Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
02-06-2015, 04:07 AM   #16

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by alamo5000 Quote
There is nothing wrong with discussing gear but I would hope we can promote more of the other stuff a lot more to balance this stuff out.
The thing is that there are a lot of discussions about other stuff as well. But I've come to the conclusion that photographing attracts mainly two kinds of people, artists and nature lovers, but both of them are when it both boils down atleast to some degree also tech junkies. I am myself something like 70% tech and 30% nature. And it would be weird if that did not reflect in my posts. There are probably more people that are higher on artist and nature than their tech % but... the higher the tech % is the more likely that person will find this forum, and become active. So it is only natural that most people here are more into the tech side of photography, and that reflects in the posts.

But here comes the curve ball. Today I would say anyone under ~30 interrested in tech or not has a computer, has the knowledge needed to gather information on the internet and knows how to operate on a forum. So as time goes by, we will see less and less technical posts and more and more artistic influences.

This is nothing that can be promoted or demoted we will just have to wait for the pendulum to swing back.

02-06-2015, 05:46 AM   #17
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Don't worry, as threads become less relevant, they will naturally undergo attrition from lack of new posts.
But they will always be fun to pull out of the archives every now and then to relive the doomsday messages.