for the world's first crop-sensor camera. IIRC it was due to the high cost of sensors. If photographers had rejected that first approach we might never have gotten into this whole FF vs crop debate, but everyone was eager to ditch their lowly (and "full frame") film cameras for the IG of digital. So you see, there was something more important than FF way back then, and the same is true now. Now price is king. Or limited access.

If you needed FF and Pentax you simply stayed shooting film. I've heard that it still makes remarkable images - 'cept you can't shoot 15000 frames and delete 14999 of them to get the shot you wanted. Well, not without going broke.

In the end, a FF digital is a luxury item. If you suck as a photographer now, you'll still suck with a FF digital camera and be out $2000 or so. Pentax, sorry to predict, isn't making a FF DSLR to reward y'all for being brand loyal, they're doing it to make money, and it won't be cheap.

So, my answer is, I won't buy a Pentax FF DSLR as long as I keep my common sense.
02-05-2015, 09:49 AM   #22

i will not buy the pentax ff if i can no longer find bronica sq adapters or m42 adapters -- since i'm now saving up for this camera rather than lenses, apparently

02-05-2015, 09:51 AM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Wolfeye Quote
So, my answer is, I won't buy a Pentax FF DSLR as long as I keep my common sense.
good luck with that.

I do agree, for most people, myself included, buying this camera will be more an emotional decision than a rational decision. For me, I do not need it. Period. I only have one article of glass I "need" (D-FA 100mm f2.8). But that doesn't mean I won't be buying one when the money lines up.
02-05-2015, 09:53 AM - 1 Like   #24
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Wired Quote
4. I will not buy the FF, if my wife threatens to take away my baby making parts
My wife told me last night I can't have one even if someone gives it to me because we can't afford all the lenses I would buy to go with it.

I didn't tell her.
02-05-2015, 09:54 AM - 2 Likes   #25
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I didn't tell her.
For a small monthly fee, we won't either.
02-05-2015, 09:56 AM - 2 Likes   #26
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
I was going to say that I won't buy one because I don't need to take shallow DOF, "only one eye in focus" portraits, but changed my mind.
That's why I'm selling my APS-C gear. This DA *55 lens is driving me crazy with its narrow depth of field....

02-05-2015, 09:59 AM   #27
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteQuote:
Complete the sentence: “I will not buy the FF, if ____________"
If I can't afford it. Otherwise, I am sure to get one, even if it is the same specs as the K3 with only a larger sensor.

Well, alright, I can think of a few ridiculous things: I wouldn't buy one if it isn't autofocus, or if the image quality is terrible, or if it doesn't have screw drive.
02-05-2015, 10:04 AM - 1 Like   #28
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
That's why I'm selling my APS-C gear. This DA *55 lens is driving me crazy with its narrow depth of field....

You know you can't do that with APS-c dude, now you're just messing with us. According to everything I've read on the forum, you have to have a full frame for that.

If you'd had a Full Frame you could have made only half that eye in focus.

It would have been a better picture if the other eye was so obliterated you couldn't tell what it was. A Full Frame would have made that easy.
02-05-2015, 10:09 AM - 1 Like   #29
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
The euphoria will wear off fairly quick.

You mean quickly after the price will be announced
02-05-2015, 10:13 AM   #30
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

what is the one thing that will make you NOT buying the Pentax Full-frame?

Read more at: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/169-pentax-full-frame/287938-i-will-not-b...#ixzz3QtLOq25a

For one think I don't think I can afford one without filing for divorce.