Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-05-2015, 09:03 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
“I will not buy the FF, if _____"

OK, if you want to stay with APSC, please don't come to "Full Frame" forum, OK? so no: "I will not buy the FF, since I want APSC"

what is the one thing that will make you NOT buying the Pentax Full-frame?

Complete the sentence: “I will not buy the FF, if ____________"

I can think of:
1. I will not buy the FF, if "Ricoh" instead of "Pentax" is used;
2. I will not buy the FF, if it has flipping screen;
3. I will not buy the FF, if it is more expensive than D750;
4. I will not buy the FF, if "cropped mode" cannot be overwrite/disabled when DA lens attached;
5. I will not buy the FF, if I cannot make phone call with it...

So, what is the absolute thing that will prevent you from buying Pentax FF? (So they know what to avoid)

02-05-2015, 09:12 AM   #2
Veteran Member

I will not buy ff if this forum doesn't shut up about it. Its almost a year away
02-05-2015, 09:17 AM - 3 Likes   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by wibbly Quote
I will not buy ff if this forum doesn't shut up about it. Its almost a year away
Uhhhhhhhm, Dude, tomorrow is 'before the end of 2015.' April is 'before the end of 2015.' September is 'before the end of 2015.'

Yeesh.

As to the OP, I will not buy it if it comes with 4G LTE and an IMEI #

Last edited by monochrome; 02-05-2015 at 09:57 AM.
02-05-2015, 09:20 AM   #4
Veteran Member

I will not buy the FF if I already own one ... but I might buy one in 3-4 years or so (which in theory should be a more grown-up version).

02-05-2015, 09:21 AM - 4 Likes   #5

How about "I never intend to buy a Pentax FF. I just like hearing the sound of my own voice and complained vociferously on how Pentax needs a FF camera."
02-05-2015, 09:24 AM - 2 Likes   #6
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
You do realize, don't you, that this is a discussion forum? Discussion is the opposite of shutting-up.
QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
How about "I never intend to buy a Pentax FF. I just like hearing the sound of my own voice and complained vociferously on how Pentax needs a FF camera."

QuoteOriginally posted by LFLee Quote
1. I will not buy the FF, if "Ricoh" instead of "Pentax" is used;
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/172-pentax-k-3/239325-why-i-wont-buy-k3-w...re-thread.html
02-05-2015, 09:26 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Its just a prototype announcement and the place explodes. Hard to navigate through it all right now.

02-05-2015, 09:29 AM - 4 Likes   #8
Veteran Member

I won't buy a Pentax FF... if I can't afford it.

That's basically the only thing that will stop me is if the price exceeds a certain pain threshold.

---------- Post added 02-05-15 at 09:29 AM ----------

Its just a prototype announcement and the place explodes. Hard to navigate through it all right now.
someone needs a hug
02-05-2015, 09:30 AM - 1 Like   #9
Veteran Member

Embrace the ecstasy everyone goes trough right now because, brace yourself... once is released everything will go south and all you will get is complains .
02-05-2015, 09:31 AM   #10
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

I was going to say that I won't buy one because I don't need to take shallow DOF, "only one eye in focus" portraits, but changed my mind.
02-05-2015, 09:32 AM - 1 Like   #11
Dan
Pentaxian

I will not buy the FF if it has a light leak and/or sprays oil on the sensor. Sorry Nikon.

I fully intend to buy the FF Pentax. I am waiting patiently for it to hit the market. As a Pentax user, I've become well practiced at waiting patiently.

Dan
02-05-2015, 09:32 AM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
I was going to say that I won't buy one because I don't need to take shallow DOF, "only one eye in focus" portraits, but changed my mind.
There's a pill for that
02-05-2015, 09:32 AM - 1 Like   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Let us celebrate a while, can you? it's not like Pentax world get this kind of thing often....
02-05-2015, 09:33 AM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I think the real question is if you need/want it and if you can afford it. Probably most people can get by with APS-C (as we have been told many times before), but I think "I want it" is a plenty good reason to get a new camera.

If you can't afford it today, in a year or two, you will certainly be able to afford a used version, so not sure that price is really a reason for or against. People often get up in arms about a release price, but that will change over time.
02-05-2015, 09:42 AM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Gasp. Of course you do, what on earth are cameras for except shallow depth of focus only one eye in focus shots? I'm shocked, shocked to here (read) you say that........ And a moderator as well, highly disappointing.
Oh come on, we have been waiting for this for 10 years, let everyone celebrate for a week. The euphoria will wear off fairly quick.