Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 21 Likes Search this Thread
02-13-2015, 01:58 AM   #106
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by beachboy2 Quote
That big prism takes up all the top end room in the FF.

I love that detail; wouldn't mind even bigger hump. Bring on the 72" viewfinder!

02-13-2015, 12:34 PM   #107
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Well, again, we are just looking at a 3D print so we will not know what the final camera will actually look like. I am sure it Is close but who knows. I had heard rumors that there will be a hybrid OVF/EVF which will be interesting and would definitely need to have a bigger hump.
02-13-2015, 01:23 PM - 1 Like   #108
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
I like the convenience of an on board flash, but the lack (or presence) of one would have zero influence on my decision to buy, or not buy, the camera.
But the presence or lack thereof will directly correlate to the number of PID posts immediately after the spec sheet is revealed.
02-13-2015, 02:01 PM   #109
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
the number of PID posts immediately after the spec sheet is revealed.
Since when do people wait for the spec sheet?

02-13-2015, 02:33 PM   #110
Veteran Member

For me, it is no big deal, it is a pro camera... and I don't use the in-camera flash at all.
02-13-2015, 03:25 PM   #111
Veteran Member

Original Poster
As was said in the interview with the Japanese, it is a FF enthusiast, not a pro camera. I still think that they will have a flash, it is just too convenient not to have one and Nikon D800 series has one.
02-13-2015, 04:31 PM   #112
Veteran Member

I'm baffled - I just (regrettably) read this entire thread and all its 5 pages and not a single mention of the new tiltable and pocketable weather sealed P-TTL flash that should be sold for about $125 by the time the FF is released.

That to me is the perfect solution. AND your "on-board" flash now can tilt for a quick bounce inside (which a true OB can't).

So much bitching over a trivial problem that, thanks to Ricoh's forward thinking, is not a problem at all for those who still deem the OB flash necessary.

Forest for the trees...

-Heie

02-13-2015, 04:47 PM   #113
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Heie Quote
I'm baffled - I just (regrettably) read this entire thread and all its 5 pages and not a single mention of the new tiltable and pocketable weather sealed P-TTL flash that should be sold for about $125 by the time the FF is released.
It was mentioned... https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/169-pentax-full-frame/287978-no-onboard-f...ml#post3150182

I had hoped for a small unit that could act as a commander, but this wee flash is pretty inexpensive so a full feature set isn't in the cards.
02-13-2015, 04:52 PM   #114
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Yeah....this thread got a lot of traction I guess.

It was never said that ob flash was the best option, it is just a convenient option. If I am out and about....say...on the beach .....and just have my camera.......and there is a late afternoon shot I want to take on the beach.....and I want to take 1/4 power fill flash with the ob flash.....I take it. But now....I will need to always take a flash with it, or increase the shadows in LR since I am using Raw. It has never said that in certain situations, using an external flash is the best option....that is a no brainer. It is just in those instances where you just want fill, that was an option. Now, if they don't have an ob flash, that, of course, will not be an option. I don't think anyone is saying it is a deal breaker....it is just that it is so easy to use ob in certain situations where it works very well.