Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 19 Likes Search this Thread
02-07-2015, 12:57 AM - 1 Like   #16
Veteran Member

I don't want a crippled K-mount to avoid stop down metering for old non A lenses

02-07-2015, 11:58 AM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
This is scary if they are asking for input now. Surely the camera should be feature locked and ready to go to manufacturing by now.
Ready to go to manufacturing, some half a year away from its market launch? Really?
Don't worry, the most they can do with such input at this stage is to select from several prototypes being developed, or make some adjustments. I doubt this was requested by Ricoh Imaging engineers.
02-07-2015, 01:59 PM   #18
Banned

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Ready to go to manufacturing, some half a year away from its market launch? Really?
Don't worry, the most they can do with such input at this stage is to select from several prototypes being developed, or make some adjustments. I doubt this was requested by Ricoh Imaging engineers.

Ricoh USA marketing noncense
02-07-2015, 02:23 PM   #19

QuoteOriginally posted by mgbirder Quote
This was posted on the Ricoh page on Facebook - Seems they are open to input about the FF camera

Full Frame- Market Launch 2015 - RIAC Community
What I posted there is:

- Type: DSLR with a good optical viewfinder
- Sensor: 24Mpix or 36Mpix without AA filter. Prefer 24Mpix.
- Make it compact
- SR
- Weather sealed
- Quick shift gear inside the body so I could have quick shift to my FA lenses
- Please do not force to use crop mode for DA lenses!

02-07-2015, 03:40 PM   #20
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Well, it's still a way for us to send feedback so it's a good thing. Except I think that feedback will be all over the place, mostly requests conflicting with each other - but after serious filtering, perhaps they could get something useful.
02-07-2015, 03:42 PM   #21
Pentaxian

A coordinated wishlist from PF might carry more weight. Adam?
02-07-2015, 05:32 PM - 1 Like   #22
Forum Member

My wishlist for the full-frame

Personally I don't really care about video (you don't need FF for quality video performance) but would rather be looking for photographic performance for my landscape photography such as:

- low light performance (similar to the 645Z)
- this means max 36MP (24MP better) in FF and 20MP in APS-C mode
- dynamic range (about 14EV)
- a proper set of FA (super) wide angle lenses (prime and zoom) from 14 to 28mm that can hold a grad filter holder
- in body shake reduction
- in body wifi capability to transfer my picture to a tablet whilst on travel
- customisable APS-C lenses mode
- tiltable rear screen for lower position shooting with tripod
- in body GPS capability
- A body that isn't too bulky
- a new set of FA limited prime lenses
- dual SD card reader

So not too much in summary...

02-07-2015, 05:50 PM   #23
Pentaxian

My "full frame" wish(not so much list):
+ compact, high quality primes - preferably DC and weather sealed. Not very fast if that would make them large&heavy, but should have top performance from wide open.
02-07-2015, 05:59 PM - 1 Like   #24
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
So negative!
02-07-2015, 11:27 PM   #25
Forum Member

Here's my entry to the thread "over there".

Lots of good suggestions in this thread.
I'm _very_ keen to see the following features:
- ability to save & load camera settings to/from named file on memory card;
- direct setting via dials of aperture/shutter/sensitivity/EV+/-, each of these four dials to have an "A" setting, thus "doing away" with the mode dial;
- an excellent viewfinder with 100% coverage;
- no anti-aliasing filter (as per K-3);
- compact size;
- SR;
- weather sealed;
- multiple exposure facility;
- "quick shift" gear inside the body, thus providing this very useful feature on the three FA Limited lenses;
- photographer's choice of "crop mode", not determined by lens type.
Many of these items have been mainstays of Pentax dSLR cameras since the *istD, so I look forward to their inclusion in this new 36x24mm-sized sensor body.
02-08-2015, 12:06 AM - 1 Like   #26
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I too think it is fantastic that they are even asking for suggestions from users, Ricoh are really kicking goals and taking Pentax forward. The K3 and 645Z are fantastic and no doubt this full frame will punch pretty hard too

I would like to see:

* AF points spread over a wider area
* If building the GPS/Astro Tracer into the body is possible/practical I think that would be a great and unique feature to help the Pentax brand stand out
* I would like an on-screen timer for shooting in bulb mode. This should be pretty simple shouldnt it? In fact if this could be added to existing models through a firmware update that would be great too. I shoot bulb a lot (with a 10 stopper) so would love to have an on screen timer rather than use my phone
* I think 36MP is a minimum. Unfortunately the MP race is on, and if Pentax were to debut a FF in 2015 with less than 36 it would lack the clout of the other brands. Canon have just announced 50MP and Olympus a 40MP option through sensor shannanigans so I'd like to see Pentax do something eye-catching on the MP front too.
* A nice and fast (2.8) wide angle lens would be great too. Either a prime, or something in the 12-24 range or similar.
02-08-2015, 02:13 AM   #27
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I sent my wishes in. I did not bother to state the really obvious ones: weather sealing, SR and so on: it seems those will be there anyways. Let's see what they think about the idea in the second message :-)
02-08-2015, 04:12 AM   #28

better low-light for video than the K3
4K UHD
IBIS like the new Olympus
better tablet tethering and in body wifi rather than flu-card
on-lens controls like that on the new samsung nx1
and hot models to shoot for a year
02-09-2015, 10:55 AM   #29
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ragmanjin Quote
I figure the body's going to be fantastic whatever specs they decide on, so my biggest request would be to update the FA 1.4/50 with HD coatings and a less 90s-esque barrel style, attach it as the kit lens.

Just my two cents.

-Raj
Remember the days when the 50 was the kit lens ...mind you, zooms weren't up to much back then.
02-09-2015, 12:43 PM   #30
Veteran Member

Most things are in place allready. They only wait as long ass possible, before putting in the sensor. That way, they are shure they have the latest and best technology available in the camera before starting production. This is very good thinking by Ricoh! Very much can change in sensor technology in 6 months...