Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
02-05-2015, 01:01 PM - 1 Like   #1

Photos: Albums
Adam - Time to delete two threads!

Finally time to remove the "Full-frame and speculative threads belong elsewhere!" We need to be able to discuss rumors even if it isn't released yet

also, once that is done you should delete this thread aswell.

02-05-2015, 01:03 PM   #2

Maybe just close them.
02-05-2015, 01:04 PM   #3

Original Poster
Or changing the title would work aswell I guess

---------- Post added 02-05-15 at 09:05 PM ----------

but delete has more force than change the title or close
02-05-2015, 01:14 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Just close those threads. They might be interesting to read in the future.

02-05-2015, 01:18 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Note that Adam already updated the "Full-frame and speculative threads belong elsewhere!" thread this morning, quote:

Now that Pentax has officially announced the upcoming launch of a full-frame camera, the wait is almost over for those who have been craving an FF!

With that said, the policies stated above will continue to apply until the camera actually becomes available.

Read more at: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/16-pentax-news-rumors/220217-full-frame-s...#ixzz3Qu5PV1Ba
02-05-2015, 01:20 PM - 4 Likes   #6
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I don't think threads should be removed just because they are no longer relevant, just as books should not be removed from a library. Once the new FF camera exists and has a proper subforum under DSLRs, I think the current FF forum should be closed to posting, but left in place. It's part of the history of Pentaxforums.com.
02-05-2015, 01:37 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Hmmm... maybe a renaming of sub-forums is more in order? PF could have an "APS DSLR" section with sub-forums for current APS models.

02-05-2015, 02:39 PM   #8
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
I don't think threads should be removed just because they are no longer relevant, just as books should not be removed from a library. Once the new FF camera exists and has a proper subforum under DSLRs, I think the current FF forum should be closed to posting, but left in place. It's part of the history of Pentaxforums.com.
Agreed!
02-05-2015, 02:45 PM   #9
hcc
Pentaxian

Agreed. +1
02-05-2015, 04:05 PM   #10
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

It will also be fun to be able to look back, after the FF is in people's hands, at all of the "it will be/have <insert feature here>, no it won't, yes it will, no it won't, yes it will............." exchanges.
02-05-2015, 04:13 PM   #11
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

no it won't, yes it will, no it won't, yes it will............." exchanges.
Spot on mate! LOL
02-05-2015, 07:51 PM   #12
Pentaxian

The FF forum was created because of irritation with people arguing over a mythical FF and every other thread turning into a FF argument of one sort or another.

Here is the link where it began....

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/3-site-suggestions-help/220103-question-f...e-threads.html

That said I don't think deleting the threads is a good idea. Leave them be.

I would just hope the forum will be as equally dedicated to hardware/gear as it is about actual photography and the artistry involved.

I fear that people have been so entrenched in this FF incessant arguing that they won't know what to complain about now that the whole FF thing is no longer an issue.
02-05-2015, 09:11 PM   #13
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by alamo5000 Quote
I fear that people have been so entrenched in this FF incessant arguing that they won't know what to complain about now that the whole FF thing is no longer an issue.
Oh, I wouldn't worry about that. You can't keep a good malcontent down.
02-05-2015, 10:59 PM   #14
Pentaxian

Oh, I wouldn't worry about that. You can't keep a good malcontent down.
Honestly that's one thing that drives me nuts about PF sometimes.We don't have_______ ***moan, cry, anger, threaten to take your ball and go home***

I like learning technical aspects of stuff just as much as the next guy. That stuff is all fine and good and all, but I wish we could get more people hyped up about creativity, artistic elements, lighting, interesting subject matter and so on and so forth regardless if they are shooting with a MX on through a 645z . It seems to me that the forum is about 75% gear and 25% everything else.

There is nothing wrong with discussing gear but I would hope we can promote more of the other stuff a lot more to balance this stuff out.
02-06-2015, 01:33 AM   #15
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by 6BQ5 Quote
Hmmm... maybe a renaming of sub-forums is more in order? PF could have an "APS DSLR" section with sub-forums for current APS models.
I agree.. leave the Pentax Full Frame forum and rename the Pentax DSLR Discussion forum Pentax APS or something like that. Just would seem backwards to close the Pentax Full Frame forum once the camera came out.