Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 61 Likes Search this Thread
02-05-2015, 01:09 PM   #76
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Yeah ... get RID of the French thingy there ...

As soon as I locate "epic"

02-05-2015, 01:09 PM   #77
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
why I won't buy a k3 (Warning: Satire Thread)
Now if this was a Saltire Thread I'd definitely be joining in.
02-05-2015, 01:26 PM - 1 Like   #78
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I will not buy if the FF PENTAX digital camera will weigh more than Nikon + Canon + Sony FF cameras weigh together.
In any other case I will buy new FF Pentax digital camera.
02-05-2015, 01:40 PM   #79

I will not buy the FF if it:

1. Exceeds 2500 dollars for the body.
2. Lacks a screwdrive.
3. Gets bad reviews for valid reasons.

I will probably wait til atleast 6 months after release anyway, so as to get a bit of a lower price on it and to make sure there aren't any huge looming issues with it.

02-05-2015, 01:40 PM   #80

1. I will not buy the FF if it doesn't come in silver
2. I will not buy the FF if it doesn't have sensor shift
3. I will not buy the FF if it doesn't have a screwdrive
4. I will not buy the FF if I can't get a split prism focussing screen
5. I will not buy the FF if I can't get a viewfinder loupe
6. I will not buy the FF if it's more than 3000 bucks
02-05-2015, 01:45 PM - 1 Like   #81

I will buy one only if I can Facebook, Tweet, & Instagram with it! (KIDDING!!! :-)

Only if its affordable. Its what lead me to Pentax to begin with, hope they continue in that tradition (and thats its WR, truly WR, best feature ever).
02-05-2015, 02:46 PM   #82

I will not buy the FF if it fails to make me a much better photographer, perhaps up with H C-B, Maier and Bailey. But of course it will, as all you need is FF

02-05-2015, 03:32 PM   #83
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by wibbly Quote
I will not buy ff if this forum doesn't shut up about it. Its almost a year away
I will not buy the FF, if @wibbly doesn't approve.
02-05-2015, 03:35 PM   #84
F/8 & Somewhere
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by svitekphotos Quote
And another one: I will definitely NOT be buying it if it has no internal AF motor. Again, I doubt Pentax-Ricoh would pull a stupid that badly, but if, by any chance, they decide to go Canon on us and say "only motor ALL the lenses" I'll flip shit.
You betcha on this one.
02-05-2015, 03:37 PM   #85
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mrNewt Quote
I will not buy the FF if I already own one ... but I might buy one in 3-4 years or so (which in theory should be a more grown-up version).
be careful what you say Who knows when the next iteration will come?
02-05-2015, 04:09 PM   #86
Veteran Member

Da560 > ff
02-05-2015, 05:29 PM   #87

QuoteOriginally posted by Wolfeye Quote
Interesting times we live in.

I don't recall what the rationale was for the world's first crop-sensor camera. IIRC it was due to the high cost of sensors. If photographers had rejected that first approach we might never have gotten into this whole FF vs crop debate, but everyone was eager to ditch their lowly (and "full frame") film cameras for the IG of digital. So you see, there was something more important than FF way back then, and the same is true now. Now price is king. Or limited access.

If you needed FF and Pentax you simply stayed shooting film. I've heard that it still makes remarkable images - 'cept you can't shoot 15000 frames and delete 14999 of them to get the shot you wanted. Well, not without going broke.
i love film! kinda tired of 135 though after experiencing the all-around friendliness of 120. also, there's a lot of jobs (i.e. school portraits and other such subcontract work) where digital is a requirement and o god is there ever a dearth of affordable wide glass that is decent in any way. full frame is just cheaper, overall, than crop.
02-05-2015, 05:42 PM   #88
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
... If it's more than $2200 for the body. Not because it's probably not worth it, but because my photography budget is not infinite and I already have a FF body (D800) so my justifications have to be incredibly convoluted.

That ^ could change if this initial Pentax body is so freaking great I can't resist it... but then I may think of selling the D800.

If I had no current FF? No-brainer, at almost any price under $4k, I'd be in the K-ff. I think I'd go used/Sigma/Tamron route though on the f/2.8 zooms, and then round out with FA 43 & 31 to go with my 77.

Kinda where I'm at. I have two other full frames now. I don't think I can get rid of the Sony (Mrs. ElJamoquio), and I'm now addicted to the Nikon Autofocus + long glass. The Pentax would now have to be awesome. It might be a great value, though, and I might buy it as a second body to carry around.
02-05-2015, 06:05 PM   #89
Forum Member

I will not buy the FF if I can 3D print my own
I will not buy the FF if it doesn't come in olive green w/ pink grip.

in all honestly I won't ever buy it, but this is a humorous thread...
02-05-2015, 08:28 PM   #90
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If does not support legacy K-mount lenses. Big pluses if it's weatherproof, has a big viewfinder, crop mode, great dynamic range (think Sony a7s), and 16 to 24 resolution .